Dangerous football drills that you'd never see now

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Dangerous football drills that you'd never see now

Post by Raider6309 »

Long practices of full contact are stupid. Football players are made in the off-season. But people 20 years were tiny compared to today.

Getting lit up by 6' 205 Trae Williams hurts a lot worse than 5'10 160 Dick Adams. Both D1 safety's

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm Long practices of full contact are stupid. Football players are made in the off-season. But people 20 years were tiny compared to today.

Getting lit up by 6' 205 Trae Williams hurts a lot worse than 5'10 160 Dick Adams. Both D1 safety's
With that though Adams was hitting 165 lb backs and Williams hitting 185 lb backs...move violent collisions each way

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Oklahoma drills, bull in the ring.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 am Oklahoma drills, bull in the ring.
Oklahoma drills still exist. Bull in the ring.... definite no. Looking back, that drill is just insanely stupid and unnecessary. Doesn't even make you a better football player. Oklahoma drills are great.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I thought they did blizz we did em in youth football as a player and I did them when I coached youth football. but I wasn't sure.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Some drills used this year that were meant to train Navy Seals. One using about a 8 foot log weighing just over 100 hundred pounds that fell back on a players head killing him. What seemed as a toughing up drill clearly did not address safety to protect players. As this drill was made for adults who's bodies were more physically ready for this.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Along with that thinking of using drills that are right for the age group. I know of a group of first graders having practice for 3 hours a day in pads for 4 to 5 days a week. Not close to being productive for the kids.

Return to “Football”