2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers Football Outlook

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Kleao wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:27 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 am
Kleao wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 am

Tom I think your gig of sitting on a computer day in and day out bashing kids that you know nothing about is pretty pathetic! Find something else to do!
kleeo-I'm not bashing anybody, we want to see a better quality program ran.whether I can get to the games or not. I'd probably faint if you were able to actually show me a post where I was bashing a player. you won't find it. questioning coaching and success as far as wins n losses --- the only reason you think that's all me. is nobody but a handful of us are even posting anymore about ironton football anymore.and when someone does start a post. it's 90% pirate fans posting on it. then you guys get on them like this, and they are simply finding better ways to spend their time. it happens to me every off season. I can handle it. the whole town wants to see ironton's program get better. if you were a fan you would know.there is nothing derogatory about discussing coaches, programs, wins n losses and in a tactful way saying it's time for a change. and unfortunately when it's winter i keep up with the place inside and have few other options but piddle on the computer, but it's not time spent bashing anybody, but feel free to look through the archives.if urban meyer has a 4-6 season at ironton you'd be looking for a change and asking why, and wanting a better product on the field. NUFF SAID -------------- if people like you spent more time trying to be positive and try to make people's day better. you might be surprised what happens around you.
If you think anything you post on here is positive you are more deranged than I suspected. Do you think that players don’t get on here and read the negative post? Let me tell you they do. How about you support these boys win or lose! They don’t control who their coaches are. If you have a problem with the coaches, fine! But leave the boys that work their butts off on and off season out of your bashing. Hearing bashing coming from their own and community and “fans” does nothing for their moral. Their isn’t anybody that wants to win and be successful more than the boys out on that field. So take your own advice and start being positive for these boys and don’t stir the pot with your BS. They don’t control who the board hires for the coaching staff.
now I'd like to address this. --------------- it's alarming that people that may or may not even know you that they can make false blanket claims for the world to see, but I'm your huckleberry this one time. 1st off of course players see what everybody posts because of the instant effect of the social media , as with this site, facebook, twitter and a million other places. and obviously the players and coaches are doing the best they can. nobody risks serious injury like that every play, or devotes their summers and falls to the practices, the weightlifting. somebody mentioned wheelersburg has ninety players and ironton doesn't. I can't change that, they are the same size schools. burg is just getting more success with their players n coaches obviously. so it becomes a topic. and because of the continued downfall, it gets discussed. I have no idea if the wins or losses are a reflection of effort, knowledge, socio-- economics or what. but the 2 programs get compared every day, because they are on top of each other practically and geographically and the each have 2 state titles. and obviously nobody wants success more than the coaches and players. I like each and every person on ironton's staff. and I love kids enough to have coached youth football as well. faith, family and football n fishin is my life. I have been positive about the tigers more than anybody here. even in games where we had no chance I still brought out good points from the game.and perhaps sources is obviously the wrong word to have chosen as far as somebody having an ironton football conversation with me. it makes me sound like I'm investigating and trying to cause havoc, which is not at all the case. I just want to see the best for the players, the program and the league. there is nothing negative in that. I have never been derogatory towards a player. but I'm completely guilty of questioning coaches. it's human nature. I been watching football since I was in the womb. that makes me no different than anyone. it is alarming that someone can publically say something defaming and derogatory, and hide behind a user name and spread a blanket of lies towards another. and I've never done that. I've had 1 user name since 2005. I try to be positive and uplifting. I'm not responsible for ironton football's success or lack thereof. but i'll always be a fighting tiger no matter whether I can get to the games or not. but I think enough people know me to know better. and I stand by the fact my posts reflect that. so not a few posters that I seem to be a thorn in their side will not judge me. I have no malice with anyone here, period. if the town of ironton talking football is offensive to outsiders so be it. they want nothing more than success just like the next fan or team. and someone mentioned sitting on facebook all day. I looked before I got on here and I have 4989 friends on facebook and you can only have 5,000. and my group page tom''ozzie''Osborne has 5,425 friends. so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot more people know the real me than a few trouble makers here. the world hates Christians and I'm no exception to that. I'm more of a target because I proclaim Christ to everyone I met, here and elsewhere. facebook friends are there by choice, they were not badgered to be my friends. and they also are accountable for what they say there because their name is attached. so if you want to see the real me, visit, call me, or actually check my facebook page. tom Osborne 57 waverly, ohio. I think you'll see differently. and for those who say I love to talk about myself. I'm just blessed to be hear, I love to talk about Christ, and other things I love. and the only time I'm talking about me here is when some other person is defacing me publically. so any future slander, just please go back to this post for re-assurance that I'm not who a small handful want to make me out to be. I invite people here all the time, and I'd give people the shirt off my back.i love ya'll merry Christmas and. I hope you have a wonderful 2018, YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 am
JTEK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:38 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 am

abe, who peed in your cheerios. i'll say one thing for tiger fans. you burgites couldn't do diddly squat with the tigers up till 2007. winning only like 3 games against the tigers till then when lutz coached. but never once did I ever hear not 1 single tiger fan say that we should stop the series with the burg, or call your team or program a ''DUMPSTER FIRE'' as I have heard so many of you say through the years. we respected the pirates, we knew we were beating a very good quality opponent all those years, and we were honored to have you on the schedule. because generally after the tigers beat you, you always won 8/9 more games. ---------------------------- now the roles have reversed, but I have seen nothing but respect for the burg from tigers fans. since lutz retired we get it, you have owned us. but that wasn't the case for 30 years or so. and if you have to ask me who the classier fans were in this regard, then refer to my post. I have nothing but respect for your program, and have became jealous, but the burg is way in the tigers rear view mirror as far as overall playoff games, regional and final 4 and state title games. -------------- but I give ya'll props, you been there twice you won it twice. and your program is hitting on all cylinders. I think the general public and southeastern ohio would like to see some of the posters here wear it a lil better. to get respect you have to earn respect. and for people who bully, make fun of, and belittle a program like ironton's past. and laugh at comparison's between the 2. frankly it seems like it's all you do. you start an ironton topic, it is riddled with burg posters making fun of ironton. you guys start a burg topic, and if an ironton poster gets on it, they generally post something classy and in support of the pirates. so abe go soak your foo foo in some rum and hibernate. this site is for adults.
Burg had a little more success against the tigers than your giving them credit for. I think they actually won 3 out of 4 in the late 90’s but here’s the difference between then and now. Just about all those matchups were vey competitive and usually decided in the 4th. The games now are decided long before half.
ironton had a 13-3 advantage jtek, until 2007, and since then I'm told it has evened to 17-11 still in ironton's favor. but the burg is hard charging and overwhelming us of late. but it has been a great series, with both teams having some nailbitin finishes, and some major blowouts both ways. but it is still good for southern ohio. and ironton's losses in no way affected the burg as far as standings and region wise.as many keep claiming, although every body wants to see close competitive hair raisers again week 1.
You need to add one to burg win total. Left out 96

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 am If this kid leaves for Burg I hope he realizes he will only play one way!
And ready for his dad to text the coach during the game to tell him where his son needs to be playing and running the ball! You think Burgs coach will be ok with IBTT texting him during games?

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Why would a coach be carrying a cell phone during a game?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If it is Ironton Coach probably some advise. lol

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Kleao wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm
Game day wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 am If this kid leaves for Burg I hope he realizes he will only play one way!
And ready for his dad to text the coach during the game to tell him where his son needs to be playing and running the ball! You think Burgs coach will be ok with IBTT texting him during games?
Burg is a daddy-ball free zone. Ain't no one got time for that.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:59 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 pm AS FAR AS THE WHEELERSBURG SERIES, HERE'S WHAT I FOUND.
82 IRONTON 29-14 LUTZ
83 IRONTON 28-14 LUTZ
94 IRONTON 14-7 LUTZ
95 IRONTON 36-12 ---------------PLAYOFFS IRONTON 41-8 LUTZ
97-IRONTON 10-7 LUTZ
98 BURG 10-7
99- BURG 10-7
00-IRONTON 10-3 LUTZ
01- IRONTON 42-0 LUTZ
02-IRONTON 24-9 LUTZ
03-IRONTON 22-10 LUTZ
04-IRONTON 21-0 LUTZ
05-IRONTON 7-6 LUTZ
06- IRONTON 24-21 TRIPLETT
07-BURG 39-6.

THAT WAS 13 WINS FOR IRONTON 3 FOR BURG. SO TO THAT POINT IRONTON WAS 13-3 IN A SERIES THAT STARTED IN 1982. THAT'S FROM IRONTON FOOTBALL.COM. I'M NOT SURE PAST 2007 HAVE WE EVEN WON ANY OF THEM. --------------- BUT YOU CAN GO FROM 2007 AND SEE WHAT THE ACTUAL SERIES RECORD IS SINCE THEN. I'D ACTUALLY LIKE TO SEE IT MYSELF IT MUST BE NEARLTY TIED UP. SO IT'S BEEN AN EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE SERIES OVER ALL. FROM 82-07 IRONTON WON 13-BURG WON 3. SINCE LUTZ RETIRED IN 07 I AM NOT SORE IF WE HAVE WON ANY. WE WERE UP 10 IN THE SERIES. AND BURG HAS BEATEN US LIKE A DRUM SINCE , SOMETIMES 2X IN A SEASON. MY GUESS IS BURG HAS ACTUALLY PASSED US. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO FIND OUT.
It’s 17-11 in favor of Ironton but we are coming like a freight train and looking like that’s not going to change in the foreseeable future. And your post earlier about Burg being WAY in the rear view mirror on playoff appearances and wins you might wanna take another look in that rear view mirror...remember, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Burg is closer in the playoffs than the overall series. Ironton 33 appearances, Burg 29

that's one cool post and I love the mirror comment. I'd be curious as tosee the difference between ironton's playoff wins and burg's because frankly I have no idea. that would be very interesting to look at. the 2 teams are continuously be compared anyway. the common denominator in the comments that I keep hearing when I'm out is ''burg is what ironton was''. I can't tell you how many people have told me this in person and on here n facebook. it's only natural to compare the 2, as they are the 2 most accomplished programs in our part of the state. and that's no slight on ny, logan, Jackson Portsmouth or anybody else. ironton and burg have 2 state titles apiece, ny has 1. and nobody else in these parts has any yet.any conversation about burg and ironton has these comments of some sort involved. one thing for sure, this part of the state has produced 5 state titles, and they make plenty of noise in the playoffs every year. and I can't think of any private schools in our area that size. which makes the accomplishments in my mind more relevant. I would love to see the tigers back at a performance level that burg/ironton is the game of the year in these parts. which was likely burg/west, then burg/Jackson. the biggie for ironton as far as league games was ironton/fairland and ironton/coal grove. as far as the league race.
nothing wrong with comparing the 2 programs which is inevitable at this point. and with ironton having a slimming lead in the series at 17-11 I'm told. we better get ready to row the boat harder.
Ironton 45 wins, Burg 35 wins. Ironton still has the edge on everything but state titles and record in state championship games. Burg is 2-0 and Ironton is 2-6. Everything else, Ironton still leads
Last edited by #ReachHigher on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm
I’m trying to figure out how people know this information. Lol. I never knew my coaches number in high school let alone know if someone else knew it. I guess things have changed.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

laser breath wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm

I’m trying to figure out how people know this information. Lol. I never knew my coaches number in high school let alone know if someone else knew it. I guess things have changed.
Doesn’t matter if they know it or not. He won’t get no special treatment if he comes here, so he better just stay at Ironton if daddy wants to tell the coach what to do

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Let's keep this topic mature and wish this young man success next year no matter where he plays.
He is a fine football player and I only hope the place he decides to play gives him a stress and politic free environment to make some memories.
Sports is memories and fun not the only thing life offers.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

I guess talking about kid is not good but daddy is ok.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:57 am Y'all should just make a pact to go dark and silent through at least Week 3 next year.

All of this speculation and whispering does zero for the program.

If they change coaches just stay silent. If they don't change coaches just stay silent. Hell there is like 3 Ironton 2018 threads already.

No matter the coach this is a multi-year process to be competitive again.
abe, who peed in your cheerios. i'll say one thing for tiger fans. you burgites couldn't do diddly squat with the tigers up till 2007. winning only like 3 games against the tigers till then when lutz coached. but never once did I ever hear not 1 single tiger fan say that we should stop the series with the burg, or call your team or program a ''DUMPSTER FIRE'' as I have heard so many of you say through the years. we respected the pirates, we knew we were beating a very good quality opponent all those years, and we were honored to have you on the schedule. because generally after the tigers beat you, you always won 8/9 more games. ---------------------------- now the roles have reversed, but I have seen nothing but respect for the burg from tigers fans. since lutz retired we get it, you have owned us. but that wasn't the case for 30 years or so. and if you have to ask me who the classier fans were in this regard, then refer to my post. I have nothing but respect for your program, and have became jealous, but the burg is way in the tigers rear view mirror as far as overall playoff games, regional and final 4 and state title games. -------------- but I give ya'll props, you been there twice you won it twice. and your program is hitting on all cylinders. I think the general public and southeastern ohio would like to see some of the posters here wear it a lil better. to get respect you have to earn respect. and for people who bully, make fun of, and belittle a program like ironton's past. and laugh at comparison's between the 2. frankly it seems like it's all you do. you start an ironton topic, it is riddled with burg posters making fun of ironton. you guys start a burg topic, and if an ironton poster gets on it, they generally post something classy and in support of the pirates. so abe go soak your foo foo in some rum and hibernate. this site is for adults.
Simply suggesting that all the noise generated about coaching and transfers etc, etc isn't helping and maybe just cool it, let the thing work itself out naturally - you know like adults do - to use your words.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm
#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 pm

It’s 17-11 in favor of Ironton but we are coming like a freight train and looking like that’s not going to change in the foreseeable future. And your post earlier about Burg being WAY in the rear view mirror on playoff appearances and wins you might wanna take another look in that rear view mirror...remember, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Burg is closer in the playoffs than the overall series. Ironton 33 appearances, Burg 29

that's one cool post and I love the mirror comment. I'd be curious as tosee the difference between ironton's playoff wins and burg's because frankly I have no idea. that would be very interesting to look at. the 2 teams are continuously be compared anyway. the common denominator in the comments that I keep hearing when I'm out is ''burg is what ironton was''. I can't tell you how many people have told me this in person and on here n facebook. it's only natural to compare the 2, as they are the 2 most accomplished programs in our part of the state. and that's no slight on ny, logan, Jackson Portsmouth or anybody else. ironton and burg have 2 state titles apiece, ny has 1. and nobody else in these parts has any yet.any conversation about burg and ironton has these comments of some sort involved. one thing for sure, this part of the state has produced 5 state titles, and they make plenty of noise in the playoffs every year. and I can't think of any private schools in our area that size. which makes the accomplishments in my mind more relevant. I would love to see the tigers back at a performance level that burg/ironton is the game of the year in these parts. which was likely burg/west, then burg/Jackson. the biggie for ironton as far as league games was ironton/fairland and ironton/coal grove. as far as the league race.
nothing wrong with comparing the 2 programs which is inevitable at this point. and with ironton having a slimming lead in the series at 17-11 I'm told. we better get ready to row the boat harder.
Ironton 45 wins, Burg 35 wins. Ironton still has the edge on everything but state titles and record in state championship games. Burg is 2-0 and Ironton is 2-6. Everything else, Ironton still leads
that's cool to know. these teams will always be compared no way around it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm
#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm

that's cool to know. these teams will always be compared no way around it.
Yes, this is the game I always look forward to the most. It’s better when both teams were competitive. For years Ironton killed us, then it got competitive for a while with close games and now the shoe is on the other foot. Ironton has the talent so not sure what the problem is

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they have had some epic battles that came down to the last tick both ways with standing room only crowds and some blowouts both ways and that's what it takes to make a rivalry.in the end it's still good for southern ohio football.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

So is Vass leaving or not? I would think if the board was going to terminate his contract they would have already done it.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

May be waiting for the supplemental contract to come up for renewal.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Shane Falco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 pm So is Vass leaving or not? I would think if the board was going to terminate his contract they would have already done it.
He's not leaving, the kids want him to stay too.

This will be his second year of implementing his new Offensive system, should be improved with everyone that he has returning, isn't this the Offense that everyone says Ironton should run and get away from the smash mouth run system that worked for decades. Well, it's going to take a little time to perfect it. I'm just going to support the kids and Coach and see how it goes.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree it takes time to implement but when you don't practice at all levels then it is not going to work. By the way what is wrong with running the ball. It does not have to be the T it can be various running formations.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Game day wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:12 am I agree it takes time to implement but when you don't practice at all levels then it is not going to work. By the way what is wrong with running the ball. It does not have to be the T it can be various running formations.
So the peewee or jr high does not run the same system as the high school? That’s a big red flag right from start. Introduce it to the lower grades to where it becomes second nature to them by the time they hit varsity.

Return to “Football”