Re: LOOKING AHEAD, 2018 IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL

Post by countywide35 »

wouldn't beat on the tigers to much while down.....they wont be there forever

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AIN'T BEATING ON ANYBODY. I LOVE THE FIGHTING TIGERS. AND WANT NOTHING BUT GOOD FOR THEM, BUT CHANGES NEED MADE. AND WE'LL HAVE TO SEE ABOUT THE 4 I HEARD ABOUT. THAT'S ALL I KNOW.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Bait, I know you love the Tigers, and want the best for them, things will be better next season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am My question is: At what point does the people of Ironton put their foot down and say I AM NOT SETTLING FOR AVERAGE. Average is exactly what we are as a program right now.

It is time to move on from Coach Vass (wish him the best, he is a great man). But some people are just not cut out to be a head coach.

At this point, I am hoping for change soon. Before the empire crumbles completely.
Honestly that's what the program is now though, let's be honest you guys have been average for sometime now. Walks like a duck, looks like a duck, guess what it's a duck. This is an average program who will have an inflated winning percentage based on the teams they are playing and they are probably ending up like a lot of smaller schools and have to wait for the right group of kids to come through to put together 1-2 really good seasons. After that you'll return to your 4-7 win seasons because of schedules waiting on the that next group. Sorry but the local area is no longer the Ironton feeder system. Only empire left standing is within the Ironton faithful and it's past, for those in the here and now Ironton is just turning into another team on the schedule. It's harsh but guys it's the brutal honest truth. Nothing but mad respect for what Lutz did at his time there and the past Ironton has, however it is just that the past.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Great speech but I am tired of people saying the past is the only time that Ironton will be good again. First off Ironton is not average in my mind they are way below average. And that is a direct reflection of the coach staff that is way below average. This group needs to move on and find coaching jobs in other schools if they still want to coach.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 pm
TigersGameDayFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am My question is: At what point does the people of Ironton put their foot down and say I AM NOT SETTLING FOR AVERAGE. Average is exactly what we are as a program right now.

It is time to move on from Coach Vass (wish him the best, he is a great man). But some people are just not cut out to be a head coach.

At this point, I am hoping for change soon. Before the empire crumbles completely.
Honestly that's what the program is now though, let's be honest you guys have been average for sometime now. Walks like a duck, looks like a duck, guess what it's a duck. This is an average program who will have an inflated winning percentage based on the teams they are playing and they are probably ending up like a lot of smaller schools and have to wait for the right group of kids to come through to put together 1-2 really good seasons. After that you'll return to your 4-7 win seasons because of schedules waiting on the that next group. Sorry but the local area is no longer the Ironton feeder system. Only empire left standing is within the Ironton faithful and it's past, for those in the here and now Ironton is just turning into another team on the schedule. It's harsh but guys it's the brutal honest truth. Nothing but mad respect for what Lutz did at his time there and the past Ironton has, however it is just that the past.
I agree with you goose, painfully but I agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I truly hope something changes at IHS. Granted, I am in Florida and don’t know all of the sticky details going on at the school.
If this coaching situation is not addressed, I’ll continue to listen to the idea that the focus has shifted to roundball.
I just find it hard to believe that is true & no1 is addressing this coaching situation.
We know the AD loves roundball. I love Roundball. But it’s his job to balance athlectics and to ensure the success of all athlectics at IHS. If he does not act on this situation, he also is not performing his duties as called for in his job description.

It’s ridiculous!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

It is the past. However, at this moment, it’s the present.
Success in any sport starts at the top and drips down.
So, with an average coach you get average results.
Good coach... Good Results..
Great coach... Great results...

The kids deserve a great coach! This will change and a great coach will eventually be in the position again.
The kids, parents, and community should never settle for average.
Pressure needs to be put in LaFon to do his job!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm

It is the past. However, at this moment, it’s the present.
Success in any sport starts at the top and drips down.
So, with an average coach you get average results.
Good coach... Good Results..
Great coach... Great results...

The kids deserve a great coach! This will change and a great coach will eventually be in the position again.
The kids, parents, and community should never settle for average.
Pressure needs to be put in LaFon to do his job!!!
Spoken like a guy with conviction for his team and for that I respect where you're coming from. Reality is though not all coaches are great and there FAR more average to above average coaches than there is GREAT coaches. We've all seen it coaches who are average but made to look better by the kids on the field. Reality is by this post you are simply stating that it takes a great coach to turn this program around and putting total responsibility of the lack of coaching currently at Ironton. I'm sorry but the players play, they make plays overall talent at Ironton simply isn't there on a year to year basis like it once was. It will take a really good coach to help bring it out of the current players Ironton has and is bringing up. Any coach though has to have seriously thick skin to coach there because of the expectations of the past. Ironton faithful really need to be more patient with a new coach and more encouraging, not saying all of the Ironton faithful is the same way in those respects, but you guys know the old timers have zero patience for average play. Just look at your post and how you've worded it you simply put EVERYTHING on the coach. People need to rally behind the kids and the coaches and give more support towards the coaching staff.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 am
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:47 pm The defending state champs pound Ironton by 50
you talk about countin chickens early. that crow is rough to swaller trust me.
That prediction looks accurate now!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironton will start next season 0-1.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

burg loses 17 seniors I think they said. but there is no doubt after watching the title game that the coaching and athletisism is far superior there now.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Ironton

Post by Nut »

Did the Wilson kid just transfer to the Burg?

Game day
All State

Re: Ironton

Post by Game day »

I have no idea but if he does we will be a linemen. Too much talent at Burg for him to be linebacker or a running back.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

The magnet of a state champion.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

If this happens, I know of a certain fan base that will be VERY upset. Like throwing gas on the fire!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Why would a kid transfer for his Senior year, crazy if you ask me.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Not confirmed but have heard Ironton QB and another player will be enrolling at Raceland. Fairly reliable source though.

If the BOE does not fire or announce they are not renewing the contract of Vass, the talent that is left at Ironton will be gone. They need to make a move now or prepare for Sophomores and Freshmen leading the team next year.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Don't believe everything you hear.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm Why would a kid transfer for his Senior year, crazy if you ask me.
why wouldn't he ? Lol

Return to “Football”