2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: 2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

Post by bleed_blue »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:43 pm I am one of Burgs biggest fans and I do like how Burg runs out on to the field and I am not taking up for JM by any means and I do like how old school ran in front of their players that was cool but on the other hand if Burg is allowed to run to the 50 yd line then why isnt JM allowed to do the same they just happened to beat Burg there and JM coach was just trying to talk to his players I dont see anything done wrong on either side I loved it ! Thats the kind of stuff that used to go on in the past it was great to see either team not backing down. Maybe that just started an awesome rivalry for years to come ! Congrats to JM on a good season and cant wait til friday to head back to Chilli to cheer on our Pirates GO BURG!
I agree. People say that Johnstown has stretched like this for years and I’m fine with that. Just as Wheelersburg has ran out and crosses the 50 for years. As you said it was great seeing both teams stand their ground and not back down and change their routine they’ve followed for years.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Wburgfan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm
scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:43 pm I am one of Burgs biggest fans and I do like how Burg runs out on to the field and I am not taking up for JM by any means and I do like how old school ran in front of their players that was cool but on the other hand if Burg is allowed to run to the 50 yd line then why isnt JM allowed to do the same they just happened to beat Burg there and JM coach was just trying to talk to his players I dont see anything done wrong on either side I loved it ! Thats the kind of stuff that used to go on in the past it was great to see either team not backing down. Maybe that just started an awesome rivalry for years to come ! Congrats to JM on a good season and cant wait til friday to head back to Chilli to cheer on our Pirates GO BURG!
It’s not the fact of running across the 50 to begin your warmups, it’s actually staying on the 50 for the warmups. Wheelersburg has always run down the 50 with captains coming back and starting at the 45. What is interesting the in picture is there is 10 yards between the first and second line of JM. I wonder what it was behind them. If it was 5 yards then my guess is JM deliberately move to the 50 as an intimidation act of their own but it didn’t work.
I too thought it was odd to have 5 yards between everyone and then suddenly there’s a 10 yard gap between the captains and rest of the team. I think both acts were both teams trying to play mind games before the game. It was the old proverbial marking a line in the sand daring you to cross it. Johnstown marked the line and Wheelersburg showed they weren’t scared to cross it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Wburgfan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 pm
55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm All you have to do is be on the other side of the line some players are obviously back farther than others, but doesn't give burg right to run on the other side of the 50, they don't have to cross at the 50 nor does Johnstown have to stand on the 50, but in this case when two teams plan to be at the 50 at the same time something like this was bound to happen. The coach from Johnstown did not put hands on any player from burg from my view he was standing there trying to redirect traffic and burg players were running into him. You can look at it from a burg vantage point and your opinion, but the jtown coach actually stayed calm and tried to get kids to move to the other side of the 50 in my opinion. There was some fan from burg yelling from the stands which was just another example of disrespect. Johnstown and burg will most likely match up again next year, should be a great game. Can't wait

After watching the video, as you can clearly see that their coach was putting his hands and shouldering the kids ... Not acceptable !!!!! :o
Where is the video?
https://youtu.be/HkNFZRggGko

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 am He was knocked off balance by burg players never lowered his shoulder... stay calm and admit when you are wrong 👌🏻

You are something else, you were wrong about your Johnnies being on the 50 instead of the 49 , and did not admit you were wrong.. Integrity money does not buy my man.... I have no problem that they Johnnies stayed on the 50 and I had no problem for Burg running on the Johnnie side of 50.....

The Problem is that their coach most certainly laid hands on the kids and should not have... He is the adult or is suppose to be...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Wait--- there's a multi page discussion about the fact that Johnstown players dared stand on the 50 and then the Burg kids had the audacity to run across the field in front of them ? Like on the whole other 48?

Oh my. This is outrageous!!

Has anyone written the OHSAA? I'm sure they would do a thorough investigation.

Wait--- there's no investigation needed because.....

Cmon guys.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I never said I wasn't wrong about them standing on or near the 50 I mean the 49 is pretty close to the 50 after all give or take a foot, but the burg players could have easily have run in between the 49 and the 50 after all and there would never had been an issue. The coach did nothing to "hurt" or "restrain" any player. They ran into his space where he was walking and he tried to direct them, simple as that. Bottom line is looks bad for Burg, which the people responding in this thread would never admit because they are from the Burg. I see nothing in the video that warrants even questioning the coach from Jtown. Like I said if anyone needs a "talking to" it would be the Burg coaches and players for allowing them to "cross the line" lol. I'm not livid they ran on that side, just said I didn't agree with it. Jtown standing on and near the 50 not a questionable decision as they did not try to show up the Burg. Burg players (or coaches) deciding to run through the Johnnies players is not the worst thing in the world, but definitely questionable. The Johnstown coach would never had to try to redirect your players if the coaches that were out there would have corrected it. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Go get them this week Pirates with the right attitude you have what it takes to win it all.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 pm I never said I wasn't wrong about them standing on or near the 50 I mean the 49 is pretty close to the 50 after all give or take a foot, but the burg players could have easily have run in between the 49 and the 50 after all and there would never had been an issue. The coach did nothing to "hurt" or "restrain" any player. They ran into his space where he was walking and he tried to direct them, simple as that. Bottom line is looks bad for Burg, which the people responding in this thread would never admit because they are from the Burg. I see nothing in the video that warrants even questioning the coach from Jtown. Like I said if anyone needs a "talking to" it would be the Burg coaches and players for allowing them to "cross the line" lol. I'm not livid they ran on that side, just said I didn't agree with it. Jtown standing on and near the 50 not a questionable decision as they did not try to show up the Burg. Burg players (or coaches) deciding to run through the Johnnies players is not the worst thing in the world, but definitely questionable. The Johnstown coach would never had to try to redirect your players if the coaches that were out there would have corrected it. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Go get them this week Pirates with the right attitude you have what it takes to win it all.
You must always get punked if that is your outlook. 😂. Anyways, this whole thing is retarded. There was intent from both sides. The only thing that matters in the end is what the scoreboard says. Go watch the round ball bounce. Get outta here. Nobody cares about Monroe right now.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

[quote=55buckeyes98 post_id=1613496 time=1511234894 user_id=1098]
I never said I wasn't wrong about them standing on or near the 50 I mean the 49 is pretty close to the 50 after all give or take a foot, but the burg players could have easily have run in between the 49 and the 50 after all and there would never had been an issue. The coach did nothing to "hurt" or "restrain" any player. They ran into his space where he was walking and he tried to direct them, simple as that. Bottom line is looks bad for Burg, which the people responding in this thread would never admit because they are from the Burg. I see nothing in the video that warrants even questioning the coach from Jtown. Like I said if anyone needs a "talking to" it would be the Burg coaches and players for allowing them to "cross the line" lol. I'm not livid they ran on that side, just said I didn't agree with it. Jtown standing on and near the 50 not a questionable decision as they did not try to show up the Burg. Burg players (or coaches) deciding to run through the Johnnies players is not the worst thing in the world, but definitely questionable. The Johnstown coach would never had to try to redirect your players if the coaches that were out there would have corrected it. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Go get them this week Pirates with the right attitude you have what it takes to win it all.
[/quote]

Let me ask you this, did JM do that all year, stand on the 50 during warmups??

If they didn’t than it was a punk move on them and they were just trying to start crap.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

A yard is 3 ft... not a foot or so... obviously. A lie is a lie and a truth is a truth, grass is green, Burg won and johnnies lost.. is there any other obvious things I need to help ya with honey?? If so let me know!! It’s what I do!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

The ball is a foot long at most so if it's between the 50 and the 49 what yard line is it on? Johnstown has stood on or near the 50 for 16 years since Carter took over in 2002.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

obviously you are a politician or a lawyer lol if they’ve been on the 50 for decades why did you post they were on the 49? Make up your mind man, or.. I have a suggestion... just state the truth!! Then you won’t look like an ass every post! Have a great day

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

We are talking about a difference of 3 feet, kids are moving around I'm not looking exactly where their feet are. Maybe when you took the pic they were on the 50, but not all of them are exactly on, in front of the 50 etc. I think in this scenario there really is no difference between the 49 and the 50. When players got down on the ground to stretch I doubt they moved onto the Burgs 49. Jtown was there Burg could have had respect and ran on their part of the field, they didn't now we have to keep reteaching you all that it makes you look like you don't have class and respect for the game, which I don't think is the case and that this was a one time deal I hope. But for burg fans to continue to put this on anyone but themselves shows the true colors. I'll give the players credit it took a lot of guts to do it and it's not the worst thing they could have done, but that doesn't make it right.
(I'll quit beating the dead horse now) maybe unless you provoke me more... I don't get why I can't have my opinion and thought without some of you making it personal. To say that because I said the 49 instead of the 50 does not make it a lie it was what I thought. I watched the video, I see where they are standing ok thanks for the video/picture. I watch the video, see no Jtown coach "lower a shoulder" do I call anyone a liar? No I just say my opinion was I did not see anything as such. I understand there is going to be Burg Bias on here, but come on, ya'lls funny. I enjoy talking football with you guys, but it's ok if your team made a mistake, they can be forgiven, it's over now.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Videos don’t lie, it is what it is, I personally have no problem with what both teams and J-town coach did. J-town tried to intimidate a bit, Burg tried to intimidate back. The coach didn’t hurt those kids and prolly came out worse for wear in that gauntlet. Both sides to me are making a mountain out of a molehill. But that’s my OPINION. In no way, shape or form do I take anything on here personal lol. I just call it like I see it. You’ve presented some of your opinions as facts... then backpeddled and changed it up when it was shown to be false. If you feel provoked then that also proves my point. If what you say is true then anything posted against it shouldn’t bother you. I believe neither team was wrong with their actions. Just boys playing football mentally and physically. So why not be men about it and stop whining over who has more blame in a situation that matters not at all?? P.s..... if the Johnnies were on the 49 yard line then I believe Burg would of ran down the 50 then went into warmup formation without any 2nd thoughts about it. But obviously that’s my opinion and not a fact.

Return to “Football”