2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Hats off to burg on a well executed game. Just because Johnstown didn’t do what we hoped didn’t mean they couldn’t. Burg obviously came out and did what they needed, get a lead and make the johnnies get to 2nd and 3rd and long. I think burg played well and give them credit for forcing jtown to be uncomfortable. However, I think Johnstown is better than they played tonight and better than Jackson and academy, obviously but showed in the first half they are a state championship caliber team. Hope burg wins it all, but the way Johnstown played tonight is going to sting for a while.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm

So, I think the Jackson comparison was right on the money. 😆
Yeah I nailed it with that one, although he did say that Jackson was no comparison he was kind of right. Jackson gave burg a better game with score being 21-14 at half. I tried explaining to him teams that have to rely on the run have to play a perfect game against Burg, no turnovers, penalties and very few negative plays in order to keep the chains moving. Only way I thought it would be close was through turnovers. Johnnies you could see going into it wasn't able to stop the pass. Congrats to Johnnies on a quality season but can't be one dimensional this late in the playoffs. A HUGE congrats to Burg on their regional championship. Now go REPRESENT.
I dont think you were the one to make the comparison. But go ahead and toot your horn ole buddy. No pole bolting over mouse turds.

#goburg #reachhigher
I’ll go ahead and correct myself. I went back and read earlier posts.

Toot away. 😂

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I don’t think Johnstown played bad. Burg was just better at every position. Burgs line dominated both sides of the ball and our skills guys were just flat out more athletic. Hats off to Johnstown on a good season!! Congratulations burg on the regional championship! That’s one goal down! Keep hustling and #REACHHIGHER!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Very impressive performance tonight by the Pirates, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They just dominated the line of scrimmage and held a team averaging around 300 yards rushing a game to 158 rushing. Anyone know if #5 hit 100 yards? Offense was clicking the first half too. Played almost penalty free for the night too. Great job Pirates!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 pm Very impressive performance tonight by the Pirates, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They just dominated the line of scrimmage and held a team averaging around 300 yards rushing a game to 158 rushing. Anyone know if #5 hit 100 yards? Offense was clicking the first half too. Played almost penalty free for the night too. Great job Pirates!!
I believe the radio said something like he had 15 carries for 124 yards. I think they said around 80 were on the 2 long runs he had.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

14svt wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm
14svt wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:28 pm I thought this team was supposed to be good. Running clock in second half for Burg. They are way to one dimensional and the Burg is stuffing that running game.
We are stopping your run
Only screen passes
Your QB took a big hit to the chest Is that why they called time out
One of your fans called you
“River rats “
Those "river rats" just kicked your ass and sent you into basketball season. Our QB is fine and we actually ran the ball about as much as we normally do so you really didn't "stop the run". Our "screen passes" are a very effective offense, as you just witnessed, that shredded your so called impeccable defense.

Great season by your team.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

bleed_blue wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:57 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 pm Very impressive performance tonight by the Pirates, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They just dominated the line of scrimmage and held a team averaging around 300 yards rushing a game to 158 rushing. Anyone know if #5 hit 100 yards? Offense was clicking the first half too. Played almost penalty free for the night too. Great job Pirates!!
I believe the radio said something like he had 15 carries for 124 yards. I think they said around 80 were on the 2 long runs he had.
Thanks. I figured he was over with those two long runs.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The best thing tonight about the Johnston-Monroe program was their band.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

14 svt you knew this was coming, but I will give you credit for the band. They were awesome! Could listen to the big red machine all day long!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 am The best thing tonight about the Johnston-Monroe program was their band.
I concur.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great job Burg!!! Very impressive tonight. Complete domination on both sides of the ball. I predicted 35-14 with JM scoring late to get to 14 but Burg was determined to not give up anymore points

Good luck next week boys!!! #Reachhigher

On a side note, WTH was up with JM standing on the 50 during warmups??? I know it is just common courtesy to not stand on the 50 but its something you just don't do and I think all it did was fire the Burg up more. Also, WTH was up with the JM coach actually grabbing kids and trying to push them behind the JM players. Then when Coach Woodward confronted the JM coach, some words were exchanged and then there coach hugged Coach Woodward??? WTH?????? Pretty punk move of JM's part and I think it bit them in the arse

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm

So, I think the Jackson comparison was right on the money. 😆
Yeah I nailed it with that one, although he did say that Jackson was no comparison he was kind of right. Jackson gave burg a better game with score being 21-14 at half. I tried explaining to him teams that have to rely on the run have to play a perfect game against Burg, no turnovers, penalties and very few negative plays in order to keep the chains moving. Only way I thought it would be close was through turnovers. Johnnies you could see going into it wasn't able to stop the pass. Congrats to Johnnies on a quality season but can't be one dimensional this late in the playoffs. A HUGE congrats to Burg on their regional championship. Now go REPRESENT.
I dont think you were the one to make the comparison. But go ahead and toot your horn ole buddy. No pole bolting over mouse turds.

#goburg #reachhigher
LOL, dude I mentioned Jackson several times in my post and Burg playing this style a few times already in Jackson, West and Oak Hill to a point. If you want to say I didn't make any comparison like that at least go back man. No big deal, you go ahead and toot your horn ole buddy you guys are on to the State Semifinals. Good Luck and as I said REPRESENT.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 am

#goburg #reachhigher
LOL, dude I mentioned Jackson several times in my post and Burg playing this style a few times already in Jackson, West and Oak Hill to a point. If you want to say I didn't make any comparison like that at least go back man. No big deal, you go ahead and toot your horn ole buddy you guys are on to the State Semifinals. Good Luck and as I said REPRESENT.
I’m sure you have seen my other post by now. Lmao. I corrected myself. I can admit a mistake. Lol. Sorry again.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:19 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 am

#goburg #reachhigher
I’m sure you have seen my other post by now. Lmao. I corrected myself. I can admit a mistake. Lol. Sorry again.
Yeah it's all good ;)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES ON ANOTHER DOMINATING PLAYOFF PREFORMANCE AND WIN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 am
On a side note, WTH was up with JM standing on the 50 during warmups??? I know it is just common courtesy to not stand on the 50 but its something you just don't do and I think all it did was fire the Burg up more. Also, WTH was up with the JM coach actually grabbing kids and trying to push them behind the JM players. Then when Coach Woodward confronted the JM coach, some words were exchanged and then there coach hugged Coach Woodward??? WTH?????? Pretty punk move of JM's part and I think it bit them in the arse
Johnstown has always put their players on the 49 to stretch this is not uncommon by many teams. It's an unwritten rule for teams to stay on their own side of the 50. When the Wheelersburg players were running out like they probably always run across the 50 they decided to run on the 48 on Johnstown's side of the field. Obviously from what I saw the Jtown coach was saying please stay on your side of the 50 and kids where running into him and a player told us that when he said something to #32 to stay on their side of the 50 he actually said no way. Eventually the younger players had enough respect for the Jtown coach and started running on their side of the field. Coach Carter actually coached your head coach in college. That may be why they met at mid field. Seemed like Burg did not have respect and wanted to intimidate Jtown in my opinion.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
Johnstown has always put their players on the 49 to stretch this is not uncommon by many teams. It's an unwritten rule for teams to stay on their own side of the 50. When the Wheelersburg players were running out like they probably always run across the 50 they decided to run on the 48 on Johnstown's side of the field. Obviously from what I saw the Jtown coach was saying please stay on your side of the 50 and kids where running into him and a player told us that when he said something to #32 to stay on their side of the 50 he actually said no way. Eventually the younger players had enough respect for the Jtown coach and started running on their side of the field. Coach Carter actually coached your head coach in college. That may be why they met at mid field. Seemed like Burg did not have respect and wanted to intimidate Jtown in my opinion.
Lmao. Like anybody is going to tell Old School what to do. I don’t think they needed to intimidate before the game. They did that on the first snap, and the second, and....... Well I think you got the point. Dahm #60 took on that big left guard 3 yards off the ball and planted him about a yard behind the LOS. The next time he came to block Dahm, he didn’t engage him. He just simply put his hand out and tried to push him. This team will intimidate with their play. They don’t need an extra boost.

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

Looks like they are on the 50 to me. Not the 49
FA24C053-14C5-4E01-909B-492DE73AE1A0.png

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

vincent_chase wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:24 am
Looks like they are on the 50 to me. Not the 49

FA24C053-14C5-4E01-909B-492DE73AE1A0.png
Doesn’t look like the 49 to me

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

They were on the 50, it should not have been, their coach was putting his hands on the Burg players and was pushing them with his shoulders , not acceptable at all...... This is on video and will be reported... Unreal

Return to “Football”