State Semi Finals: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10

S281
Waterboy

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by S281 »

Madison’s 4 best wins are better than Burgs.

Madisons run D is better than Burgs. Madison shut down higher ranked schools than Burg

Madison has nothing to lose and is playing loose.

Since week 3, playing 4 better teams than Burgs, no one could slow them down on offense. Coaches all knew the plays they would run. Knew how to defend them. But when 11 lined up against 11 couldn’t execute.

Madison’s pass Defense is all based on the fact their front 4 create pressure without blitzing. Qb has 29TD’s 5 Int’s, coach knows what Madison does, couldn’t stop it. Qb “stud” throws for 140 yards 0 TD, 4 Int. While the TEAM rushes for 23 yards. A TEAM that ran for over 2,000.

Anna ranked higher than any team Burg beat had 154 yards of offense. 82 pass, 72 rush. More than 40 pass yards on a Hail Mary 4th and 8 play. If that falls incomplete Anna has 100-110 yards of total offense.

Every prep person has picked Madison to lose by multiple TD’s. It’s their first time there. Everyone says prove it. Take humans out of it, and the computers rank Burg 2nd, Madison 4th. That’s with Madison’s UGLY early loss to Monroe. If Madison corrected that, the computers might have ranked them higher, because they beat better teams. It’s not how you play early, but how you gel late. Madison said the exact same thing you are before the Monroe game. They got a wake up call, you can’t play a school 2 divisions higher and not take them seriously. Losing really might have helped Madison. Focused them.

Valley View is equal to the Burg in every way. Win year in, year out. Only in a higher division. 6 -0 half time. 13-7 third quarter. A couple of turnovers in the red zone and Madison rolled over. Final 32-7, but not a blow out. That was week 3. This is a different Madison team.

CHCA has big fast receivers like Burg has. Dominant all year. They threw for 263 yards. 60 by their RB on a trick play TD. Ran for 25 total yards.

Madison’s special teams struggled in their 42-7 win. Missed 3 extra points. 2 bad snaps, one shank. Kicker was 52/56 xpoints, 2/2 FGs for the year including playoffs.

Overall Burg is better on paper, should they win, yes. More well rounded team. But to predict a running clock is ignorant.

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm
Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm Nah they made it further then anyone expected they have nothing to lose but if the Burg loses to Madison wow that would look bad lol
It would look bad losing in the final 4? Lol. You ARE an idiot.

Butter is going to have the biggest game he has had in the playoffs. I’m calling 175 and 4. Madison doesn’t have an answer for him. Then if they try to double cover, something they haven’t done all year, they will get burnt by many others. The Hedgehog, I believe, will have another big game. The Fam is going to bring the change of pace that Madison won’t be able to adjust to. If it gets tight. I could see the power O making an appearance with Horsley and Old School. Not to mention Clevenger.
Lol Burgs O line won t have an answer for what their about to face , CHCA had the biggest O line I've seen this year and their quarterback stayed on the ground , I think this will be a good test for both teams. We know Wheelersburg is a great D5 Football team but remember Madison has been a D4 school up until this year so what we don't know is how they stack up in D5

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Johnstown Monroe was also a D4 power very recently and it didn’t go well for them. Burg has played some good teams. We’ll all see Friday night. Good Luck to both teams ..

Ebake9
Waterboy

Re: #9 Middletown Madison v #1 Wheelersburg State Semifinal

Post by Ebake9 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 pm Game is at Chillicothe again!!
That's pretty impressive to be this deep into the state playoffs and being able to play at Chillicothe. Offensively with Madison being a run heavy team will play into the matchup strength of Burg. Defensively though have to be VERY impressed with what Madison done against West Jefferson, they beat down West Jeff 42-7 and from what I was reading West Jeff came into the game with over 2,600 passing and 2,300 rushing yards on the season, so to shut that down they must be playing some really good ball at the right time. Congrats to Burg on advancing to this point and good luck represent SEO well.
West Jeff also had 5 turnovers. QB threw 4 picks and also fumbled. 2 were pick 6’s
The reason they had those picks and fumbles was bc their quarterback had zero time to throw the ball and they hit hard

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

S281 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:14 pm Madison’s 4 best wins are better than Burgs.

Madisons run D is better than Burgs. Madison shut down higher ranked schools than Burg

Since week 3, playing 4 better teams than Burgs, no one could slow them down on offense. Coaches all knew the plays they would run. Knew how to defend them. But when 11 lined up against 11 couldn’t execute.

Madison’s pass Defense is all based on the fact their front 4 create pressure without blitzing. Qb has 29TD’s 5 Int’s, coach knows what Madison does, couldn’t stop it. Qb “stud” throws for 140 yards 0 TD, 4 Int. While the TEAM rushes for 23 yards. A TEAM that ran for over 2,000.

Anna ranked higher than any team Burg beat had 154 yards of offense. 82 pass, 72 rush. More than 40 pass yards on a Hail Mary 4th and 8 play. If that falls incomplete Anna has 100-110 yards of total offense.

Every prep person has picked Madison to lose by multiple TD’s. It’s their first time there. Everyone says prove it. Take humans out of it, and the computers rank Burg 2nd, Madison 4th. That’s with Madison’s UGLY early loss to Monroe. If Madison corrected that, the computers might have ranked them higher, because they beat better teams. It’s not how you play early, but how you gel late. Madison said the exact same thing you are before the Monroe game. They got a wake up call, you can’t play a school 2 divisions higher and not take them seriously. Losing really might have helped Madison. Focused them.

Valley View is equal to the Burg in every way. Win year in, year out. Only in a higher division. 6 -0 half time. 13-7 third quarter. A couple of turnovers in the red zone and Madison rolled over. Final 32-7, but not a blow out. That was week 3. This is a different Madison team.

CHCA has big fast receivers like Burg has. Dominant all year. They threw for 263 yards. 60 by their RB on a trick play TD. Ran for 25 total yards.

Madison’s special teams struggled in their 42-7 win. Missed 3 extra points. 2 bad snaps, one shank. Kicker was 52/56 xpoints, 2/2 FGs for the year including playoffs.

Overall Burg is better on paper, should they win, yes. More well rounded team. But to predict a running clock is ignorant.
Anna did not rank higher than any team Burg played.
Portsmouth West was ranked 4th in Ap. I believe Jackson was ranked in D3 when burg beat them.
To say that Madison's best 4 wins are better than Burgs is crazy.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

S281 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:14 pm Madison’s 4 best wins are better than Burgs.

Not sure I agree with your first statement and the second statement will be determined Friday

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm
Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm Nah they made it further then anyone expected they have nothing to lose but if the Burg loses to Madison wow that would look bad lol
It would look bad losing in the final 4? Lol. You ARE an idiot.

Butter is going to have the biggest game he has had in the playoffs. I’m calling 175 and 4. Madison doesn’t have an answer for him. Then if they try to double cover, something they haven’t done all year, they will get burnt by many others. The Hedgehog, I believe, will have another big game. The Fam is going to bring the change of pace that Madison won’t be able to adjust to. If it gets tight. I could see the power O making an appearance with Horsley and Old School. Not to mention Clevenger.
Lol Burgs O line won t have an answer for what their about to face , CHCA had the biggest O line I've seen this year and their quarterback stayed on the ground , I think this will be a good test for both teams. We know Wheelersburg is a great D5 Football team but remember Madison has been a D4 school up until this year so what we don't know is how they stack up in D5
Well since Burg will have no answer for what they are about to face, could you please explain how 1-9 Monroe did? :!:

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Yeah I agree , I know wheelersburg is a great team but part of me thinks Madison's O line and D line will eventually start dominating them , West Jeff didn't look terrible in the first quarter but they wore quick .

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Yeah I agree , I know wheelersburg is a great team but part of me thinks Madison's O line and D line will eventually start dominating them , West Jeff didn't look terrible in the first quarter but they wore quick .
I assure as I have already stated Wheelersburg is a completely different team than West Jeff and has depth for days.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Can’t tell these people nothing.. it’s been the same for the last 13 weeks..... burg is on another level this year. All will see soon enough...

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

hoot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 pm Johnstown Monroe was also a D4 power very recently and it didn’t go well for them. Burg has played some good teams. We’ll all see Friday night. Good Luck to both teams ..
Johnstown was retooling a little bit this year. Have to give Coach Carter and his staff credit for taking this team this far, but Burg/Jtown past two years would have been a fun matchup as I think they would have matched up better vs. Burg than Steubenville. This year I thought Jtown still could give Burg a better game if they could get to 2nd and 3rd and 4th and short, but Burg was too good. I know nothing about Madison. Burg has team speed all over on D especially. If Madison can't handle the team quickness on Burg's D, Madison will struggle. I think I was hoping Jtown's size advantage would hold up this week, but I was wrong. Burg executed well on O in 1st half especially on 3rd down. Johnnies had Burg in several 3rd and long situations and Burg would still find a way to get it. Hoping Burg can continue to roll as my Johnnies are in the weight room already on their own if they are not playing a winter sport! Good luck Pirates!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg QB doesn't need time to throw, he just needs to be accurate. Burg only throws the ball deep 2-3 times a game. Most of Burg's passes are short dump passes that the WR's get great YAC that sometimes turn into long TD's.

Burg will not wear down as they have very few two way players on the line. Most of the two way players are the WR/DB combos.

You can't just try to stop one player as they have to many weapons elsewhere. Col. Academy had the best game plan I've seen all year against the Burg's spread offense. Send 7-8 defenders straight up the gut to put pressure on the QB. Did it work??? Sure did!!! Burg was down 13-0 at half. Burg adjusted in the 2nd half, wore Academy completely out and won going away 35-16. That opened a lot of eyes around the state and made people think this Burg team is the real deal.

I think if Burg gets up on Madison if could be a rough road for them to stay up with Burg. If they hang around then it could come down to whoever has the ball last

Is it Friday Yet!!!

Go Pirates!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This one tops them all. Take a bow.

Best part was when you said burg is valley view equal and posted the score valley view 32-7, but then say prediction of a running clock is ignorant. Do people think anymore?

S281
Waterboy

Post by S281 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Anna did not rank higher than any team Burg played.
Portsmouth West was ranked 4th in Ap. I believe Jackson was ranked in D3 when burg beat them.
To say that Madison's best 4 wins are better than Burgs is crazy.
According to the Nov. 19th rankings in D V. Yes. Who cares about the AP. Opinions mean nothing. Only the computers rankings.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So Madison is ranked 4th in division 5 this week. I wonder why that is? Because there are 4teams left. Lmao. Some people have no logic.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

good luck burg keep on rolling

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Drew Pasteur ranks Wheelersburg 1st and Madison 6th

He ranks Johnstown Monroe 5th in Division 5 currently.

Anna 7th.

So how does Madison's best 4 wins rank higher than Wheelersburg's best 4 wins?

I think Region 20 was crap this year. No way do CHCA and West Jefferson compare with Wheelersburg. Not even close.

Good luck to Madison.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I normally don't pay much attention to the AP poll either but hard to argue with them this year, in D5 anyway....4 teams left and the AP #1 #2 and #3 are in there.

Bdawg79
Waterboy

Post by Bdawg79 »

14U wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 am
fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am
Bdawg79 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am
I don’t care who the burg plays in the state of Ohio I couldn’t see anyone putting a running clock on the burg this year defense way to talented for that they could be beat but no running clock
I think there are probably 10-15 teams if not more in Ohio that are capable of putting a running clock on the burg. Bigger schools are a totally different animal.

Who could start saying this? Lmao!! People burg is good for a d-V team but don’t go over board with anybody in State they would put running clock on them. This sounds like something a student would say!!! If burg was in the MAC they would be with up to 1-3 loses a year, with those coming in conference!! Before u guys start have u ever went and watched the conference play? I have. Every year their conference sends 2-3 to state final four with those teams having 1-3 loses against each other. The MAC has 3divisions in their league, best in state in my opinion
I never said burg would put a running clock on anyone I just don’t see anyone being able to do it to them they can definitely be beat but no running clock

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Nice!! Hooked one with his first cast!! Good work bdawg!

Return to “Football”