State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Paladin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm My team ? I comment about what I know of Kirtland. Not my team. Rather the favorite by most. Hornets have a strong , physical D and have a strong run team. NY is typical SEO team. Played no one and haven't faced a team like Kirtland. Enjoy the game. Then get out the basketballs.
I must say I agree with the former Logan star player and coach on this one. But you have to remember there is a Trimble guy at the helm now, so it's not the typical Nelsonville that can only beat you when they can run over you.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:27 am
Paladin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm My team ? I comment about what I know of Kirtland. Not my team. Rather the favorite by most. Hornets have a strong , physical D and have a strong run team. NY is typical SEO team. Played no one and haven't faced a team like Kirtland. Enjoy the game. Then get out the basketballs.
After looking at the scores of Kirtland games I've changed my mind. I think NY has the potential to win this game, and could do so rather easily with their ability to pass the ball. Also, it's not the typical NY that can only beat you if they can run over you. They have a Trimble guy that can scheme and game plan and call plays to take advantage of weaknesses. My prediction-

NY 35

Kirtland 14

Olderbird
Waterboy

Post by Olderbird »

Glad game isn't today seen that field is under water.
Honest question. What does flood do to a turf field, I know it has drains but I'm talking about all those little rubber balls

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

ask paladin he knows everything

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You guys really are sensitive. Over on Yappi, the poll shows by 28-4 ,people picking Kirtland in this game. Pasteur shows a pick of Kirtland by 9 pts with 72% probability.

And you are upset with me seeing Kirtland as the favored team ? lol

Remind me again of the SEO record in the playoffs overall ? :roll:

Have gun, will travel
Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:47 pm You guys really are sensitive. Over on Yappi, the poll shows by 28-4 ,people picking Kirtland in this game. Pasteur shows a pick of Kirtland by 9 pts with 72% probability.

And you are upset with me seeing Kirtland as the favored team ? lol

Remind me again of the SEO record in the playoffs overall ? :roll:
You want to give Logan's playoff record. Or how about your 5'6" grandson's teams record? Stay north old smelly fella. Though they don't like you either, they probably haven't heard you tell your stories about how "great you were in high school." So you can bore them with those tales. :lol:

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

Kirtland defense in playoffs giving up 16 a game ny defense 9 so which one is better

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

fireball wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm Kirtland defense in playoffs giving up 16 a game ny defense 9 so which one is better
Kirtland can't stop NY. Too many weapons, and can run and pass equally well and speed everywhere. No way they've seen speed like what they'll get Friday. Plus everyone is picking them so they are probably sleeping on this one. If not, this will be a nightmare week of prep for them. I can see a tOSU v. Iowa outcome if they sleep all week.

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

fireball wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm Kirtland defense in playoffs giving up 16 a game ny defense 9 so which one is better
Very Good Point!!! Some will argue the competition wasn't as tough.....when you get to week 12 and on, it is all good comparable competition.
One big Play the other night for C.G. was a 67 yard run. Nelsonville does a good job of making a team snap it 10-12 times and put a drive together. That is when teams make mistakes- put the ball on the ground, get a penalty or throw a int.
Should be a great game. Nelsonville is very balanced and also has big play capabilities at any time. Kirtland can control the clock, shorten the game, sustain long drives and limit the number of possessions.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Michigan n Trumbull wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm
Very Good Point!!! Some will argue the competition wasn't as tough.....when you get to week 12 and on, it is all good comparable competition.
One big Play the other night for C.G. was a 67 yard run. Nelsonville does a good job of making a team snap it 10-12 times and put a drive together. That is when teams make mistakes- put the ball on the ground, get a penalty or throw a int.
Should be a great game. Nelsonville is very balanced and also has big play capabilities at any time. Kirtland can control the clock, shorten the game, sustain long drives and limit the number of possessions.
I don't think NY will have any problem solving the Stack-I. And the half back pass won't work either, just ask the Gambler. Put 9 guys in the box and make them run trick plays and try to throw the ball. Then it's on to Marion Local.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 pm
Kirtland can't stop NY. Too many weapons, and can run and pass equally well and speed everywhere. No way they've seen speed like what they'll get Friday. Plus everyone is picking them so they are probably sleeping on this one. If not, this will be a nightmare week of prep for them. I can see a tOSU v. Iowa outcome if they sleep all week.
WOW, that's a mighty big check your writing. Hard to believe a Kirtland team who has been to the state semi's 6 of 7 years hasn't seen "this kind of speed" before. You don't have that type of success because you overlook someone, so I wouldn't be banking on that. I will say it looks like NY has the advantage in the passing game vs Kirtland but have to be able to block up front to give him time.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

just a question...... has anyone on this site seen both kirtland and ny play this year? if not.... to me, it would be a crap shoot to say who is better then who unless you've seen both in person.

AT THE RESERVATION
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kirtland is a very good and very physical team.
I believe the Buckeyes can and will take care of business but we aren't going to just blow by them on the scoreboard.

They are very good at stringing long drives together and eating clock.
In order for NY to come away with the win they will have to hold onto the ball, finish drives, and when they do punt they have to pin the Hornets deep.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm just a question...... has anyone on this site seen both kirtland and ny play this year? if not.... to me, it would be a crap shoot to say who is better then who unless you've seen both in person.
I've seen some film. They are pretty good.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 pm
WOW, that's a mighty big check your writing. Hard to believe a Kirtland team who has been to the state semi's 6 of 7 years hasn't seen "this kind of speed" before. You don't have that type of success because you overlook someone, so I wouldn't be banking on that. I will say it looks like NY has the advantage in the passing game vs Kirtland but have to be able to block up front to give him time.
They were shredded for 237 in the air last week and out gained by Rootstown. Rootstown had 3 turnovers or it could have been a different outcome. Rootstown had 10 and 11 guys in the box and Kirtland still couldn't pass and didn't have a back over 100 yards. I like NY's chances.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 pm

They were shredded for 237 in the air last week and out gained by Rootstown. Rootstown had 3 turnovers or it could have been a different outcome. Rootstown had 10 and 11 guys in the box and Kirtland still couldn't pass and didn't have a back over 100 yards. I like NY's chances.
Well turnovers are part of the game, Kirtland is strictly a run team so putting 10-11 guys in the box isn't going to change their style. They don't rely on a single back to carry the load. I watched NY against CG and didn't come away impressed with NY ability to stop the run on a consistent basis. Kirtland weakness is their pass coverage so for that I think if NY can hit some big plays in the passing game could keep them in it, currently looking like another nice night for football. The experience of Kirtland in this situation I think prevails, will be rooting for NY but think Kirtland takes this one by a couple scores.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Well turnovers are part of the game, Kirtland is strictly a run team so putting 10-11 guys in the box isn't going to change their style. They don't rely on a single back to carry the load. I watched NY against CG and didn't come away impressed with NY ability to stop the run on a consistent basis. Kirtland weakness is their pass coverage so for that I think if NY can hit some big plays in the passing game could keep them in it, currently looking like another nice night for football. The experience of Kirtland in this situation I think prevails, will be rooting for NY but think Kirtland takes this one by a couple scores.
CG could pass, so NY couldn't sell out on the run. Kirtland completed one pass last week, and it was a trick play. They'll see 11 hungry Buckeyes this week. It will look like an Orange swarm.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 pm

CG could pass, so NY couldn't sell out on the run. Kirtland completed one pass last week, and it was a trick play. They'll see 11 hungry Buckeyes this week. It will look like an Orange swarm. And they will have no answer for #3 in the secondary, and on the edges. If they spread out 9 and 15 will gash them big time. NY by a few scores, maybe more.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

CG could pass, so NY couldn't sell out on the run. Kirtland completed one pass last week, and it was a trick play. They'll see 11 hungry Buckeyes this week. It will look like an Orange swarm.
So are you saying the only way they can stop the run is if they sell out?? That doesn't bode well going forward should they be so lucky. CG wasn't exactly pass happy in that game. Missed some open guys and they had couple crucial drops.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm Well turnovers are part of the game, Kirtland is strictly a run team so putting 10-11 guys in the box isn't going to change their style. They don't rely on a single back to carry the load. I watched NY against CG and didn't come away impressed with NY ability to stop the run on a consistent basis. Kirtland weakness is their pass coverage so for that I think if NY can hit some big plays in the passing game could keep them in it, currently looking like another nice night for football. The experience of Kirtland in this situation I think prevails, will be rooting for NY but think Kirtland takes this one by a couple scores.
So are you saying the only way they can stop the run is if they sell out?? That doesn't bode well going forward should they be so lucky. CG wasn't exactly pass happy in that game. Missed some open guys and they had couple crucial drops.
Nope, that's not what I'm saying. But they can sell out this week if they want. I guess we'll see what happens, but they'll have their hands full with NY. I like NY's chances.

Return to “Football”