One game at a time Pirates. Take care of business again this Friday

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: #9 Middletown Madison v #1 Wheelersburg State Semifinal

Post by bleed_blue »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 pm Game is at Chillicothe again!!
That's pretty impressive to be this deep into the state playoffs and being able to play at Chillicothe. Offensively with Madison being a run heavy team will play into the matchup strength of Burg. Defensively though have to be VERY impressed with what Madison done against West Jefferson, they beat down West Jeff 42-7 and from what I was reading West Jeff came into the game with over 2,600 passing and 2,300 rushing yards on the season, so to shut that down they must be playing some really good ball at the right time. Congrats to Burg on advancing to this point and good luck represent SEO well.
West Jeff also had 5 turnovers. QB threw 4 picks and also fumbled. 2 were pick 6’s

Just the little bit I’ve seen it seemed like West Jeff’s QB had his mind made up as to where he was throwing before the play was ran. He looked like he tried to force a lot passes that shouldn’t of been thrown. I also noticed that West Jeff had some success early on with underneath routes swing passes and such which is an area in which Wheelersburg excels greatly.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Every team Burg has faced has not played against a run defense like Burgs. I don't see this game being any different. JM learned last night how great that defense is.

Burg's offense is just a different animal. It was funny to watch JM's secondary when Holden would line up on one side by himself there would be three guys leaning his way and of course that left someone open and Burg exposed that. The short swing passes are just as good as a run if you can get 6-9 yards out of them on any down.

I will be shocked and applaud any team that is run heavy and they can beat this Pirate team.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just watched highlights from last night West Jeff/Madison game. They don't have near the speed of JM and Burg throttled that run offense. West Jeff's defense was horrible

Is it Friday yet????

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:18 am Just watched highlights from last night West Jeff/Madison game. They don't have near the speed of JM and Burg throttled that run offense. West Jeff's defense was horrible

Is it Friday yet????
I agree not near the speed. Yes West Jeff’s defense was horrendous.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

juanmorales wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 am I can't see any team beating Burg. State Championship for them is my prediction
I called early in season that the only games they would have any trouble or game is final four, now it looks like the championship

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

:D I applaud the Chillicothe Cavaliers for building such a nice facility for the Burg to play their playoff games at. No disrespect meant to the fine folks at Chillicothe. 3 weeks in a row. We might have to rename the field the Pirate Ed Miller Stadium North.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Just temporarily.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I’d like to go through and thank the people of Chillicothe individually. However, I’ll just do a general thank you on here. The facility and hospitality is second to none! Thank you all for everything!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy the facility. Really really really thankful to host a state semi final. That’s very very cool. Once everything is completed Chilli really will be the best site for playoff games (minus Jackson’s NAIA stadium lol)
Our announcer is a diehard with a speech problem so if you think he’s bad just remember he’s a good guy lol.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am :D I applaud the Chillicothe Cavaliers for building such a nice facility for the Burg to play their playoff games at. No disrespect meant to the fine folks at Chillicothe. 3 weeks in a row. We might have to rename the field the Pirate Ed Miller Stadium North.
I’d settle for Miller Herrnstein Field. Lmao.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ok... I too just watched the highlights of Madison WJ game... hmmm, no disrespect meant to either team here. I thought WJ looked aweful.. they basically didn’t even play defense... and Madison looked slow and kind of weak.. maybe it was just the plays that they showed or something... I just don’t see this game being very close. I don’t think any team will beat burg by running the football.... we will see though..

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Very excited to see this game back at Chillicothe

The people of Chillicothe are truly as good as any in Southern Ohio. My son has lived and worked in Chillicothe for the last 3 years and it's been amazing to see how several have helped in his growth process and genuinely care for him.

Middletown Madison Senior is a true Cinderella Story--- and seem a little fated. Hopefully they are happy to be here and are a little overwhelmed by the trip and circumstances--- but I'm not betting on it.

Good luck to the Burg. Very good to see Wheelersburg come through Region 19 and I believe they did it in the toughest way or by having the toughest route. 3 Central District tradition laced football teams have been eaten up by this Wheelersburg team and Coaching Staff.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm Ok... I too just watched the highlights of Madison WJ game... hmmm, no disrespect meant to either team here. I thought WJ looked aweful.. they basically didn’t even play defense... and Madison looked slow and kind of weak.. maybe it was just the plays that they showed or something... I just don’t see this game being very close. I don’t think any team will beat burg by running the football.... we will see though..
Yea. I thought that as well. Wasn’t really going to bring it up but since you guys already did. The only bright spot I saw was Madison’s DLine. They got up field and put pressure on WJ qb all night. I think that forced the mistakes. The Madison RB’s aren’t very fast. OL is fairly undersized but kind of quick.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I agree 100%. Hernstein field is 2nd to none one of the best facilities I've watched a burg playoff game at. The stadium is absolutely beautiful. The parking is awesome and we have been treated amazing the past two wks. I look for nothin but the same this fri. Couldn't ask for a nicer stadium to hold a state semi final game. I just hope for a good clean injury free game that way whoever wins is 100% for the state finals

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Looking at Madison's schedule, its VERY BAD! They beat some Big names in the playoffs, but they are teams that in the past have been very good! This season they are not the Powerhouse they were before. So, im not impressed with their wins.

Burg's schedule was supposed to be tougher but teams in the regular season didnt show up and we were not truly tested till the playoffs.

Burgs tested and just plain NASTY on Defense.
There are so many weapons on Offense, that a Defense has such are hard time shutting all of then down. Wont say it cant happen, just saying Good Luck Trying!

Wheelersburg 35
Madison 7

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 pm Game is at Chillicothe again!!
That's pretty impressive to be this deep into the state playoffs and being able to play at Chillicothe. Offensively with Madison being a run heavy team will play into the matchup strength of Burg. Defensively though have to be VERY impressed with what Madison done against West Jefferson, they beat down West Jeff 42-7 and from what I was reading West Jeff came into the game with over 2,600 passing and 2,300 rushing yards on the season, so to shut that down they must be playing some really good ball at the right time. Congrats to Burg on advancing to this point and good luck represent SEO well.

Did you look at West Jeffersons schedule? They went 9-0 and yet finished 5th in the region. They played two teams with winning records all season. They played ONE Division 5 school all season and the rest were DVI or DVII. Doesn't surprise me at all that they had stats like that for the regular season and that they got blew out last night.
Yeah I seen that but the 2 they played they blew out, Bethel Tate was undefeated and they blew them out. Madison is in the same boat really beat a 1-9 division II team, LOST to a 1-9 DIII. Played a couple other DIV schools but Madison has been DIV previous 2 years so size wise they're playing who they should be. Regardless to put those stats up is pretty good, wouldn't take Madison lightly not at this point.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Exactly. The MM team are Region 20 champs for a reason. They beat a MAC school (Anna) and CCHA.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm ^ Exactly. The MM team are Region 20 champs for a reason. They beat a MAC school (Anna) and CCHA.

Anna is not the same since their QB got injured. CHCA is not the same as last year. Yes they got here by beating some good teams, Not GREAT teams

Burg will dominate this game.
Will look a lot like Yesterday!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm ^ Exactly. The MM team are Region 20 champs for a reason. They beat a MAC school (Anna) and CCHA.
I don’t expect Wheelersburg to take them lightly but region 20 isn’t near what it has been the last few years (losing coldwater doesn’t help their cause). CCHA beat one playoff team in the regular season and Anna done the same. This might be one of the few years in which region 19 was the better region.

Return to “Football”