State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I met burg fan flipper808 at menards in chillicothe the day of the state game. seemed like an awesome person.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Did anyone else notice some of the Eastwood faithful leaving before their trophy was even presented to them? I thought that was rude! Those guys played their hearts out and just because it didn’t turn out the way they wanted, some bailed on them. I was even cheering them on from our side when they were getting their trophy presented to them

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

As far as repeating next year...this kind of goes hand in hand I think. I had never really thought about it this way until I heard Urban Meyer talking about how invaluable bowl games were for younger players. Not so much the game but all the extra weeks of practicing and such. Our seniors graduating will be tough to replace (51-4!) but those juniors, and soph's just got an extra 5 weeks of training! Do the freshman that continue to dress for the games continue to practice as well? I know of at least one freshman that got in during the game against Johnstown so I figure he was practicing the entire time but how about the rest of them?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 pm As far as repeating next year...this kind of goes hand in hand I think. I had never really thought about it this way until I heard Urban Meyer talking about how invaluable bowl games were for younger players. Not so much the game but all the extra weeks of practicing and such. Our seniors graduating will be tough to replace (51-4!) but those juniors, and soph's just got an extra 5 weeks of training! Do the freshman that continue to dress for the games continue to practice as well? I know of at least one freshman that got in during the game against Johnstown so I figure he was practicing the entire time but how about the rest of them?
Yes they continue to practice. I agree, that extra practice is invaluable and the ones who played got an extra half a season of experience.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by wobycat »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:29 pm Strength of Schedule is irrelevant. Both teams have went undefeated to this point, so they’ve done what they needed to do. You win four playoff games,you’re probably a good football team. I’m picking burg until a team can actually use the run game without having great field position and score on them. Two rushing touchdowns in great field position mind you is all they have given up and they have played 3 out of 4 outstanding running teams. Eastwood will be no different. This game will come down to turnovers and field position. Whoever wins that wins the he game, if one handles the other fairly easily then the true champion will show.
I think I was fairly close on this one. Eastwood's two touchdowns came on great starting field position. I think I heard that the average at halftime was burg 22 yard line to Eastwood 44 yard line starting field position, which I doubt changed in the second half. The game came down to a turnover. Two great teams that both deserved to win in my opinion.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the State Champions Pirates of Wheelersburg

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

It’s still celebration time Pirates. Made us a video. Go check it out and don’t forget to share....https://youtu.be/5zV7bX6ud40

Return to “Football”