State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 pm That’s what state finals are supposed to look like. Way to go Pirates!!!! Just think next season at the first home game when the announcer says “and here’s your Defending Division V State Champions... The Wheelersburg Pirates!!!” Cannons booming, music blaring, and the crowd a rocking. Can’t say enough how proud we are you!!!
The Best part about that........ Ironton has to hear it. Lmao
This Ironton Fighting Tiger fan will be more than happy to sit and hear it all, it's awesome that a State Championship has made it's way back to Southeastern Ohio. Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on getting it done, you all earned it.

Congrats Pirates........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:13 pm
4thgoal wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm I knew our QB was injured, but his fibula was broken. Pretty tough to limp around for nearly a half on a broken bone.
That's Tim Tebow stuff right there. My son has a book about Tebow and he played 2 1/2 quarters with a broken leg in highschool. I believe it was the upper part of his leg.
Hat's off to the young man.
I read that book it was awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 pm That’s what state finals are supposed to look like. Way to go Pirates!!!! Just think next season at the first home game when the announcer says “and here’s your Defending Division V State Champions... The Wheelersburg Pirates!!!” Cannons booming, music blaring, and the crowd a rocking. Can’t say enough how proud we are you!!!
The Best part about that........ Ironton has to hear it. Lmao
This Ironton Fighting Tiger fan will be more than happy to sit and hear it all, it's awesome that a State Championship has made it's way back to Southeastern Ohio. Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on getting it done, you all earned it.

Congrats Pirates........
same here buckeye.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

great job

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Ironton our neighs to the east , that little obscure has been, I was told there has been no mention of the Burg playoff run or about the championship In there paper. I say. remind them of this next fall

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

callie15 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm Ironton our neighs to the east , that little obscure has been, I was told there has been no mention of the Burg playoff run or about the championship In there paper. I say. remind them of this next fall
Give it a couple more days, it took them 5 days to get the Ironton Lady Fighting Tigers first Basketball game in the paper.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm
callie15 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm Ironton our neighs to the east , that little obscure has been, I was told there has been no mention of the Burg playoff run or about the championship In there paper. I say. remind them of this next fall
Give it a couple more days, it took them 5 days to get the Ironton Lady Fighting Tigers first Basketball game in the paper.
I have tons of Ironton fans on my Facebook and I have posted all Burg stuff on there for the last month and a half. No good luck, no best of wishes, no congratulations after winning...NOTHING! Yes, remind them this fall with another 45+ beat down!

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Is ironton paper owned by the same people that runs the portsmouth times . Sounds like it.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm
I have tons of Ironton fans on my Facebook and I have posted all Burg stuff on there for the last month and a half. No good luck, no best of wishes, no congratulations after winning...NOTHING! Yes, remind them this fall with another 45+ beat down!
I am on facebook every morning......and I have not seen one word about the Burg.....not one word.......again not one word.......so please give the Ironton fans a break with that sh!t........I get enuff of the the Burg stuff on this forum without reading it on facebook..........and I will send congrats to the team and the coaches on winning the championship
but I owe you nothing so bring your 45+ beatdown on.....it is not the first beatdown I have witnessed in my 77 years and it wont be the last......

burgfan2019
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2019 »

I don't write posts on here much, mainly just like reading what everyone has to say. I also have a lot of Friends from Ironton on Facebook (which I have worked with most of them over the years). One of which Posted about how the Bdubs was rocking when we won the state title. After posting a picture from after the game I got all kinds of congratulations from those from Ironton. Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Finally Congrats to the coaching staff and The entire Wheelersburg Football team, what a journey it was this year. I have watched these Seniors, Juniors and some of the Sophomores grow up and I could be more proud of each and everyone of them.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

burgfan2019 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm
I don't write posts on here much, mainly just like reading what everyone has to say. I also have a lot of Friends from Ironton on Facebook (which I have worked with most of them over the years). One of which Posted about how the Bdubs was rocking when we won the state title. After posting a picture from after the game I got all kinds of congratulations from those from Ironton. Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Finally Congrats to the coaching staff and The entire Wheelersburg Football team, what a journey it was this year. I have watched these Seniors, Juniors and some of the Sophomores grow up and I could be more proud of each and everyone of them.
Burgfan, I was one of those people you r talking about at Bdubs and he was right, it was rocking when the Burg won......had Ironton Bdubs not had the game on our crew would have headed to Portsmouth to watch the game ......and had it been in Columbus we would have been there as well.......

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BubbleGumTiger wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:10 pm
I am on facebook every morning......and I have not seen one word about the Burg.....not one word.......again not one word.......so please give the Ironton fans a break with that sh!t........I get enuff of the the Burg stuff on this forum without reading it on facebook..........and I will send congrats to the team and the coaches on winning the championship
but I owe you nothing so bring your 45+ beatdown on.....it is not the first beatdown I have witnessed in my 77 years and it wont be the last......
Well I'm not going to assume that reachhigher is not telling the truth. Maybe his ironton buddies aren't very nice, which is making him a little salty. The ironton tribune isn't that good at reporting Ironton stuff let alone the surrounding teams. As far as Ironton fans are concerned, I think the majority were rooting them on. Most locals want the local team to win. I've listened to and watched many games in many sports where a local team has made it, rooting that team for victory. What burg did was very hard and needs to be commended. Hopefully more area teams can get there too.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm
PirateBB wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 pm WAY TO GO BURG

I want to give a shout out to Scioto County/Southern Ohio schools/fans. Way to come together to give support to a Southern Ohio team. When I saw the video of Portsmouth BDubs last night where most people there were up and celebrating/going crazy when Burg won in OT last night, I had goose bumps.

That's the way we should all treat each other here in Southern Ohio. Be rivals the week we play, in any sport we play, and then support all the local teams in the playoffs no matter which school/sport is it. Successes around here have been few and far in-between. I will be first to support any team that advances and goes into hostile territories with unfair media bias that I have seen from Mid and Northern Ohio for years. We have a lot of talent in Southern Ohio that is not recognized by colleges, media, other people around Ohio.

GO SOUTHERN OHIO!!!
Absolutely. Great post.
That is awesome and spot on thanks!!!! Go Burg!!

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:45 pm
BubbleGumTiger wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Well I'm not going to assume that reachhigher is not telling the truth. Maybe his ironton buddies aren't very nice, which is making him a little salty. The ironton tribune isn't that good at reporting Ironton stuff let alone the surrounding teams. As far as Ironton fans are concerned, I think the majority were rooting them on. Most locals want the local team to win. I've listened to and watched many games in many sports where a local team has made it, rooting that team for victory. What burg did was very hard and needs to be commended. Hopefully more area teams can get there too.
Trust me, I'm not lying. Most everyone on my Facebook is from Ironton. Only post I got from Ironton was when we were down 13-0 at the half vs Columbus Academy laughing saying Burg must be getting beat, that I was being awfully quiet. shut them up after we rolled off 35 in 14 minutes. But you are right you owe me nothing and we don't need any of you guys congratulations. That D5 trophy is safe and sound either way. Same with Coal Grove. I was #RollCoal on every Burg post I made until they lost and not one word from them. Only one I have seen or got any congrats from outside of Scioto County is from Rock Hill...so thank you Rock Hill and good luck next season. #WeAreTheBurg

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Cant we all just get along
If any other local team was playing I for one would be rooting them on.
Thanks for a great year Pirates.
No more football friday nights till next year
What will i do......

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

piratepride86 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm Cant we all just get along
If any other local team was playing I for one would be rooting them on.
Thanks for a great year Pirates.
No more football friday nights till next year
What will i do......
Agree. Rant over. Yes cant wait until next August!

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

I know it’s early but realistically how far can Burg make it next year?

I know they return a few, including Salyers and Holden, but any chance they repeat and how many starters do they return or key players that could step up next year?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

its tha burg.........they are always good......they don't rebuild.........they reload

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you are wrong. all across facebook I've seen ton's of ironton people congratulating burg for winning the state. what gives with you all.

star
Waterboy

Post by star »

By far the best high school football game I ever watched

Return to “Football”