State Semi Finals: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Burg4 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am burg reminds me of the 79 fighting tigers. smaller quick aggressive lineman. solid in every facet of their game. great coaching and special teams. they have good form and fundamentals. flow to the ball well laterally ,very tough up the gut, and have a solid secondary. and offensively they can pound it at you because the smaller linemen stay with their blocks well and have good footwork. the backs run with authority, and the qb can kill you over the top and is an excellent runner in a read option situation. with just enough trickeration to keep you on your toes. should be an awesome game. I'd love to see it myself.
I agree 100%, very accurate assessment. Everybody on the team does their job, and does it well. They control what they can. They don't get too high or too low. Their depth is unmatched, and if they aren't beating you by half, they will in the end, because 2nd and 3rd strings are extremely strong and coaches make the appropriate halftime adjustments. I see a strong showing Friday night and looking forward to the Burg Victory!
I hope ya'll win this burg.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:28 pm
falcons4life wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 pm

100% agree!!!
I am so sick and tired of this "trophy generation"!!
(in a cry baby voice...)
"It hurts my feelings that the Burg fans think that they are going to win by 30+ points and there could be a continuous clock in the game! That means that my baby boy won't be able to be on the field as long as I want him to!"

GROW UP PEOPLE...this is high school football (not biddy ball) and a good team will pour it on, especially in the playoffs, when the opportunity presents itself. If you don't like that the opposing team's fans make these statements about their predictions for the game...do something about it.
Have your team work harder and play better and this won't happen!!
Not really about a trophy generation or hurting anyone’s feelings. I know the burg is very good and will beat most teams by a lot. I just don’t have to get on hear and thump my chest and grab my crotch and tell everyone my team is a running clock better than yours. I have confidence in the burg on most Friday nights by about 10:00 the opposing team and their fans will figure it out.
Amen brother
Amen

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Is anyone else worried about the seating ?? With both teams traveling as heavy as they do I'm not sure how this stadium will do.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 pm
Burg4 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am burg reminds me of the 79 fighting tigers. smaller quick aggressive lineman. solid in every facet of their game. great coaching and special teams. they have good form and fundamentals. flow to the ball well laterally ,very tough up the gut, and have a solid secondary. and offensively they can pound it at you because the smaller linemen stay with their blocks well and have good footwork. the backs run with authority, and the qb can kill you over the top and is an excellent runner in a read option situation. with just enough trickeration to keep you on your toes. should be an awesome game. I'd love to see it myself.
I agree 100%, very accurate assessment. Everybody on the team does their job, and does it well. They control what they can. They don't get too high or too low. Their depth is unmatched, and if they aren't beating you by half, they will in the end, because 2nd and 3rd strings are extremely strong and coaches make the appropriate halftime adjustments. I see a strong showing Friday night and looking forward to the Burg Victory!
I hope ya'll win this burg.
Same here. The Pirates play like the 79 Tigers but have the depth of the 78 Tigers. That is an amazing combination for one team to possess. The difference is that the Pirates are the favorites to win while the 79 Tigers were underdogs in both playoff games. We beat two teams to win it all that year and were two TD underdogs to Akron St.V. St. M. in the title game and that was being kind. We were down to both teams by 6 before coming back to win. My advise to the Pirates is to take all the title talk with a grain of salt and play your brand of football. That is what got you to where you are now. Take care of business one game at a time.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ebake9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm Is anyone else worried about the seating ?? With both teams traveling as heavy as they do I'm not sure how this stadium will do.
None of that matters now, but we'll find out come Friday night. With that being said I'd get there EARLY.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Someone on there changed their mind about the Pirates this week I see haha.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Here are some stats I’ve found for Madison on the year.
https://stats.digitalscout.com/ohio/sch ... on-mohawks

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:59 pm
Someone on there changed their mind about the Pirates this week I see haha.
He was disappointed with his pick lol he was really hoping the Johnnies would get us last week. Also, finds a way to compare west. I emjoy listening to the cast though.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Jolly Pirate: Thanks for the Link.

Good job by Spicer and Colley from The PDT once Again.

I enjoyed the interview they did with the TriState Sports guy and the knowledge he gave. He had a good read on Madison.

Referred to the Coach as "left of Center". This made me think of a Les Miles type.

Madison has only thrown the ball 40 times all year. He said they threw it once early against CHCA and it looked ugly.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Madison had 10 penalties in Week 13 for 105 yards.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 pm Madison had 10 penalties in Week 13 for 105 yards.
A couple of those were pass interference calls on third and long. Had the ball not been severely under thrown it wouldn’t have been an issue. But if the qb hit him in stride he’s gone.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm Jolly Pirate: Thanks for the Link.

Good job by Spicer and Colley from The PDT once Again.

I enjoyed the interview they did with the TriState Sports guy and the knowledge he gave. He had a good read on Madison.

Referred to the Coach as "left of Center". This made me think of a Les Miles type.

Madison has only thrown the ball 40 times all year. He said they threw it once early against CHCA and it looked ugly.
Yea. I thought the “left of center” comment was funny. He did seem to have a good grasp on Madison. But at the same time he had his doubts. He didn’t sound certain when he started talking about the game.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Ebake9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm Is anyone else worried about the seating ?? With both teams traveling as heavy as they do I'm not sure how this stadium will do.
Burg will fill the home side once again this week. Not sure what kind of crowd Madison will bring, but there will be lots of people standing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:07 pm
Burg will fill the home side once again this week. Not sure what kind of crowd Madison will bring, but there will be lots of people standing.
They are talking 3,000. I doubt that. But should be a big crowd.

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Beavercreek holds over 5000 and there were Madison fans on both sides, they completely filled the visitor and end zone seats and were in the home section lol and I know Wheelersburg has a big crowd

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ebake9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:24 pm Beavercreek holds over 5000 and there were Madison fans on both sides, they completely filled the visitor and end zone seats and were in the home section lol and I know Wheelersburg has a big crowd
The visitor side is never big enough to hold a playoff crowd. It’s not surprising.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Team Statistics:
Total Yards: Wb 375, JM 171
First Quarter Yards: Wb 91, JM 91
Rushing Yards: Wb 132 (38), JM 153 (38)
Passing Yards: Wb 243, JM 18
Passing: Wb 16/22/1, JM 2/6/2
First Downs: Wb 19, JM 8
Penalties: Wb 5/45, JM 4/25
Turnovers: Wb 1, JM 3
Time: Wb 23:45, JM 24:15

Burg vs Johnstown

Chillifan123
Waterboy

Post by Chillifan123 »

This game is basically another home game for Burg, and should have the same result as all the others, Looking forward to see it rockin at the O Friday night!! Burg will be simply too much for Madison, end of story.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:07 pm
Burg will also be bringing a lot of Scioto county with them.
There is one thing about Scioto county we might bicker back and forth with one another most of the time. When it comes to something like this we will definitely back each other.
I remember in 02 when West was playing in the state championship game. Two rows behind me was coach Lewis and staff and a lot of the Burgs players. Good luck Pirates I hope you win # 2.

Return to “Football”