"Hypothetical" new D1/D2 league south of Columbus

Chief02
Varsity

Re: "Hypothetical" new D1/D2 league south of Columbus

Post by Chief02 »

Do we know when the interested schools were planning to reconvene?

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

this has been very interesting to watch from way over here, thanks for keeping the updates coming

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 pm Do we know when the interested schools were planning to reconvene?
Yes.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Word in the Zanesville area is that Newark and Lancaster are staying put in the OCC and this new league idea is falling apart.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The new league can get done without them.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

The new proposed league does not “need” Lancaster or Newark. There is still a solid core of schools that remain from the interested group. I think Lancaster and Newark may reconsider the next time the OCC realigns again in about 4-5 years. To me, the lynchpins of this new league are Canal Winchester and Groveport. If they backout, it may fall apart.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I mostly agree. A lot depends on Teays Valley and Zanesville with the travel time. Don't think they can get both of these on board.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Teays Valley IMO would be the ones that would not be into it. When Logan didn't get voted into the MSL it was TV that voted NO. Bc they didn't want that massive drive time of 43 mins to the Ohio river to play Logan. :roll: :roll: :roll:

AT THE RESERVATION
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:48 am Teays Valley IMO would be the ones that would not be into it. When Logan didn't get voted into the MSL it was TV that voted NO. Bc they didn't want that massive drive time of 43 mins to the Ohio river to play Logan. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I guess that begs the question of why have they gone along for the ride all the way to this point? Remember, it was Logan who started this ball rolling. If they didn’t want to, then why have they entertained everything up to this point?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 am I mostly agree. A lot depends on Teays Valley and Zanesville with the travel time. Don't think they can get both of these on board.
I agree. Honestly, I think Zanesville is an odd duck in this equation. I still have a sour taste from when they joined the SEOAL and the dominos that started falling afterwards.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

At one time during a track meet I heard one of the reason Zanesville left was because they could win a title in track while they were in the league or football.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Chief02 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:48 am Teays Valley IMO would be the ones that would not be into it. When Logan didn't get voted into the MSL it was TV that voted NO. Bc they didn't want that massive drive time of 43 mins to the Ohio river to play Logan. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I guess that begs the question of why have they gone along for the ride all the way to this point? Remember, it was Logan who started this ball rolling. If they didn’t want to, then why have they entertained everything up to this point?
Up to this point its just been football and girls/boys basketball and maybe a track meet or 2. From what I was told from 2 guy that work for me and that are from the TV school district is that the west end of the school district doesn't want too. This is what I was told on the MSL board a few years ago after Logan was not voted into the MSL.
" Some people view a trip to Logan as a trip to West Virginia travel-time wise, which, if you're coming from Hamilton or Teays it might feel like it in rush hour traffic."

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Chief02 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:09 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 am I mostly agree. A lot depends on Teays Valley and Zanesville with the travel time. Don't think they can get both of these on board.
I agree. Honestly, I think Zanesville is an odd duck in this equation. I still have a sour taste from when they joined the SEOAL and the dominos that started falling afterwards.
I would tell Da'ville sorry but no thanks. They seem to have a history of not sticking around in a league. At least in resent years.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If it was between TV and Zanesville I would pull for TV.
Out of the 10 schools that were in the old SEOAL when it started to fall apart it sort of looks like everyone but three were know to jump leagues.

Marietta left a league to join the SEOAL
Warren did the same
Athens left and came back
Zanesville left a league to come to the SEOAL
Ironton left and came back
Portsmouth has been in a few
Chillicothe also had been a few

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I would certainly pull for TV over Zanesville as well. While not all schools are on US 33, most are within close proximity with the exception Zanesville. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have the liberty of choosing. The number of schools has already dwindled. You think a league of 6 is a sufficient start?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

There is a good chance to get 6 schools that are close in size. Leaving 5 games where these schools could still play school they have played for a long time.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Well, now into March. Hopefully we should hear something soon. I can’t imagine this getting drug out into late spring.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thought I heard somewhere schools have a certain date to let their conference know they will be leaving. Anyone have knowledge of it?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Most leagues require a full 2 years notice. So if a league formed this spring it would start league play 2020-21.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Now that the basketball team has finished their great season, my attention fully turns to the new league opportunity. Unfortunately, updates are not provided like the schedule of a basketball team. Therefore, it is much like my time in the Army.....hurry up and wait.

Is it football season yet?

Return to “Football”