The Burgfan.com experience

laser breath
Varsity

The Burgfan.com experience

Post by laser breath »

I think it’s about time to clarify what this is about. But first, it’s real simple, don’t like it, turn it off.

1. They are NOT affiliated with the school district.

2.They are biased. They only care about calling out the burg’s players. They are going to say what fans may say in the stands, officials are bad, team is not better than us, etc.

3. They like to rile people up telling them that no team on their schedule can touch them, that their players are phenomenal, etc. It’s to get people going and that it does.

4. The podcast is meant to be funny and entertaining, not to bore you with three thousand commercials and other time fillers.

Again, don’t click on it or if you accidentally do, turn it off if you don’t like it. But it’s hard to complain about them, when you sit there and listen. There are plenty of other avenues to listen to the game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: The Burgfan.com experience

Post by Mad-Dogg »

^^^^

Well said

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I thoroughly enjoy them. I would rather listen to them than regular radio game announcers.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I only liked listening to them once. The year was 2014, lol.

Lol, they are a good time. My wife dropped me off at the Chilli game last night and went shopping. She said she ran into a lady at Kohls listening to it, so she did too to see how much time was left in order to pick me up. She picks me up and said have you ever listened to this thing called BurgFan? She said whoa they are different. I had to laugh.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They are entertaining.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 am I only liked listening to them once. The year was 2014, lol.

Lol, they are a good time. My wife dropped me off at the Chilli game last night and went shopping. She said she ran into a lady at Kohls listening to it, so she did too to see how much time was left in order to pick me up. She picks me up and said have you ever listened to this thing called BurgFan? She said whoa they are different. I had to laugh.
Most people don’t understand that it’s more of a spoof on the common fan. Those guys don’t care about the refs or teams they are playing but if you listen they cleverly make it like they are fans at the game. When I picture it,I think of those two red neck fans from water boy.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 am I only liked listening to them once. The year was 2014, lol.

That’s hilarious.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

laser breath wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:24 am

Most people don’t understand that it’s more of a spoof on the common fan. Those guys don’t care about the refs or teams they are playing but if you listen they cleverly make it like they are fans at the game. When I picture it,I think of those two red neck fans from water boy.
Now I’m waiting for a Joe Montainya sound bite. Lol. Make it happen Burgfan.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'll have to check that out sometime.
I got thick skin n big shoulders.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

laser breath wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:05 am I think it’s about time to clarify what this is about. But first, it’s real simple, don’t like it, turn it off.

2.They are biased. They only care about calling out the burg’s players. They are going to say what fans may say in the stands, officials are bad, team is not better than us, etc.

3. They like to rile people up telling them that no team on their schedule can touch them, that their players are phenomenal, etc. It’s to get people going and that it does.

4. The podcast is meant to be funny and entertaining, not to bore you with three thousand commercials and other time fillers.

Again, don’t click on it or if you accidentally do, turn it off if you don’t like it. But it’s hard to complain about them, when you sit there and listen. There are plenty of other avenues to listen to the game.
How the announcers degrade all of the other schools around Wheelersburg is basically how people in central Ohio view Wheelersburg, a school that beats up the little sisters of the poor and then gets rolled when they actually play someone good. So it's kind of amusing to hear the different perspectives.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Well it's grown men making fun of kids. Too me that is a little Crazy. What would be great is if other schools banned them from broadcasting at their stadiums. (Which I hope will happen) Keep thumping your chest and acting like it's fine. But calling out players, families, and communities is Wrong in my opinion.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:49 pm Well it's grown men making fun of kids. Too me that is a little Crazy. What would be great is if other schools banned them from broadcasting at their stadiums. (Which I hope will happen) Keep thumping your chest and acting like it's fine. But calling out players, families, and communities is Wrong in my opinion.
Again, you don’t have to tune in. Just saying. I don’t recall one time this year where they called out a player or family. One of the guys called the league a $h:t league but would it make you feel better if he said it was a weak league? Would that make you toasty and feel good inside?

But once again, just don’t click on the link.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

"THUMP" "THUMP" "THUMP"

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 pm "THUMP" "THUMP" "THUMP"
It’s the x in the top right corner.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

It is called burgfan.com. What do you expect to hear? As for the game last night, they were giving due credit to Academy for their first half success.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:49 pm Well it's grown men making fun of kids. Too me that is a little Crazy. What would be great is if other schools banned them from broadcasting at their stadiums. (Which I hope will happen) Keep thumping your chest and acting like it's fine. But calling out players, families, and communities is Wrong in my opinion.
Some coaches belittle kids all the time .

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

laser breath wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:05 am I think it’s about time to clarify what this is about. But first, it’s real simple, don’t like it, turn it off.

In other words they are about everything that high school sports is NOT supposed to be about. Have heard them a couple of times, and they are bad! What they stand for is bad.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Amen!!!! Grow up

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

laser breath wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:32 pm One of the guys called the league a $h:t league but would it make you feel better if he said it was a weak league? Would that make you toasty and feel good inside?
Interesting that they have the same opinion on the SOC II that the rest of Ohio does.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

laser breath wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:32 pm
Again, you don’t have to tune in. Just saying. I don’t recall one time this year where they called out a player or family. One of the guys called the league a $h:t league but would it make you feel better if he said it was a weak league? Would that make you toasty and feel good inside?

But once again, just don’t click on the link.
Of course not. They would have complained about that as well. But look fellas. It all comes down to one thing. If you are NOT a BURG fan, then this is probably NOT for YOU.

Return to “Football”