2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

noles_fan
S

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by noles_fan »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 am
noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 am I have seen both teams in person, with both playing the same team. This is my opinion on this game.

Defense:
D-line - JM Their front 4 are quick with possibly the fastest DE I've seen this year.
LB - Burg Their LB are fast and fill the holes right now leaving little room to run.
DB - Push We didn't throw enough against JM to get a good comparison.

Offense:
O-line - Push JM is a little bigger with Burg being a little quicker. West D-line got a push against both.
RB - JM JM pretty much run at will against West rather it be good backs or poor tackling. Their backs have good speed and run hard and always seem
to fall foward. Granted I didn't get to see Reyes play due to injury.
WR - Burg Since JM didnt attempt a pass all night this was a pretty easy one.
QB - Burg Salyers can sling it all over the field when given time. JM's QB is a runner I believe he is the second leading rusher on the team.

Special Teams:
Hands down Burg has the better kicker. JM kicker was awful deepest kickoff was to the 35.

This game will come down to can Burgs O-line give Salyers time to throw. If they can burg wins by 14. If JM can force Burg into having to run the ball the jojnies win by fewer than 7. This will be a hard fought game between to well coached teams.
Seem like West Kicker was punting the ball out of bounds all night
Jtown has 3 RBs one that has over 2,000 yards and 2 that have 1,700 yards , Qb has 1,200
To beat jtown you have to stop the run
It’s that easy or is it ?
Wheelersburg has a very good run defense. D-line occupy blockers allowing LB's to play down hill and make plays.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 pm
noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 am I have seen both teams in person, with both playing the same team. This is my opinion on this game.

Defense:
D-line - JM Their front 4 are quick with possibly the fastest DE I've seen this year.
LB - Burg Their LB are fast and fill the holes right now leaving little room to run.
DB - Push We didn't throw enough against JM to get a good comparison.

Offense:
O-line - Push JM is a little bigger with Burg being a little quicker. West D-line got a push against both.
RB - JM JM pretty much run at will against West rather it be good backs or poor tackling. Their backs have good speed and run hard and always seem
to fall foward. Granted I didn't get to see Reyes play due to injury.
WR - Burg Since JM didnt attempt a pass all night this was a pretty easy one.
QB - Burg Salyers can sling it all over the field when given time. JM's QB is a runner I believe he is the second leading rusher on the team.

Special Teams:
Hands down Burg has the better kicker. JM kicker was awful deepest kickoff was to the 35.

This game will come down to can Burgs O-line give Salyers time to throw. If they can burg wins by 14. If JM can force Burg into having to run the ball the jojnies win by fewer than 7. This will be a hard fought game between to well coached teams.
Jtown has 3 RBs one that has over 2,000 yards and 2 that have 1,700 yards , Qb has 1,200
Wheelersburg has a very good run defense. D-line occupy blockers allowing LB's to play down hill and make plays.
Our LB’s and Safeties fly to the ball and hit like ton of bricks! Something I did not see much of out of West against JM, but then again there's no comparison between us and West at these positions or any positions for that matter. (No disrespect)

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Our LB’s and Safeties fly to the ball and hit like ton of bricks! Something I did not see much of out of West against JM, but then again there's no comparison between us and West at these positions or any positions for that matter. (No disrespect)
For the record when someone says "no disrespect" they clearly intended to show disrespect. I guess thats what I get for trying to give burg credit.

eddiedean703
Waterboy

Post by eddiedean703 »

If Academy was without a doubt the 2nd best team in region 19 what is the argument here then...27-14 J.Monroe

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

According to Drew Pasteur

Wheelersburg is the best team in Division 5

Johnstown Monroe is the 5th best team in Division 5 and the 2nd best team in Region 19.

He ranks Wheelersburg as #55 in the state regardless of division and Johnstown Monroe #128

He lists Wheelersburg as a 10 point favorite.

Last week he had Burg a 19 point favorite and Johnstown a 6 point Favorite. He was spot on with the Burg--Academy game. Not quite as accurate with the Johnstown-- West outcome.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:20 pm
Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 pm

For the record when someone says "no disrespect" they clearly intended to show disrespect. I guess thats what I get for trying to give burg credit.
:lol: That’s what you would think! The facts are in the film! Anyone who’s watched us can see that. You actually seen it live, So my statement wasn’t disrespectful it was a fact!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

eddiedean703 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 pm If Academy was without a doubt the 2nd best team in region 19 what is the argument here then...27-14 J.Monroe
No real argument. We have just stated facts and some people don’t like it. Well 1 guy doesn’t. No it seems as though we have a 2nd ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm According to Drew Pasteur

Wheelersburg is the best team in Division 5

Johnstown Monroe is the 5th best team in Division 5 and the 2nd best team in Region 19.

He ranks Wheelersburg as #55 in the state regardless of division and Johnstown Monroe #128

He lists Wheelersburg as a 10 point favorite.

Last week he had Burg a 19 point favorite and Johnstown a 6 point Favorite. He was spot on with the Burg--Academy game. Not quite as accurate with the Johnstown-- West outcome.
Of course Monroe is the 2nd best team in the region. There’s only 2 left. Lol. He updates weekly.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

😂 Truth (facts) is stranger than fiction, what they don’t say is all people can handle it!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 pm 😂 Truth (facts) is stranger than fiction, what they don’t say is all people can handle it!
It should be more like. “Facts, less bearable than fiction.”

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:39 pm
Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 pm 😂 Truth (facts) is stranger than fiction, what they don’t say is all people can handle it!
It should be more like. “Facts, less bearable than fiction.”
:lol: YES!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

:roll: JollyPirate.

I know he updates weekly. He still has Anna as the best team in Region 20. He has listed Johnstown Monroe as the 2nd best team in Region 19 for most of the season.
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm JollyPirate.

I know he updates weekly. He still has Anna as the best team in Region 20. He has listed Johnstown Monroe as the 2nd best team in Region 19 for most of the season.
😆. Just trying to stir buddy.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Pasteur's algorithm that he uses has to factor in some common games, and as much as I hate to use that we have quite a few to compare. Heath and Oak Hill doesn't tell you much, West tells you some, but Independence versus JM in Week 2 and Independence versus Jackson in Week 11 tells you more. Both Jackson and JM lost to Independence by about the same amount. Jackson was only down 6-0 well into the 3rd quarter and was without the McCloy kid and several others if you go back and read the Week 11 thread. So based on how we handled Jackson and how Jackson played Independence a lot closer than JM it tells me Independence handled the run of both of them. We of course handled Jackson when they were fully healthy.

I think this is a 17 point type of win for Burg over JM, defensively we are stout. I will say 24-7.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

burg regional champs

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan_guy_74 »

idk about this one! i have no clue who to pick. I will say burg hasnt faced a O D line or running game like this yet. period. but idk if jtown can stop burgs passing. Who knows definitely should be close
Jtown- 21
Burg-17

college1
Waterboy

Post by college1 »

Where is game being played?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

college1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am Where is game being played?
Chillicothe

UKblue4ever1968
Waterboy

Post by UKblue4ever1968 »

BURG by 10 or less

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

That's the running game that has been missing all year. They were keeping it in their pocket! Glad to see lightning back at full strength. Friday's win goes to the defense however. Last year's Coshocton team was one dimensional also. The Pirate coaching staff is very good at fixing things year to year and I look for a one dimensional Johnstown to see a much improved defense from the one that Coshocton saw last year.
Pirates motto this week: 'Have some fun and stop the run'. :lol:
Here's hoping there's a different officiating crew working the game this week. :?
Keep it rolling Pirates.

Return to “Football”