Four division games
four cross over-- two from each other divisions

2 games from out of the conference

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Sportfan97
Waterboy

Re: "Hypothetical" new D1/D2 league south of Columbus

Post by Sportfan97 »

Been told by the Principal at Lancaster High School a major announcement is coming very soon from the Athletic Department

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Sportfan97 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 pm Been told by the Principal at Lancaster High School a major announcement is coming very soon from the Athletic Department
What is the announcement

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm
Sportfan97 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 pm Been told by the Principal at Lancaster High School a major announcement is coming very soon from the Athletic Department
What is the announcement
I wasn’t given that information. Just told me to expect a big announcement in the coming weeks following their next Board of Education Meeting. If I get anymore information I will definitely pass it along.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well tell the AD to let Logan in the new league

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

Well not the news I was hoping for but it was just announced on twitter so I can share and it’s still pretty exiting for the Lancaster Athletic Department.

Lancaster is upgrading Fulton field with Field Turf at an estimated cost of $875,000. In addition for new field turf they are planning on upgrades to the home side bleachers and a new press box.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well that’s long overdue

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

should be a beautiful place after the upgrade

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

about time

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

The OCC is voting on realignment this week according to story in Thisweeknews.com/sports.

Realignment would be the following if approved. Four 6 teams Divisions and one 8 team Division. Realignment would go into effect in 2020-21 school year.

Division 1-Gahanna, Grove City, New Albany, Pickerington North, Westerville Central and Westland

Division 2-Dubin Coffman, Hilliard Bradley, Hilliard Davidson, Olentangy Orange, Olentangy Liberty and Upper Arlington

Division 3-Dublin Jerome, Hilliard Darby, Olentangy, Olentangy Berlin, Marysville and Thomas Worthington

Division 4-Central Crossing, Lancaster, Groveport, Newark, Pickerington Central and Reynoldsburg

Division 5 (8 Teams)-Big Walnut, Canal Winchester, Delaware, Dublin Scioto, Franklin Hts, Westerville North, Westerville South and Worthington Kilbourne.

Division will be named at a later date.

CruiserChief95
Waterboy

Post by CruiserChief95 »

Division 5 is just awful! If ever there was a reason for Canal to leave the OCC, this would be it! No more division rivalry with Groveport and travel stinks. Especially to Delaware on a weeknight! I guess if there is to be a new league formed, we will find out very soon.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:21 am The OCC is voting on realignment this week according to story in Thisweeknews.com/sports.

Realignment would be the following if approved. Four 6 teams Divisions and one 8 team Division. Realignment would go into effect in 2020-21 school year.

Division 1-Gahanna, Grove City, New Albany, Pickerington North, Westerville Central and Westland

Division 2-Dubin Coffman, Hilliard Bradley, Hilliard Davidson, Olentangy Orange, Olentangy Liberty and Upper Arlington

Division 3-Dublin Jerome, Hilliard Darby, Olentangy, Olentangy Berlin, Marysville and Thomas Worthington

Division 4-Central Crossing, Lancaster, Groveport, Newark, Pickerington Central and Reynoldsburg

Division 5 (8 Teams)-Big Walnut, Canal Winchester, Delaware, Dublin Scioto, Franklin Hts, Westerville North, Westerville South and Worthington Kilbourne.

Division will be named at a later date.
Will be interesting. Division 5 is obviously a bit of an "all you others" division.

Interesting to see Gahanna and Pick North shifted away from Rburg/Pick Central.

I mean I feel for OCC administrators. There is no way to make everyone happy. Too many old and new rivals. Too many multi HS districts that may or may not want to play each other.

Its a tough job.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also - what I have to think schools like Newark, Lancaster, Groveport, Reynoldsburg, and Canal Winchester have to be thinking is this:

These proposed divisions might look good. But what happens in 2, 3, or 4 years when they have to align again? Will the problems that currently exist be thrust upon them again?

CruiserChief95
Waterboy

Post by CruiserChief95 »

Looks like the OCC realignment passed by a surprising vote of 26-5. What does this mean for the future of the new league? Well, we don't yet know who cast the 5 "no" votes so we wait and see.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I am told that the “no” votes came from Hilliard Bradley, Groveport-Madison, Canal Winchester, Westland, and New Albany. I am also told that Lancaster and Newark are intending to stay in the OCC, therefore withdrawing themselves from any further planning of a new league.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

So Logan is still homeless ?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Until the next meeting from the others..which could be Groveport, Teays Valley, Logan, Zanesville, Canal.. Could this bring in New Albany and others now that Lancaster and Newark are off the table.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm Until the next meeting from the others..which could be Groveport, Teays Valley, Logan, Zanesville, Canal.. Could this bring in New Albany and others now that Lancaster and Newark are off the table.
Don’t forget Whitehall-Yearling, Licking Heights, and Watkins Memorial. I think this brings certainly brings New Albany into the mix and maybe now Hamilton Township if Zanesville remains in the mix.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

What is more likely is a league of...

NA
TV
C.W.
G—M
HT
LH
WM

I don’t see New Albany entertaining a league possibility with Logan or Zanesville. NA wants to be in the OCC, but they are not happy with the alignment sent to them. But they’ll take that alignment over driving to Logan or Zanesville in rush hour traffic.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:17 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm Until the next meeting from the others..which could be Groveport, Teays Valley, Logan, Zanesville, Canal.. Could this bring in New Albany and others now that Lancaster and Newark are off the table.
Don’t forget Whitehall-Yearling, Licking Heights, and Watkins Memorial. I think this brings certainly brings New Albany into the mix and maybe now Hamilton Township if Zanesville remains in the mix.
Forgot about those school mostly Watkins Memorial.

Return to “Football”