State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I figured out how to purchase watching the game here in Orlando about 4minutes before kickoff.

It was such a great game and both teams had incredible defenses. Definitely one of the best FB games I’ve ever seen!

I am so thrilled for the kids and community of Wheelersburg!
Great job!

Thanks for opening the eyes of northern Ohio that southeast Ohio FB is still in the map!

Good luck in roundball too!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm I knew our QB was injured, but his fibula was broken. Pretty tough to limp around for nearly a half on a broken bone.
That's Tim Tebow stuff right there. My son has a book about Tebow and he played 2 1/2 quarters with a broken leg in highschool. I believe it was the upper part of his leg.
Hat's off to the young man.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I know Burg has a lot coming back. It's going to be hard replacing some of those seniors. The games I watched Burg play, Carmichael was a great leader.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

How did the freshman do this year ? You need good new blood to keep the train rolling.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 pm I know Burg has a lot coming back. It's going to be hard replacing some of those seniors. The games I watched Burg play, Carmichael was a great leader.
Yes he was. From the time he was a Sophomore he was leading. He will surely be missed. I think Dahm will take over the defensive side of the ball but Donini has that attitude the Defense lives off of. I’m excited to see what happens next year. Should be some more good things happening.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I am happy that I was able to watch every game this year especially the playoff games I got to witness something special just like in 89 I was at all of those games also. Proud to be a Pirate and cant imagine the feeling those players have just want to congragulate all the players, coaches and everyone who played a part in a great season. Aslo excited about next year cant wait! WAY TO GO PIRATES!

Burg grad 85
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:11 am
4thgoal wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm I knew our QB was injured, but his fibula was broken. Pretty tough to limp around for nearly a half on a broken bone.
I hate to hear that 4th. I hope he has a successful rehab and surgery, if needed, is he a senior. he's tougher than a .59 cent t bone.
He’s only a junior. He will miss some B ball but he will definitely be back next year to defend that state title. More good things still to come.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Since SVT couldn’t come on here and say it. Here it is from Yappi
Attachments
D7AD7687-57A9-4BB3-B893-6783E281EE00.png

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

what do ya expect of a single mother jolly???? She busy as hell, ain’t got time to be on both sites like us lazy dudes

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am Donini absolutely deserves the credit!!! Haven’t found a picture yet of it. Looking though

Hey Jolly Pirate. You ole Scallywag——I’m watching the game on YouTube. Post a link. I’m terrible at it. Much better at stealing and pasting.

I searched Wheelersburg on YouTube and it came up.
Finally got thru my recording of the game and the sheriff did knock the ball out but I truly think 52 for burg when tackling the kid started the fumble by pulling on his arm and then moved his hand up to the shoulder and the ball was totally exposed for the shoulder hit from Sheriff. All this in like 2 seconds as he was pulling the runner to the ground. Unbelievable

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 pm That’s what state finals are supposed to look like. Way to go Pirates!!!! Just think next season at the first home game when the announcer says “and here’s your Defending Division V State Champions... The Wheelersburg Pirates!!!” Cannons booming, music blaring, and the crowd a rocking. Can’t say enough how proud we are you!!!
The Best part about that........ Ironton has to hear it. Lmao
This Ironton Fighting Tiger fan will be more than happy to sit and hear it all, it's awesome that a State Championship has made it's way back to Southeastern Ohio. Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on getting it done, you all earned it.

Congrats Pirates........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:13 pm
That's Tim Tebow stuff right there. My son has a book about Tebow and he played 2 1/2 quarters with a broken leg in highschool. I believe it was the upper part of his leg.
Hat's off to the young man.
I read that book it was awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 pm That’s what state finals are supposed to look like. Way to go Pirates!!!! Just think next season at the first home game when the announcer says “and here’s your Defending Division V State Champions... The Wheelersburg Pirates!!!” Cannons booming, music blaring, and the crowd a rocking. Can’t say enough how proud we are you!!!
The Best part about that........ Ironton has to hear it. Lmao
This Ironton Fighting Tiger fan will be more than happy to sit and hear it all, it's awesome that a State Championship has made it's way back to Southeastern Ohio. Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on getting it done, you all earned it.

Congrats Pirates........
same here buckeye.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

great job

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Ironton our neighs to the east , that little obscure has been, I was told there has been no mention of the Burg playoff run or about the championship In there paper. I say. remind them of this next fall

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

callie15 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm Ironton our neighs to the east , that little obscure has been, I was told there has been no mention of the Burg playoff run or about the championship In there paper. I say. remind them of this next fall
Give it a couple more days, it took them 5 days to get the Ironton Lady Fighting Tigers first Basketball game in the paper.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm
callie15 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm Ironton our neighs to the east , that little obscure has been, I was told there has been no mention of the Burg playoff run or about the championship In there paper. I say. remind them of this next fall
Give it a couple more days, it took them 5 days to get the Ironton Lady Fighting Tigers first Basketball game in the paper.
I have tons of Ironton fans on my Facebook and I have posted all Burg stuff on there for the last month and a half. No good luck, no best of wishes, no congratulations after winning...NOTHING! Yes, remind them this fall with another 45+ beat down!

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Is ironton paper owned by the same people that runs the portsmouth times . Sounds like it.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm
I have tons of Ironton fans on my Facebook and I have posted all Burg stuff on there for the last month and a half. No good luck, no best of wishes, no congratulations after winning...NOTHING! Yes, remind them this fall with another 45+ beat down!
I am on facebook every morning......and I have not seen one word about the Burg.....not one word.......again not one word.......so please give the Ironton fans a break with that sh!t........I get enuff of the the Burg stuff on this forum without reading it on facebook..........and I will send congrats to the team and the coaches on winning the championship
but I owe you nothing so bring your 45+ beatdown on.....it is not the first beatdown I have witnessed in my 77 years and it wont be the last......

burgfan2019
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2019 »

#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm
I don't write posts on here much, mainly just like reading what everyone has to say. I also have a lot of Friends from Ironton on Facebook (which I have worked with most of them over the years). One of which Posted about how the Bdubs was rocking when we won the state title. After posting a picture from after the game I got all kinds of congratulations from those from Ironton. Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Finally Congrats to the coaching staff and The entire Wheelersburg Football team, what a journey it was this year. I have watched these Seniors, Juniors and some of the Sophomores grow up and I could be more proud of each and everyone of them.

Return to “Football”