State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by tomcat82 »

I see an upset coming from the mighty Buckeyes. They may be going in as the underdog, but you can bet there not going down without a strong fight. I'm rooting for the team over the hill and know they have the heart and will not give up... Good Luck from TOMCATLAND!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tomcat82 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 pm I see an upset coming from the mighty Buckeyes. They may be going in as the underdog, but you can bet there not going down without a strong fight. I'm rooting for the team over the hill and know they have the heart and will not give up... Good Luck from TOMCATLAND!!!
It should be a check of a game!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Let's see about some cold , hard facts --

NY beat #295 Shadyside, #277 Fort Frye, and #301 Coal Grove in the playoffs. NY is rated at #155.

Kirtland beat #237 Youngstown Liberty, #207 Mogadore and #135Rootstown while rated at # 76. Kirtland thus beat better ranked teams than ANY of NYs opponents, but also beat a better ranked team than NY. Of course, the SEO region is the weakest in the state while Kirtland comes from a tough one and all regions regardless of divisions in NEO is part of the toughest in the state.

Kirtland wins this over the clueless.

Have gun, will travel
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:53 pm Let's see about some cold , hard facts --

NY beat #295 Shadyside, #277 Fort Frye, and #301 Coal Grove in the playoffs. NY is rated at #155.

Kirtland beat #237 Youngstown Liberty, #207 Mogadore and #135Rootstown while rated at # 76. Kirtland thus beat better ranked teams than ANY of NYs opponents, but also beat a better ranked team than NY. Of course, the SEO region is the weakest in the state while Kirtland comes from a tough one and all regions regardless of divisions in NEO is part of the toughest in the state.

Go troll somewhere else........

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:53 pm Let's see about some cold , hard facts --

How is the Grandson’s team doing? Nothing worse than a failed coach who disparages others. Real class.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Did it occur to anyone but for a missed xpt by FF, NY would have lost to the #277 team. Instead they win in OT. And you think you belong on the same field with the # 76 team ? lol

There is a chance this is a running clock game. Wear your long johns . Misery loves company. :lol:

Have gun, will travel
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

just because they are from the north doesn't make them better nor the teams they played their opp won 73 games nys opp won 77

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

just because they are from the north doesn't make them better nor the teams they played their opp won 73 games nys opp won 77

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 pm Did it occur to anyone but for a missed xpt by FF, NY would have lost to the #277 team. Instead they win in OT. And you think you belong on the same field with the # 76 team ? lol

There is a chance this is a running clock game. Wear your long johns . Misery loves company. :lol:
Go worry about Logan. They suck and will suck for a while. Go beat your chest about how great everyone else is compared to us over there.
You are nothing but a troll. You troll Southeastern Ohio on every forum you can find and its ridiculous.
You are a miserable old man. You spend your free time running down teenage boys, and apparently you take some sort of pride in it.
GO AWAY!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, I like to pick on the fans. Most here dismiss the fact its a FANBOARD.

Reality.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 pm Did it occur to anyone but for a missed xpt by FF, NY would have lost to the #277 team. Instead they win in OT. And you think you belong on the same field with the # 76 team ? lol

Go worry about Logan. They suck and will suck for a while.
Hey now. :lol: :lol: :lol: Most of us Logan fans far and wide are pulling and hoping for the Bucks to win. We Gotta pull for our neighbor. Seen lots of Logan people at the Coal Grove game last week cheering NY on. I was one of them. Good luck to NY this Friday against another hornet team. Get the Extra strength wasp and hornet spray out. GO BUCKS!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE NELSONVILLE YORK BUCKEYES FRIDAY NIGHT FROM HERE AT THE BAITCAVE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Where does Cuyahoga Heights fall into those rankings at?? Didn't even mention them and they are favored in their state semi final game against Danville from what I'm reading. I've said it I want NY to win this game and will root for them to but the realist in me, after watching them against Coal Grove especially, doesn't think the outcome is going to be in their favor. I hope it is and I hope I'm wrong but just what I seen Friday night gave me the feeling I was watching a team that is in the right division in the right region at the right time. FF I felt going into the playoffs was going to be their biggest competition on winning that region.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Cuyahoga Hts. is rated at #138. I would rate them as a much stronger run team than NY. Kirtland beat them for their only loss.

Much of Kirtland success has come since Tiger became the HC. You rarely heard of Kirtland before he came. He was successful in keeping the good local players from going to Iggy, Mentor Lake Catholic, Benedictine and VASJ. The home grown talent is pretty outstanding.

Have gun, will travel
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm Actually, I like to pick on the fans. Most here dismiss the fact its a FANBOARD.

Reality.
It seems that certain fans have really thin skin

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Go worry about Logan. They suck and will suck for a while. Go beat your chest about how great everyone else is compared to us over there.
You are nothing but a troll. You troll Southeastern Ohio on every forum you can find and its ridiculous.
You are a miserable old man. You spend your free time running down teenage boys, and apparently you take some sort of pride in it.
GO AWAY!
Point made for me. Plus I wonder what happens to any of us we say a certain school sucks

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

I couldnt believe FF missed. One kick from NY playing basketball this week. And yet people think they can start planning a trip to states. lol

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You know it's funny here. This is a fan board and the banter is between fans. The cop out is that you are talking about individual students, athletes. That obviously isn't the case. Thin skinned is accurate. Trying to project comments onto players misses the point that it the communities and THEIR fans who take shots at other teams and communities. These opinions have a way of turning into blood feuds .

Had cousins from Nelsonville. Had friends down there. But my opinion is they are going to walk into a buzz saw and pointing out some facts simply brings out the trash mouths. Of course this electronic age replaces the old fashion argument in a sports bar, lol.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm Of course this electronic age replaces the old fashion argument in a sports bar, lol.
:lol: :lol: :)

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm You know it's funny here. This is a fan board and the banter is between fans. The cop out is that you are talking about individual students, athletes. That obviously isn't the case. Thin skinned is accurate. Trying to project comments onto players misses the point that it the communities and THEIR fans who take shots at other teams and communities. These opinions have a way of turning into blood feuds .

Had cousins from Nelsonville. Had friends down there. But my opinion is they are going to walk into a buzz saw and pointing out some facts simply brings out the trash mouths. Of course this electronic age replaces the old fashion argument in a sports bar, lol.
Okay. You've made your point. You think the Buckeyes will lose. We get it. You've done the math. Statistics and rankings never lie.

It won't be easy for the Buckeyes to win. Hopefully it won't be easy for Kirtland to win. Regardless, the Buckeyes making it to the state semi-finals is quite the accomplishment after the amount of talent they lost from last year. I wish them luck. They're going to need to play a perfect game, but I think it's possible.

Return to “Football”