2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers Football Outlook

laser breath
Varsity

Re: Ironton

Post by laser breath »

I guess talking about kid is not good but daddy is ok.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:57 am Y'all should just make a pact to go dark and silent through at least Week 3 next year.

All of this speculation and whispering does zero for the program.

If they change coaches just stay silent. If they don't change coaches just stay silent. Hell there is like 3 Ironton 2018 threads already.

No matter the coach this is a multi-year process to be competitive again.
abe, who peed in your cheerios. i'll say one thing for tiger fans. you burgites couldn't do diddly squat with the tigers up till 2007. winning only like 3 games against the tigers till then when lutz coached. but never once did I ever hear not 1 single tiger fan say that we should stop the series with the burg, or call your team or program a ''DUMPSTER FIRE'' as I have heard so many of you say through the years. we respected the pirates, we knew we were beating a very good quality opponent all those years, and we were honored to have you on the schedule. because generally after the tigers beat you, you always won 8/9 more games. ---------------------------- now the roles have reversed, but I have seen nothing but respect for the burg from tigers fans. since lutz retired we get it, you have owned us. but that wasn't the case for 30 years or so. and if you have to ask me who the classier fans were in this regard, then refer to my post. I have nothing but respect for your program, and have became jealous, but the burg is way in the tigers rear view mirror as far as overall playoff games, regional and final 4 and state title games. -------------- but I give ya'll props, you been there twice you won it twice. and your program is hitting on all cylinders. I think the general public and southeastern ohio would like to see some of the posters here wear it a lil better. to get respect you have to earn respect. and for people who bully, make fun of, and belittle a program like ironton's past. and laugh at comparison's between the 2. frankly it seems like it's all you do. you start an ironton topic, it is riddled with burg posters making fun of ironton. you guys start a burg topic, and if an ironton poster gets on it, they generally post something classy and in support of the pirates. so abe go soak your foo foo in some rum and hibernate. this site is for adults.
Simply suggesting that all the noise generated about coaching and transfers etc, etc isn't helping and maybe just cool it, let the thing work itself out naturally - you know like adults do - to use your words.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:59 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 pm

It’s 17-11 in favor of Ironton but we are coming like a freight train and looking like that’s not going to change in the foreseeable future. And your post earlier about Burg being WAY in the rear view mirror on playoff appearances and wins you might wanna take another look in that rear view mirror...remember, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Burg is closer in the playoffs than the overall series. Ironton 33 appearances, Burg 29

that's one cool post and I love the mirror comment. I'd be curious as tosee the difference between ironton's playoff wins and burg's because frankly I have no idea. that would be very interesting to look at. the 2 teams are continuously be compared anyway. the common denominator in the comments that I keep hearing when I'm out is ''burg is what ironton was''. I can't tell you how many people have told me this in person and on here n facebook. it's only natural to compare the 2, as they are the 2 most accomplished programs in our part of the state. and that's no slight on ny, logan, Jackson Portsmouth or anybody else. ironton and burg have 2 state titles apiece, ny has 1. and nobody else in these parts has any yet.any conversation about burg and ironton has these comments of some sort involved. one thing for sure, this part of the state has produced 5 state titles, and they make plenty of noise in the playoffs every year. and I can't think of any private schools in our area that size. which makes the accomplishments in my mind more relevant. I would love to see the tigers back at a performance level that burg/ironton is the game of the year in these parts. which was likely burg/west, then burg/Jackson. the biggie for ironton as far as league games was ironton/fairland and ironton/coal grove. as far as the league race.
nothing wrong with comparing the 2 programs which is inevitable at this point. and with ironton having a slimming lead in the series at 17-11 I'm told. we better get ready to row the boat harder.
Ironton 45 wins, Burg 35 wins. Ironton still has the edge on everything but state titles and record in state championship games. Burg is 2-0 and Ironton is 2-6. Everything else, Ironton still leads
that's cool to know. these teams will always be compared no way around it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm
#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:59 am

that's one cool post and I love the mirror comment. I'd be curious as tosee the difference between ironton's playoff wins and burg's because frankly I have no idea. that would be very interesting to look at. the 2 teams are continuously be compared anyway. the common denominator in the comments that I keep hearing when I'm out is ''burg is what ironton was''. I can't tell you how many people have told me this in person and on here n facebook. it's only natural to compare the 2, as they are the 2 most accomplished programs in our part of the state. and that's no slight on ny, logan, Jackson Portsmouth or anybody else. ironton and burg have 2 state titles apiece, ny has 1. and nobody else in these parts has any yet.any conversation about burg and ironton has these comments of some sort involved. one thing for sure, this part of the state has produced 5 state titles, and they make plenty of noise in the playoffs every year. and I can't think of any private schools in our area that size. which makes the accomplishments in my mind more relevant. I would love to see the tigers back at a performance level that burg/ironton is the game of the year in these parts. which was likely burg/west, then burg/Jackson. the biggie for ironton as far as league games was ironton/fairland and ironton/coal grove. as far as the league race.
nothing wrong with comparing the 2 programs which is inevitable at this point. and with ironton having a slimming lead in the series at 17-11 I'm told. we better get ready to row the boat harder.
Ironton 45 wins, Burg 35 wins. Ironton still has the edge on everything but state titles and record in state championship games. Burg is 2-0 and Ironton is 2-6. Everything else, Ironton still leads
that's cool to know. these teams will always be compared no way around it.
Yes, this is the game I always look forward to the most. It’s better when both teams were competitive. For years Ironton killed us, then it got competitive for a while with close games and now the shoe is on the other foot. Ironton has the talent so not sure what the problem is

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they have had some epic battles that came down to the last tick both ways with standing room only crowds and some blowouts both ways and that's what it takes to make a rivalry.in the end it's still good for southern ohio football.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

So is Vass leaving or not? I would think if the board was going to terminate his contract they would have already done it.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

May be waiting for the supplemental contract to come up for renewal.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Shane Falco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 pm So is Vass leaving or not? I would think if the board was going to terminate his contract they would have already done it.
He's not leaving, the kids want him to stay too.

This will be his second year of implementing his new Offensive system, should be improved with everyone that he has returning, isn't this the Offense that everyone says Ironton should run and get away from the smash mouth run system that worked for decades. Well, it's going to take a little time to perfect it. I'm just going to support the kids and Coach and see how it goes.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree it takes time to implement but when you don't practice at all levels then it is not going to work. By the way what is wrong with running the ball. It does not have to be the T it can be various running formations.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Game day wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:12 am I agree it takes time to implement but when you don't practice at all levels then it is not going to work. By the way what is wrong with running the ball. It does not have to be the T it can be various running formations.
So the peewee or jr high does not run the same system as the high school? That’s a big red flag right from start. Introduce it to the lower grades to where it becomes second nature to them by the time they hit varsity.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am
Game day wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:12 am I agree it takes time to implement but when you don't practice at all levels then it is not going to work. By the way what is wrong with running the ball. It does not have to be the T it can be various running formations.
So the peewee or jr high does not run the same system as the high school? That’s a big red flag right from start. Introduce it to the lower grades to where it becomes second nature to them by the time they hit varsity.
That would help but isn't always necessary. The youth need to be learning the fundamentals of the game. Some schools like Coldwater don't until they are in junior high. Now if the junior high isn't running the basics then you have a problem.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers Football Outlook

Post by mattash »

Numbers?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers Football Outlook

I AM HEARING AROUND 40 BOSS.

Return to “Football”