2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers Football Outlook

Otto
JV Team

Re: Ironton

Post by Otto »

If this happens, I know of a certain fan base that will be VERY upset. Like throwing gas on the fire!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Why would a kid transfer for his Senior year, crazy if you ask me.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Not confirmed but have heard Ironton QB and another player will be enrolling at Raceland. Fairly reliable source though.

If the BOE does not fire or announce they are not renewing the contract of Vass, the talent that is left at Ironton will be gone. They need to make a move now or prepare for Sophomores and Freshmen leading the team next year.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Don't believe everything you hear.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm Why would a kid transfer for his Senior year, crazy if you ask me.
why wouldn't he ? Lol

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Game day wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 pm I have no idea but if he does we will be a linemen. Too much talent at Burg for him to be linebacker or a running back.
you're crazy! He would definitely be a linebacker. Kid is a stud

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

The Wilson boy has been going to transfer somewhere every year. His dad threatens every year. The dad felt his son didn’t get enough carries this year. His dad is definitely not a team player. He doesn’t care what is best for a team. Wilson is a great kid. It’s his dad that runs his mouth about everything! His mom and stepdad are great people too. His dad is upset because Tanner was only honorable mentions this year.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Nut wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 pm
Game day wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 pm I have no idea but if he does we will be a linemen. Too much talent at Burg for him to be linebacker or a running back.
you're crazy! He would definitely be a linebacker. Kid is a stud
I won't run down the kid but his linebacker play is average. But maybe his Senior year with some better coaching that will improve greatly. The entire Ironton defense has trouble reading and flowing to the ball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm hearing the same thing about the transfers I'm hearing 4 are leaving. and I too had a very reliable source tell me this, in fact more than 1 has told me this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Y'all should just make a pact to go dark and silent through at least Week 3 next year.

All of this speculation and whispering does zero for the program.

If they change coaches just stay silent. If they don't change coaches just stay silent. Hell there is like 3 Ironton 2018 threads already.

No matter the coach this is a multi-year process to be competitive again.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 am I'm hearing the same thing about the transfers I'm hearing 4 are leaving. and I too had a very reliable source tell me this, in fact more than 1 has told me this.
I guess we'll see who's source is more reliable, I'm hearing none are leaving IF Vass stays, and it's looking like he's staying.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Well if this comes to pass the Wheelersburg threads will be fun with IBTT leading the parade :lol:

Sometimes your best teams aren't the most talented. If the players and their families haven't "bought in", it won't work. If players, families, and supporters are using the threat of players transferring as a reason to change coaches that is extremely bad.

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Hope this isn't true. My Tigers have a chance to be good next year if healthy and the kids stay put where they belong. Unfortunately, in this world we live in, people like to take the easy way out and the rich seem to get richer. Not sure how fulfilling that could be.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:44 pm Hope this isn't true. My Tigers have a chance to be good next year if healthy and the kids stay put where they belong. Unfortunately, in this world we live in, people like to take the easy way out and the rich seem to get richer. Not sure how fulfilling that could be.
IBTT threatens to take his son somewhere else every year. He has never been a team player.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:47 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 am I'm hearing the same thing about the transfers I'm hearing 4 are leaving. and I too had a very reliable source tell me this, in fact more than 1 has told me this.
I guess we'll see who's source is more reliable, I'm hearing none are leaving.
I promise you that YOU’RE TIGER BAIT sources aren’t as reliable as he claims. He just gets on here to stir the pot and cause trouble. He probably doesn’t even talk to any people from Ironton and certainly not anyone that has any inside information. I don’t believe most of the crap he post about. His inside source is probably IBTT!

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Week one will be a tough assignment but they should be in the thick of the OVC race. Ashland has ran roughshod over the Tigers on the scoreboard for several seasons. These seniors need to get that corrected. If they win their conference and beat either Russell or Ashland then they would be playing in week 11.

Ironton returns a ton.

RT - Topping
lG - Humphreys
RG - C. Rowe
LT - B. Rowe
QB - Salyers
RB - Fosson
RB - Duncan
FB - T. Wilson
WR - E. Wilson
WR - Thomas
WR - R. Carrico

DE - Humphreys
DT - C. Rowe
DT - Topping
DE - Fosson
LB - Duncan
LB - Wilson
CB - Thomas
CB - E. Wilson
S - Salyers

P - Duncan
K - Unger

Several others saw plenty of playing time last year such as White at guard and defensive tackle, Barnes at WR and QB, Deer at LB and RB and B. Rowe at DT.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

As long as Vass is there the whole team will be average. Unless he gets some new coaches and his work habits need to change. Watch weight conditioning and old men left better than the Ironton kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I guess we'll see who's source is more reliable, I'm hearing none are leaving IF Vass stays, and it's looking like he's staying.
that would be awesome my friend, I hope they all stay. I hope next year is much better. and I hope ironton football regains it's luster. I want nothing more for them than much more success.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:57 am Y'all should just make a pact to go dark and silent through at least Week 3 next year.

All of this speculation and whispering does zero for the program.

If they change coaches just stay silent. If they don't change coaches just stay silent. Hell there is like 3 Ironton 2018 threads already.

No matter the coach this is a multi-year process to be competitive again.
abe, who peed in your cheerios. i'll say one thing for tiger fans. you burgites couldn't do diddly squat with the tigers up till 2007. winning only like 3 games against the tigers till then when lutz coached. but never once did I ever hear not 1 single tiger fan say that we should stop the series with the burg, or call your team or program a ''DUMPSTER FIRE'' as I have heard so many of you say through the years. we respected the pirates, we knew we were beating a very good quality opponent all those years, and we were honored to have you on the schedule. because generally after the tigers beat you, you always won 8/9 more games. ---------------------------- now the roles have reversed, but I have seen nothing but respect for the burg from tigers fans. since lutz retired we get it, you have owned us. but that wasn't the case for 30 years or so. and if you have to ask me who the classier fans were in this regard, then refer to my post. I have nothing but respect for your program, and have became jealous, but the burg is way in the tigers rear view mirror as far as overall playoff games, regional and final 4 and state title games. -------------- but I give ya'll props, you been there twice you won it twice. and your program is hitting on all cylinders. I think the general public and southeastern ohio would like to see some of the posters here wear it a lil better. to get respect you have to earn respect. and for people who bully, make fun of, and belittle a program like ironton's past. and laugh at comparison's between the 2. frankly it seems like it's all you do. you start an ironton topic, it is riddled with burg posters making fun of ironton. you guys start a burg topic, and if an ironton poster gets on it, they generally post something classy and in support of the pirates. so abe go soak your foo foo in some rum and hibernate. this site is for adults.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Kleao wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:35 pm
I guess we'll see who's source is more reliable, I'm hearing none are leaving.
I promise you that YOU’RE TIGER BAIT sources aren’t as reliable as he claims. He just gets on here to stir the pot and cause trouble. He probably doesn’t even talk to any people from Ironton and certainly not anyone that has any inside information. I don’t believe most of the crap he post about. His inside source is probably IBTT!
AND I PROMISE YOU, YOU ARE AS LOST AS LAST YEAR'S EASTER EGGS. I WANT NOTHING MORE THAN FOR IRONTON FOOTBALL TO RETURN TO THE GLORY DAYS, OR AT LEAST SHOWING SOME GROWTH AND POSITIVE DIRECTION. AND GET A NEW GIG KLEEO THIS ONE DON'T LOOK GOOD ON YOU. :lol:

Return to “Football”