All State

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by seasick80 »

Burg will show up! Madison better be ready

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:59 pm Tough to predict. Each regional final game was a blowout. Don’t generally see that. But Burg wins in all 4 facets of the game...offense, defense, special teams and fan attendance. Hope Burg gets the Home side.
We are indeed the home side

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

#ReachHigher wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:34 am
rxburgfan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:59 pm Tough to predict. Each regional final game was a blowout. Don’t generally see that. But Burg wins in all 4 facets of the game...offense, defense, special teams and fan attendance. Hope Burg gets the Home side.
That is correct. We are playing at Herrnstein Miller Stadium. Lmao.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:34 am
That is correct. We are playing at Herrnstein Miller Stadium. Lmao.
Haha our house

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Grab a Chic-Fil-A Sammich at the concession stand!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Of the 4 teams left, Burg/Eastwood/South Range are a notch above Madison.

I think this game is best case scenario for Burg, because once you get to the title game anything can happen, you're playing for all the marbles.

Eastwood and SR are very impressive. I think the team no one is talking about, South Range has the most impressive resume. They played 2 teams below .500 in D-3 Zanesville, and D2 Kenmore they won a combined 62-21.

They are a very good team.

Not looking ahead, just haven't had a chance to give my thoughts on the remaining D5 players.

Wheelersburg 27
Madison 19

Burg vs South Range in the final and it will be a DANDY!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The reason everyone IMO is under estimating Madison is cause this is the first time in the playoffs. I think Madison has a solid team very good size I personally have not seen them play except on video and Burg will have their work cut out for them. Madison is playing very good right now. But I do believe The Burg is the better team if Burg can play turnover and mistake free ball then I predict 28 to 7 score but who really knows thats why they play the game anythi g can happen at this point. GO BURG GO BURG GO BURG IS IT FRIDAY YET ?

Burg grad 85
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm Nah they made it further then anyone expected they have nothing to lose but if the Burg loses to Madison wow that would look bad lol

Why would it look bad??? If Madison is the real deal!!!! State final 4 should be a close game.. Burg will not have any signs like West J did... I believe that Madison will be the Best team that Burg has played this year, and I am very confident after watching film on Madison that Burg will be their Best Team they have played for sure.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

burg reminds me of the 79 fighting tigers. smaller quick aggressive lineman. solid in every facet of their game. great coaching and special teams. they have good form and fundamentals. flow to the ball well laterally ,very tough up the gut, and have a solid secondary. and offensively they can pound it at you because the smaller linemen stay with their blocks well and have good footwork. the backs run with authority, and the qb can kill you over the top and is an excellent runner in a read option situation. with just enough trickeration to keep you on your toes. should be an awesome game. I'd love to see it myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am burg reminds me of the 79 fighting tigers. smaller quick aggressive lineman. solid in every facet of their game. great coaching and special teams. they have good form and fundamentals. flow to the ball well laterally ,very tough up the gut, and have a solid secondary. and offensively they can pound it at you because the smaller linemen stay with their blocks well and have good footwork. the backs run with authority, and the qb can kill you over the top and is an excellent runner in a read option situation. with just enough trickeration to keep you on your toes. should be an awesome game. I'd love to see it myself.
I agree 100%, very accurate assessment. Everybody on the team does their job, and does it well. They control what they can. They don't get too high or too low. Their depth is unmatched, and if they aren't beating you by half, they will in the end, because 2nd and 3rd strings are extremely strong and coaches make the appropriate halftime adjustments. I see a strong showing Friday night and looking forward to the Burg Victory!

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

i think the game against Columbus Academy will benefit Wheelersburg. From what everyone says Madison’s Ine is similar. CA was the first time Burg saw that type of line and they made adjustments during half time to win the game. Now they have a whole week to prepare which will allow them to scheme more.

What is Madison’s special teams like? This is where I see a huge difference in the game. Wheelersburg has a special teams playbook bigger than what most teams have for their offense and they are extremely good at executing the plays. There very well could be a situation where Madison’s offense doesn’t see the field for a while donto this.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm I’m glad you’re a burgfan but seriously who cares? You saying a man can’t give the opinion? If a guy believes they will blow a team out, let him say so. You don’t have to agree but painting that person as some sort of an arrogant punk is a stretch.
100% agree!!!
I am so sick and tired of this "trophy generation"!!
(in a cry baby voice...)
"It hurts my feelings that the Burg fans think that they are going to win by 30+ points and there could be a continuous clock in the game! That means that my baby boy won't be able to be on the field as long as I want him to!"

GROW UP PEOPLE...this is high school football (not biddy ball) and a good team will pour it on, especially in the playoffs, when the opportunity presents itself. If you don't like that the opposing team's fans make these statements about their predictions for the game...do something about it.
Have your team work harder and play better and this won't happen!!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

EXACTLY F4L!

When it's Final 4 in the State, I don't care if it's Burg, Falcons, Tigers, Indians, or whoever! I want the local teams to open up a BIG CAN OF WHOOP on the rest of the state and win it!

BURG---------------------------
DO IT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SEE YOU FAIL

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

falcons4life wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm I’m glad you’re a burgfan but seriously who cares? You saying a man can’t give the opinion? If a guy believes they will blow a team out, let him say so. You don’t have to agree but painting that person as some sort of an arrogant punk is a stretch.
100% agree!!!
(in a cry baby voice...)
"It hurts my feelings that the Burg fans think that they are going to win by 30+ points and there could be a continuous clock in the game! That means that my baby boy won't be able to be on the field as long as I want him to!"

GROW UP PEOPLE...this is high school football (not biddy ball) and a good team will pour it on, especially in the playoffs, when the opportunity presents itself. If you don't like that the opposing team's fans make these statements about their predictions for the game...do something about it.
Not really about a trophy generation or hurting anyone’s feelings. I know the burg is very good and will beat most teams by a lot. I just don’t have to get on hear and thump my chest and grab my crotch and tell everyone my team is a running clock better than yours. I have confidence in the burg on most Friday nights by about 10:00 the opposing team and their fans will figure it out.

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

Burg wins.period... on to week 15!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Burg4 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am burg reminds me of the 79 fighting tigers. smaller quick aggressive lineman. solid in every facet of their game. great coaching and special teams. they have good form and fundamentals. flow to the ball well laterally ,very tough up the gut, and have a solid secondary. and offensively they can pound it at you because the smaller linemen stay with their blocks well and have good footwork. the backs run with authority, and the qb can kill you over the top and is an excellent runner in a read option situation. with just enough trickeration to keep you on your toes. should be an awesome game. I'd love to see it myself.
I agree 100%, very accurate assessment. Everybody on the team does their job, and does it well. They control what they can. They don't get too high or too low. Their depth is unmatched, and if they aren't beating you by half, they will in the end, because 2nd and 3rd strings are extremely strong and coaches make the appropriate halftime adjustments. I see a strong showing Friday night and looking forward to the Burg Victory!
I hope ya'll win this burg.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:28 pm
falcons4life wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm

100% agree!!!
(in a cry baby voice...)

Not really about a trophy generation or hurting anyone’s feelings. I know the burg is very good and will beat most teams by a lot. I just don’t have to get on hear and thump my chest and grab my crotch and tell everyone my team is a running clock better than yours. I have confidence in the burg on most Friday nights by about 10:00 the opposing team and their fans will figure it out.
Amen brother
Amen

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Is anyone else worried about the seating ?? With both teams traveling as heavy as they do I'm not sure how this stadium will do.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 pm
Burg4 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am
I hope ya'll win this burg.
Same here. The Pirates play like the 79 Tigers but have the depth of the 78 Tigers. That is an amazing combination for one team to possess. The difference is that the Pirates are the favorites to win while the 79 Tigers were underdogs in both playoff games. We beat two teams to win it all that year and were two TD underdogs to Akron St.V. St. M. in the title game and that was being kind. We were down to both teams by 6 before coming back to win. My advise to the Pirates is to take all the title talk with a grain of salt and play your brand of football. That is what got you to where you are now. Take care of business one game at a time.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ebake9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm Is anyone else worried about the seating ?? With both teams traveling as heavy as they do I'm not sure how this stadium will do.
None of that matters now, but we'll find out come Friday night. With that being said I'd get there EARLY.

Return to “Football”