Miller Lite All Star Classic

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Miller Lite All Star Classic

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Some of us old guys are thinking we should play an alumni tournament. What do you think? Get teams from all schools in area and knock some heads and throw back some brews. Who is in?

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Binary
JV Team

Re: Miller Lite All Star Classic

Post by Binary »

I think this is a great idea. It would be nice to get some of the old SEOAL rivalry teams back battling against each other. Also, I know some people on here think some of the early 2000's Logan teams could handle the Joe Burrow era Athens team. So why not pit those two against each other as the featured event right after the 1981 NY team battles the 2013 Trimble team? This could really solve some arguments, and the winners of those two games could face off in an all time championship game. :lol:

Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Binary wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:08 pm I think this is a great idea. It would be nice to get some of the old SEOAL rivalry teams back battling against each other. Also, I know some people on here think some of the early 2000's Logan teams could handle the Joe Burrow era Athens team. So why not pit those two against each other as the featured event right after the 1981 NY team battles the 2013 Trimble team? This could really solve some arguments, and the winners of those two games could face off in an all time championship game. :lol:
That Trimble v Nelsonville game will result in a shut out with a running clock in favor of the Cats. Joe Burrow will pass for 500 yards against the Logan team in a route, and then 400 against Trimble in the finals. But Trimble will pull out the win 70-63 in an epic battle. :D

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

We had a team at eastern that could be a sleeper. If I can get Sheets and Chris Bailey together i think we may enter a team. Need to round up Donnie Hagglethorpe to coach us. Might need to get extra beers together for the bunch of us.

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

I'd like to throw the hat of the undefeated Jr High team at Southern in the ring. Some of those boys were undefeated during their 3 or 4 years of Jr high football and that's hard to do. If they'd had a coach in high school they'd of been undefeated then too, even though they could only play for 2 or 3 years cuz they got too old.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Baldeagle wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm We had a team at eastern that could be a sleeper. If I can get Sheets and Chris Bailey together i think we may enter a team. Need to round up Donnie Hagglethorpe to coach us. Might need to get extra beers together for the bunch of us.
I'm in. But that 10-0 team was the best ever. You think Arch would come back to coach? I've heard he's still sore about not getting in the playoffs, and he still has that banner with the state ranking on it.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Binary wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:08 pm I think this is a great idea. It would be nice to get some of the old SEOAL rivalry teams back battling against each other. Also, I know some people on here think some of the early 2000's Logan teams could handle the Joe Burrow era Athens team. So why not pit those two against each other as the featured event right after the 1981 NY team battles the 2013 Trimble team? This could really solve some arguments, and the winners of those two games could face off in an all time championship game. :lol:
Logan with Angle at QB would stomp a mud puddle in Athens a$$ when Burrows the splinter boy played. :lol:

Sharon Peters
Waterboy

Post by Sharon Peters »

Willy Cheatem wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:27 pm I'd like to throw the hat of the undefeated Jr High team at Southern in the ring. Some of those boys were undefeated during their 3 or 4 years of Jr high football and that's hard to do. If they'd had a coach in high school they'd of been undefeated then too, even though they could only play for 2 or 3 years cuz they got too old.
Would that mean we could see another game from that kid everyone in Racine called THE WHOPPER? I think they still keep a picture of that kid down at at Toms Butcher Shop.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the 78 ironton team would have likely won state and was not invited to the playoffs because a school district was on strike an
1978 Bob Lutz 9-0-0

Ironton Opp
Ashland (H) 34 2
Portsmouth (A) 29 0
Washington Court House (A) 46 26
Athens (A) 35 0
Meigs (H) 35 20
Wellston (H) 36 7
Gallipolis (A) 36 8
Jackson (A) 41 8
Waverly (H) 66 14
Totals 358 85
and they missed their last game. or they likely would have won state back to back in 78 n they did win it in 79. logan was on strike.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 am the 78 ironton team would have likely won state and was not invited to the playoffs because a school district was on strike an
1978 Bob Lutz 9-0-0

Ironton Opp
Ashland (H) 34 2
Portsmouth (A) 29 0
Washington Court House (A) 46 26
Athens (A) 35 0
Meigs (H) 35 20
Wellston (H) 36 7
Gallipolis (A) 36 8
Jackson (A) 41 8
Waverly (H) 66 14
Totals 358 85
and they missed their last game. or they likely would have won state back to back in 78 n they did win it in 79. logan was on strike.
I say suit them up and bring them to the tourny. We could pit them against one of those Eastern or Southern teams mentioned earlier.

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Sharon Peters wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 am
Willy Cheatem wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:27 pm I'd like to throw the hat of the undefeated Jr High team at Southern in the ring. Some of those boys were undefeated during their 3 or 4 years of Jr high football and that's hard to do. If they'd had a coach in high school they'd of been undefeated then too, even though they could only play for 2 or 3 years cuz they got too old.
Would that mean we could see another game from that kid everyone in Racine called THE WHOPPER? I think they still keep a picture of that kid down at at Toms Butcher Shop.
If you are talking about the great big 16 year old 7th grader that's him. It's a shame that we didn't get to see him in high school since he turned 19 before he got out of the 8th grade. But he sure did put on some clinics in Jr High. :lol:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Better get the game on turf. Makes it easier for those using walkers to get around. Probably need extended half time allowing for naps.

Return to “Football”