2018 Jackson Ironmen Football Outlook

Jackson_ironmen07
Waterboy

2018 Jackson Ironmen Football Outlook

Post by Jackson_ironmen07 »

Who does Jackson return on both sides!
Any lower level players to look out for?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Jackson Ironmen

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson_ironmen07 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:45 am Who does Jackson return on both sides!
Any lower level players to look out for?
Lose a lot of good offensive lineman, an elite back/db and excellent kicker, wr and safety.....everyone else returns.

QB another year of experience, good backs, good defense and I would guess a freshman or two will see the field on varsity some.

7-3 or 8-2 again

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

yes the offensive line will need to re-group but plenty of young men that is eager and willing to step up to the plate. with all the young star athletes now coming into the varsity ranks I also see some of these freshmen getting their fair share of time under the lights of Friday night. the 2018 season will be the start of some of the best ironmen football to date in the next 4-5years!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

The young men that will be freshmen next year will certainly be big enough to play varsity next year! Saw them play Burg this year and those are big boys...just about all of them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think I heard the 7th and 8th grades did they both go undefeated??

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:03 am I think I heard the 7th and 8th grades did they both go undefeated??
Correct. 7th and 8th grade teams both went 8-0.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not really hearing to many good things on this new league in terms of competitive balance for football. How did the Reserve and Freshman teams do??

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The FAC is very good football league
Chillicothe 8-2
Jackson 8-2
Hillsboro 7-3
* Courthouse 5-5 (would've been at least 7-3)
Miami Trace won't be down long

I really enjoyed the FAC this year

gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

ironman02 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:50 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:03 am I think I heard the 7th and 8th grades did they both go undefeated??
Correct. 7th and 8th grade teams both went 8-0.
The 2017 8th grade class is going to be something special to watch when they start playing at the varsity level. It's the best class I've seen since back in the mid 90's. The QB can sling an accurate pass 40-50 yds now as an 8th grader. The defense is the biggest strength though. The defense was very stingy this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them get varsity playing time as freshmen. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm The FAC is very good football league
Chillicothe 8-2
Jackson 8-2
Hillsboro 7-3

That Hillsboro 7-3 mark unless something has changed is only because of their schedule. 7 wins came against teams with a combined 12-52 mark and that's with Clermont having a good year by their standard with 6 wins. McClain will produce a 6-7 win team every several years, Miami Trace same thing only it'll be 7-8, and same with Courthouse. To think that this league isn't between Jackson and Chillicothe pretty much EVERY year is crazy. Yeah they get to play larger schools in terms of division but overall quality of football isn't there year in and year out. Pee Wee played same teams guess who ended up in the Super Bowl for 3/4 and 5/6 both Jackson teams in both age groups, junior high teams that went undefeated, don't know what freshman and JV did and a varsity squad that on a down year was playing for the title in week 10.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:01 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm The FAC is very good football league
Chillicothe 8-2
Jackson 8-2
Hillsboro 7-3

That Hillsboro 7-3 mark unless something has changed is only because of their schedule. 7 wins came against teams with a combined 12-52 mark and that's with Clermont having a good year by their standard with 6 wins. McClain will produce a 6-7 win team every several years, Miami Trace same thing only it'll be 7-8, and same with Courthouse. To think that this league isn't between Jackson and Chillicothe pretty much EVERY year is crazy. Yeah they get to play larger schools in terms of division but overall quality of football isn't there year in and year out. Pee Wee played same teams guess who ended up in the Super Bowl for 3/4 and 5/6 both Jackson teams in both age groups, junior high teams that went undefeated, don't know what freshman and JV did and a varsity squad that on a down year was playing for the title in week 10.
Well I can tell you this much. Courthouse and Hillsboro were better teams than the other teams Jackson played . The wellstons , Fairfield union, Gallia , western browns and the like

Other than burg of course there was a better level of football in the fac

As far as junior high and peewee Jackson always seems to dominate at those levels

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

That much I might be able to give you, but Hillsboro is typically a 2-4 win team.

Tank14
Waterboy

Post by Tank14 »

Is andy hall leaving Jackson, I've heard his name mentioned here at ironton

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Tank14 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:17 pm Is andy hall leaving Jackson, I've heard his name mentioned here at ironton
Zero chance

Jackson_ironmen07
Waterboy

Post by Jackson_ironmen07 »

What is the schedule for 2018

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson_ironmen07 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:52 pm What is the schedule for 2018
Think it should be this unless the FAC schedule is switched up.

Week 1: AT Wellston
Week 2: AT Fairfield Union
Week 3: Gallia Academy
Week 4: Western Brown
Week 5: AT Wheelersburg
Week 6: Washington Court House
Week 7: Miami Trace
Week 8: Hillsboro
Week 9: AT Greenfield-McClain
Week 10: AT Chillicothe

I think the series with Fairfield Union is a two year deal, so I don't know if that will be renewed after next season.

We play Western Brown for two more seasons since that is a four year contract.

I have heard that the Gallia Academy game may not continue after 2018, and the same for Wellston, but we've heard that before. Logan will be the Week 3 opponent in 2019, so that supports the idea that the Gallia Academy game won't continue after 2018.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

So last few years Jackson has been pretty much one dimensional. Think there's every a time where they'll broaden their horizons and open up the offense?? With all the different styles and formations out there surely a team of Jackson's size can become more multi-dimensional, and incorporate more of the offenses we are seeing now. Until they do that I just don't see them as a team who can be a force in the playoffs, it works in the playoffs and will win you a league championship but at one point would people like to see little more?? Very curious what the Jackson faithful thoughts are on this.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 pm So last few years Jackson has been pretty much one dimensional. Think there's every a time where they'll broaden their horizons and open up the offense?? With all the different styles and formations out there surely a team of Jackson's size can become more multi-dimensional, and incorporate more of the offenses we are seeing now. Until they do that I just don't see them as a team who can be a force in the playoffs, it works in the playoffs and will win you a league championship but at one point would people like to see little more?? Very curious what the Jackson faithful thoughts are on this.
Doesn't matter what you don on offense - you have to do it all at an elite level the later you go in the playoffs.

Bishop Hartley doesn't throw. Johnstown rarely throws.

Hilliard Davidson won a pair of DI state titles without many D1 scholarship players and throwing less than 15 passes a season.

Whether your run, pass, or try to be balanced - if you don't do it at an elite level you'll get exposed in later rounds of the playoffs.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 pm So last few years Jackson has been pretty much one dimensional. Think there's every a time where they'll broaden their horizons and open up the offense?? With all the different styles and formations out there surely a team of Jackson's size can become more multi-dimensional, and incorporate more of the offenses we are seeing now. Until they do that I just don't see them as a team who can be a force in the playoffs, it works in the playoffs and will win you a league championship but at one point would people like to see little more?? Very curious what the Jackson faithful thoughts are on this.

Jackson trew the football more in 2016 than they have in a long time. They actually may have set the single season record last year for TD passes. In 2017 they had a young qb who was up and down as a passer . Jackson Ironmen football will always be smash mouth run game and hard nosed aggressive defense . It's their identity and it works for them. However I do understand when people talk about mixing more throws in the gameplan . Especially passes off the ball fakes. As far as playoff success. D3 isn't like D5 or D6. Most the teams in Jacksons region are monsters and Jackson will be underdogs most f the time in postseason.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am

Jackson trew the football more in 2016 than they have in a long time. They actually may have set the single season record last year for TD passes. In 2017 they had a young qb who was up and down as a passer . Jackson Ironmen football will always be smash mouth run game and hard nosed aggressive defense . It's their identity and it works for them. However I do understand when people talk about mixing more throws in the gameplan . Especially passes off the ball fakes. As far as playoff success. D3 isn't like D5 or D6. Most the teams in Jacksons region are monsters and Jackson will be underdogs most f the time in postseason.
You are exactly right, Jackson is I a region and division that will always find themselves up against the wall. That's why I always wonder why don't they open it up?? Being in a larger division and once you start going forward in the playoffs to think you can just line up and go toe to toe with larger schools that have a bigger draw and larger teams just doesn't work. I think it's been proven for Jackson it hasn't worked and giving teams multi-formations to game plan for and other things to worry about other then just stacking the box. With that game plan you have to play the perfect game, zero turnovers, no negative plays, I mean look a this season alone when Jackson has gotten down by 2 scores the game was over. The opposing team wants you to take 12-15 play drives and kill the clock, at some point you have to develop some type of quick strike. Jackson faces a 4th and 4-7 yard range it's an issue.

Return to “Football”