Running Clocks by the 56 Regional Finalists.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Running Clocks by the 56 Regional Finalists.

Post by LucasDavenport »

There has been a great deal of chatter about the Running Clock. Here are some stats to go along with that talk.

First number is Regular Season running clocks . Second is Playoffs running clocks. If there's a 3rd number it will have a negative sign in front as that means they had a Running Clock put on them.

Cleveland St Ignatius (11-1). 2 and 0.
Mentor (11-1). 4 and 1
Toledo Whitmer (12-0). 6 and 0
Olentangy Liberty (10-2). 1 and 1. (-1)
Pickerington Central (11-1). 4 and 0
Pickerington North (10-2). 5 and 1
Cincinnati St X (11-1) 3 and 1
Cincinnati Colerain. (10-2) 4 and 1

Akron Hoban (11-1). 6 and 1
Barberton (12-0). 7 and 2
Avon (12-0). 3 and 0
Olmstead Falls (11-1). 2 and 0
New Albany. (8-4). 1 and 0. (-1)
Massillon Washington (9-3). 0 and 0. (-1)
Lasalle (10-2). 1 and 2. (-1)
Winton Woods (11-1). 3 and 2

Canfield (12-0). 3 and 0
Akron St V St M. (9-3). 1 and 0
Toledo CC (10-2). 3 and 0
Bay (12-0). 4 and 0
Bishop Hartley (11-1). 5 and 2
Tri-Valley (11-1). 4 and 0
Trotwood Madison (12-0). 7 and 2
Chaminade Julienne (9-3). 3 and 0

Steubenville (12-0). 6 and 1
Perry (12-0). 6 and 1
Shelby (12-0). 10 and 2
Bellevue (9-3). 1 and 0. (-1)
John Glenn (10-2). 7 and 0
Philo (9-3). 2 and 0
Wyoming (12-0). 6 and 0
Massie (11-1). 7 and 0

South Range. (12-0). 2 and 0
Black River (11-1). 7 and 2
Pemberville Eastwood. (12-0). 5 and 1
Marion Pleasant (10-1). 1 and 0
Wheelersburg (12-0). 9 and 1
Johnstown Monroe (10-2). 3 and 1
Middletown Madison (10-2) 6 and 0
West Jefferson (12-0). 5 and 1

Rootstown (12-0). 6 and 1
Kirtland (12-0). 7 and 0
Liberty Benton (11-1). 5 and 2
Jeromesville Hillsdale (9-3). 1 and 1
Nelsonville York (12-0). 4 and 1
Coal Grove (11-1). 2 and 0
Marion Local (12-0). 3 and 1
Coldwater (9-3). 0 and 1.

Dalton (12-0). 2 and 1
Cuyahoga Heights (10-1). 2 and 1
Norwalk St Paul (12-0). 8 and 2
Pandora Gilboa (10-2). 3 and 0
Danville (11-1). 5 and 0
Hannibal River (8-4). 1 and 1. (-2)
Minster (8-4). 0 and 0
St John's. (8-4). 2 and 0

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Running Clocks by the 56 Regional Finalists.

Post by Ironman92 »

Interesting to scroll down through.

Go Minster! Lol

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Minster with 0 and Shelby with 12!

Massillon Washington with 0 and 1 against them.

Hannibal River with 2 but also 2 put on them.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wheelersburg should have 11. 10 in regular season and 1 in the playoffs. They could have easily put one on Jackson but called off the dogs.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The question might be --- is it you or your schedule? When you look at Marion Local and Cleveland St Ignatius and the fact they had running clocks so infrequently you start to question the Statistic as a good thing.

Shelby is having an amazing year as they have put a Running Clock on every opponent and face Bellevue in Week 13 in a rematch. 46-0 first meeting.

I think an interesting thing these stats point out --- which teams have put 2 running clocks on opponents in the playoffs and how many did these same teams have in the regular season ---- Keep an eye on how these teams perform in Week 13 and beyond.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 pm Wheelersburg should have 11. 10 in regular season and 1 in the playoffs. They could have easily put one on Jackson but called off the dogs.
Mr. Flintstone, I don’t want to point out the obvious. But when did Burg play Jackson?
Was it:
A. Regular season
B. A
C. All of the above
Lmao

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

What a completely useless stat and thread. The difference in competition between some of these schools is laughable. Just more chest bumping here is all.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am What a completely useless stat and thread. The difference in competition between some of these schools is laughable. Just more chest bumping here is all.
😂. Your team is obviously not listed anywhere on here. Enjoy round ball.

I for one appreciate what Davenport is doing. These are all things that are interesting. You may not like it, who cares. Don’t open the thread again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D JUST BE WORRIED ABOUT WINNING. BUT PURTY COOL STUFF TO SEE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I didn't post it to chest thump.

I actually posted it to compare the true heavyweights --- Marion Local, Coldwater and St Ignatius etc.... to the teams who had several Running Clocks.

I think it's not something that's proven to mean anything.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am What a completely useless stat and thread. The difference in competition between some of these schools is laughable. Just more chest bumping here is all.
You said on another thread that you wish people could get on here and have normal discussions about their football teams and this site is going downhill fast.

Ok.... I'm trying. But if you read into something with a preconceived bias then you make that discussion difficult.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:40 am I'D JUST BE WORRIED ABOUT WINNING. BUT PURTY COOL STUFF TO SEE.
I agree with you bait. But some coaches set goals to hang a shutout and/or a running clock on their opponents. I appreciate the coaches who would rather get the young players some reps, and not keep starters in late in a game when they're up by a bunch just to keep the other team from scoring or to get to the 30 point difference.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 am I didn't post it to chest thump.

I actually posted it to compare the true heavyweights --- Marion Local, Coldwater and St Ignatius etc.... to the teams who had several Running Clocks.

I think it's not something that's proven to mean anything.
I was not implying that either. buy when you are in the game that wins or loses the region, you ain't playing any rookies at this point. they too are battle tested. I myself, just speaking for myself here. I'm completely unimpressed by getting running clocks on teams regular season or playoffs. I'm only concerned about wins n loses, period. ever.i know some strive for that and sometimes it is unavoidable when you are the superior opponent. but I hope the coach chooses to get backups playing time in situations to build the future of their teams. ----------------------- though there is no running clock in college. it is a shame that nowadays you have to have style points if you are in the top 10 ir-regardless of what the playoff committee says. just like ohio state this week against a very inferior illini team. but wisky barely beat the illini, and those players that are loyal to coach lovie smith will be fighting for his job. as he is likely to get let go. funny things can happen. I just kinda shake my head when I hear about running clocks. as a former youth football coach. I always used those opportunities to get everybody in, they deserve it. there are games where you simply can't in order to win you may have to stay with starters the whole time. and that's part of sports. but if you are comfortably ahead or woefully behind , time to get everybody in. it is also smart as far as risking injuries to starters. what does it prove to be up 35 on somebody with starters still in and a star player blows an acl, or breaks a collarbone.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

just my opinion obviously though.
not that it's wrong for everybody.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Running clocks don't mean a thing. I remember not playing in many 4th quarters my Junior and Senior year because the coach wanted to get younger players some reps and experience. Often times we were only up by a few scores.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 pm Wheelersburg should have 11. 10 in regular season and 1 in the playoffs. They could have easily put one on Jackson but called off the dogs.
Mr. Flintstone, I don’t want to point out the obvious. But when did Burg play Jackson?
Was it:
A. Regular season
B. A
C. All of the above
Lmao

I guess you lost me chief. Yeah, they did play Jackson in the regular season and Jackson was the only team they didn't put a running clock on in the regular season

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am
Was it:
A. Regular season
B. A
C. All of the above
Lmao

I guess you lost me chief. Yeah, they did play Jackson in the regular season and Jackson was the only team they didn't put a running clock on in the regular season
Lmao. How could they have had 10 running clocks in the regular season if they didn’t put one on Jackson. 😂 They our 9 running clocks up in the regular season.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah, that's why I said "should have" 11 meaning they "should have" had one against Jackson but they didn't tack on another score

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:07 am Yeah, that's why I said "should have" 11 meaning they "should have" had one against Jackson but they didn't tack on another score
Lmao. I thought you were trying to correct him. My bad. 😂

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

No problem

Return to “Football”