SEOPS Hippo

Re: River v Danville

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Go back and watch the tape.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

OvGuy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am Most outside the valley think Danville will roll but that's why you play the game still. River doesn't miss a beat here again

River 44
Danville 35
I suppose anything can happen, but I would be shocked if River put up 44 on Danville. I believe the most points Danville gave up all season was 26 to Div 4 playoff team Highland. And that was reallly a 2 score game until late when Danville went into desperation mode and gave up the ball with a short field. They also gave up 34 to Div 6 playoff team Northmor, but scored 41 of their own in an unusual shootout game. Thru 12 games Danville defense gives up about 12 points per game. Offensively Danville averages just over 33 per game.

River defense allowed an average of 28 points a game, while their offense scored 33 average, same as Danville. Through the regular season River's signature win was a comeback thriller against Div 7 playoff team Lucas. Certainly their most impressive win was outlasting Harvest Prep in week 11 shootout...which is the recipe for beating HP it seems. The Piliots are trending in a good direction for sure.

These two have played once before in 2012 with Danville winning 30-6 in a week 11 home playoff matchup. What does all this mean? I dunno.... It's worth about as much as a the subscription fee for this forum...lol. Just my spin on what has happened. Sounds like it should be a good game though.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

River's offense is firing on all cylinders right now I don't see anyone slowing them down at this rate. They've scored 85 points in the last two first halfs. To think that really anyone can slow them down at this point I can't see it. I was at the game in 2012 and it was actually much closer than that score appears River turned the ball over twice late in the game in their own territory to make it appear that way but 5 years ago means nothing. River will have the best player on the field in Isaly so it's hard to be against him.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

OICU812 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm
OvGuy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am Most outside the valley think Danville will roll but that's why you play the game still. River doesn't miss a beat here again

River 44
Danville 35
I suppose anything can happen, but I would be shocked if River put up 44 on Danville. I believe the most points Danville gave up all season was 26 to Div 4 playoff team Highland. And that was reallly a 2 score game until late when Danville went into desperation mode and gave up the ball with a short field. They also gave up 34 to Div 6 playoff team Northmor, but scored 41 of their own in an unusual shootout game. Thru 12 games Danville defense gives up about 12 points per game. Offensively Danville averages just over 33 per game.

River defense allowed an average of 28 points a game, while their offense scored 33 average, same as Danville. Through the regular season River's signature win was a comeback thriller against Div 7 playoff team Lucas. Certainly their most impressive win was outlasting Harvest Prep in week 11 shootout...which is the recipe for beating HP it seems. The Piliots are trending in a good direction for sure.

These two have played once before in 2012 with Danville winning 30-6 in a week 11 home playoff matchup. What does all this mean? I dunno.... It's worth about as much as a the subscription fee for this forum...lol. Just my spin on what has happened. Sounds like it should be a good game though.
So the most points they’ve given up is 34. Not 26.

No dog in the fight. But just like the facts to be clear.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm Go back and watch the tape.
Again then why wasn't he stopped?

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Looking forward to a great game on Friday night. This will be Danville’s 40th playoff game in school history. They come in with a record of 22-17, and this SR class is 6-3. Danville is 3-4 in the regional finals (2 losses to Shadyside, and 2 losses to NC).

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 am
OICU812 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm

River 44
Danville 35

So the most points they’ve given up is 34. Not 26.

No dog in the fight. But just like the facts to be clear.
That is correct...26 in their only loss, and 34 in a win. I was trying to shed light on the games where they gave up more than 1 or 2 TDs, essentially. River defense has given up 44, 25, 48, 39, 34, 27, & 34 in notable games, for what that's worth...

The combined W/L rocord for both team's oppenents is 75/64, and I would say the caliber of competition each team has played is probably equal. Based on stats I think Danville will get their average or more points offensively. So I think it comes down to River offense versus Danville Defense that will be the difference maker. I think defense determines the outcome here.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

OvGuy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 am River's offense is firing on all cylinders right now I don't see anyone slowing them down at this rate. They've scored 85 points in the last two first halfs. To think that really anyone can slow them down at this point I can't see it. I was at the game in 2012 and it was actually much closer than that score appears River turned the ball over twice late in the game in their own territory to make it appear that way but 5 years ago means nothing. River will have the best player on the field in Isaly so it's hard to be against him.
Not to disrespect to the 2012 River team, but that week 11 game was Danville's second worst performances all year (wk 2 versus ZR was the worst). They were looking ahead to a probable and eventual week 12 revenge rematch with ZR, and week 13 Regional matchup with NC. That Danville/NC game for the regioanl title has to be one of the greatest post-season shootouts ever. Lost 48 to 46 on a controversial 2 pt conversion with ref calling incomplete. I'm still sour about that....always will be. The wierd thing is they both had really good defenses all season....just not against each other....lol NC went on to the state final and lost by 7 to MSML, but probably should have won that game... I would have loved to see Danville play MSML that year.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2012
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... teamID=454

After the 2012 River / Danville game I had to travel down South and left after the game. I stopped at McDs in Newcomerstown and the River team was there too. Pretty funny as some players went thru the drive thru on foot. I took a minute to greet them and congratualate them on a good game and season. They were really upbeat and pleased with the outcome... Good kids and good sportmanship, even in defeat.

powtowner
Waterboy

Post by powtowner »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm Go back and watch the tape.
I noticed it also.... it helped a team beat River during the season.... Trust me it did...

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm If the River QB tips off the direction of the play like he did against prep, I am willing to bet the Danville staff picks it up after a few series.

No disrespect meant, because the kid is talented.

I am betting he did not do this in the 2nd round,or the coaching staff on the other side was not able to pick it up.
This is BS !!! He ran misdirect and some end around so the defense will have to be honest!!!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Oh lord they're trying to compare teams from 5 years ago!?!?!?! SMH!!!

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

To clear a few things up, to think that anyone is tipping off the plays is ridiculous. River runs so much motion and misdirection that no one can tell where the ball is going other than sometimes when they line up in their heavy set.

The thought that a game played 5 years ago on a non neutral field is going to have any effect or outcome on this game is just dumb.

The point totals that River has given up are very misleading especially since they were very young at the beginning of the year and 2 freshman have become 2 of the best players on that defense. To think that they were going to be that good early on is idiotic. River is rolling. Take out the two blocked/ muffed punts against Prep that left them with short fields and the starting defense has given up 20 points in 2 playoff games.

Anyone thinking that Isaly is going to be stopped is laughable. He is playing the best ball of his career right now I believe. Really accurate on his throws and against East he put on a show with his athleticism. Watch the highlights on wtov9.com ....that poor safety...

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

OvGuy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am The point totals that River has given up are very misleading especially since they were very young at the beginning of the year and 2 freshman have become 2 of the best players on that defense. To think that they were going to be that good early on is idiotic. River is rolling. Take out the two blocked/ muffed punts against Prep that left them with short fields and the starting defense has given up 20 points in 2 playoff games.
Everybody can play the "take out" game. For example, Danville has given up 5 td's in the last 3 games. "Take Out" the 3 turnovers that resulted in their opponents starting scoring drives inside the danville 20. "Take out" the rosecrans td against the jv's with a 1 minute left and Danville's starting D has given up 1 td in 3 games. :roll:

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

icanpickem wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am
OvGuy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am The point totals that River has given up are very misleading especially since they were very young at the beginning of the year and 2 freshman have become 2 of the best players on that defense. To think that they were going to be that good early on is idiotic. River is rolling. Take out the two blocked/ muffed punts against Prep that left them with short fields and the starting defense has given up 20 points in 2 playoff games.
Everybody can play the "take out" game. For example, Danville has given up 5 td's in the last 3 games. "Take Out" the 3 turnovers that resulted in their opponents starting scoring drives inside the danville 20. "Take out" the rosecrans td against the jv's with a 1 minute left and Danville's starting D has given up 1 td in 3 games. :roll:
True but the notion that there is no respect for River's defense is funny to me because they are not the same as earlier in the year. Danville will put up points for sure they have a very talented offense but to think they're going to roll and do anything and everything they want is funny to me.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

icanpickem wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am
True but the notion that there is no respect for River's defense is funny to me because they are not the same as earlier in the year. Danville will put up points for sure they have a very talented offense but to think they're going to roll and do anything and everything they want is funny to me.
Last edited by OvGuy on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Is there an echo in here???

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

http://www.yourohiovalley.com/clip/1390 ... isaly-show

Local interview of Lukas Isaly. Great player, even greater kid.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

very surprised danville survived trimble, trimble should have gone to state

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
FHLancer
Waterboy

Post by FHLancer »

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

farmer8 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 am very surprised danville survived trimble, trimble should have gone to state
Were about 2 years from that. Could surprise everyone next yr

Return to “Football”