2018 Jackson Ironmen Football Outlook

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Jackson Ironmen Football Outlook

Post by WellstonLover »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:31 pm
WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm I’m curious, how is it that kids can go play for another district (one in which they do not live), use an address that they do not live at to get approved by the ohsaa for the transfer and yet not have to take a penalty for it? This is a serious question btw. I wonder if coach hall will sit spires for the second half and playoffs this year just to be safe because we all know what happened to Ny when they got dinged a few years back. Forfeits are never fun. Oh well, either way, good luck to the university of Jackson this year. Well except for week 1 anyway.
Our A.D. will make sure things are legal all the way around. There are a lot of rules and stipulations to follow....they will be followed.

Just like in the past. Lol

Let me rephrase that. Just like when a boy that lived in Hamden and tranferred to Wellston and then to Jackson while still living in Hamden but sat out zero games? Lol I’m sure everything will be legal on paper though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:31 pm
WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm I’m curious, how is it that kids can go play for another district (one in which they do not live), use an address that they do not live at to get approved by the ohsaa for the transfer and yet not have to take a penalty for it? This is a serious question btw. I wonder if coach hall will sit spires for the second half and playoffs this year just to be safe because we all know what happened to Ny when they got dinged a few years back. Forfeits are never fun. Oh well, either way, good luck to the university of Jackson this year. Well except for week 1 anyway.
Our A.D. will make sure things are legal all the way around. There are a lot of rules and stipulations to follow....they will be followed.

Just like in the past. Lol
Man, I don’t know. Pat Stevens WILL follow the rules and protocol. I’m not sure of the rules myself. In my head to play for Jackson football this fall they must be living in Jackson school District this fall. I’m probably wrong, not my area. It’s much stricter than back when you are speaking of. I don’t know where people currently live but I do believe if a transfer has to be physically living in our district then they will be and it will be randomly checked upon.

If I’m proven to be wrong I’ll be back on here to admit.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

From reading the accounts above sounds like some "athlete" type kids moving into the program from MS-HS, that will help. My perception of the Ironmen are that they are "bangers", sort of the Michigan State type of team that is always fundamentally physical but not necessarily blessed with a lot of playmakers to go along with that physicality. And I mean no disrespect or cast any dispersions, clearly they have good players just trying to make a general point about the "type" of team they always seem to have. Heavy run offense and physical defense. The addition, if the descriptions are true, of some younger and older athlete type kids moving in should help them round out and be more balanced. Just my opinion.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Abe you are correct.....There is quite a few younger kids coming up that are pure athletes....big, fast, strong , quick feet, catch the ball , smart, and physical......three were mentioned but there's a few more that will contribute to this team in the coming years that will have a threat at every position in the years to come......should be fun to watch these kids mold into a contender

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds like Yates has been cleared.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yates has enrolled. Welcome to Jackson

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Nothin like putin on the red n white under the lights of Friday night!! welcome to the tradition

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Yes, welcome to the tradition. Just wait until he plays in front of some Jackson parents kid. I have been here forever, and some of these people have spent money, time, gas, eating out, just so their kid could be an Ironman and now one just moves in, for one year? This ain't going to go over well.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Solomon wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 am Yes, welcome to the tradition. Just wait until he plays in front of some Jackson parents kid. I have been here forever, and some of these people have spent money, time, gas, eating out, just so their kid could be an Ironman and now one just moves in, for one year? This ain't going to go over well.
Why don't they just cry a river then? "Boohoo my little Johnny aint no good but we ate out after the games so he should start..." Well the coach wants to win so he'll play whoever can help his team win. And that's a fact of life mommy. Get over it or move little John boy to VC. :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

There will be no division on the Ironmen. There are 22 positions on a football team , not to mention special teams and subs . If a kid has put in the work in the off season and the summer months he will have a role on the team. Still a lot of work to do before week 1 vs wellston . That is the only focus right now

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

nice post

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I don't always agree with Solomon says. I believe that it would not be intellectually honest to totally dismiss what he/she said. He/She raises a good point, what is or what will be the dynamic of the team with the inclusion of several players and one for only one year? I am sure that kids may embrace the young man, however, parents may be a differing story. And what is said behind closed doors and is whispered in back alleys or over weekly family dinners who is to say.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

It’s Ironmen football and getting close to the start of the season. The talk is about winning!!! If a player will help us win then that player will play. That’s how coaches win !!! PLAY THE BEST SIT THE REST. It’s called competition and you reward the winners.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

When Jackson has been very good, they’ve been able to play 18-22 guys on offense and defense (not including special teams). If Jackson had 20 good football players that would’ve played, before the transfers, they’ll play 22 now. That’s how great football works.
I don’t see Little Johnny losing his spot to transfers, but I do foresee Johnny losing his spot to a youngster. Maybe worry more about that. I personally don’t think Jackson is extremely deep even with adding 2 transfers. I think they’re still going to have to play some young talent.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Catchup13 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 pm When Jackson has been very good, they’ve been able to play 18-22 guys on offense and defense (not including special teams). If Jackson had 20 good football players that would’ve played, before the transfers, they’ll play 22 now. That’s how great football works.
I don’t see Little Johnny losing his spot to transfers, but I do foresee Johnny losing his spot to a youngster. Maybe worry more about that. I personally don’t think Jackson is extremely deep even with adding 2 transfers. I think they’re still going to have to play some young talent.

I don't totally Disagree with the depth. The junior and senior classes have lost a lot of talent over the years with kids not playing anymore . I do think Jackson defense will be top shelf with some good backups . The O line will be thin and a working progress. If the incoming freshmen can help then let em play like Ironmen44 said Jackson football is about winning football games.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wont be long now

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Should be one of the more experienced teams in a while. A lot of seniors and juniors and a few sophomores will see some action.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

they'll be ready to play.....the sound of pads poppin are off in the near distance

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

The answer is consolidation

Bring in that beef from wellston and the skill from oak hill to complement the superior intellect of the Ironman student body and you will see our county crank out multiple state titles

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 pm The answer is consolidation

Bring in that beef from wellston and the skill from oak hill to complement the superior intellect of the Ironman student body and you will see our county crank out multiple state titles
Wellston has beef?

Makes me think of that old Wendy’s commercial.

Return to “Football”