State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Let’s get it started. Looks like Eastwood has a stout defense as does the Burg. This has the makings of a good ol slobber knocker.

seasick80
All State

Re: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by seasick80 »

I watched some film of them last week and run similar offense we saw tonight. They do have a stud back that runs very hard. Big oline, very athletic, and run similar to coshocton in that they will do multiple handoffs in backfield for misdirection. Didn’t see a passing game but didn’t see that much film. But they live by the run from what my friends who live in the area say about them. i haven’t watched a clip on their defense.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Wont/Cant predict about a team I know nothing about, except that they are a Championsip caliber team.
Will be VERY hard earned for either team!

Gonna be a Great Game
Hope Burg Wins it all and Brings home the Gold Ball!

#GoBurg #ReachHigher

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Burg 27
Pemberville 26

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:13 am Cal Preps:

Burg 27
Pemberville 26
Hope so MADD Dog!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I dont think Eastwood is as big as Madison was that defensive line for Madison was the real deal I think Eastwood relies more on speed like Burg does but they do have a big back thet could create problems and they are for sure a run team IMO I think Burg will have more success throwing the ball against eastwood south range had around 170 yds passing but one costly interception IMO Burg wins but I do think the weather could play a part in this one But Burg seems destined to win it all so GO BURG

Burg grad 85
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 am I dont think Eastwood is as big as Madison was that defensive line for Madison was the real deal I think Eastwood relies more on speed like Burg does but they do have a big back thet could create problems and they are for sure a run team IMO I think Burg will have more success throwing the ball against eastwood south range had around 170 yds passing but one costly interception IMO Burg wins but I do think the weather could play a part in this one But Burg seems destined to win it all so GO BURG
I was thinking the same about the d line. Eastwood has a good defense but I don’t think they can get as much pressure up front as Madison did. You are right about their d line. They were nasty! As far as weather, I checked already and the temp is supposed to be about the same as tonight’s game so I see no problems there

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Eastwood has a lot of weapons on offense. The Rayford kid (26) is a stud running back for a sophomore. Very fast and elusive. Cooper Comes (47) Is another one of their weapons. Also very fast. Ian Downard (36) is a load to bring down. They do throw the ball some and from what I've seen their QB is pretty accurate.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The game will be this Friday at 3 so it will still be daylight. Hopefully no rain. This is it! You go no further. Each team will bring their best. The Burg showed their heart and determination last night. Eastwood is stout. Burg is the home team which surprises me. Bring home the gold trophy Burg. It all comes down to this.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Good luck Wheelersburg!!!! Bring the gold football back to Scioto County!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Is there any chance that we can change the name of this thread and acknowledge what it is a Division 5 state championship rather than just a regular game????

Looks like its a week 4 Game!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Outstanding game last night. As of now, 3pm gametime temperature in Canton is 41 and it will be 39 by end of game. Amazing weather up north for December 2nd

One game season next Friday. Burg D has been lights out all year. I think everything comes together for the final game and for a Burg Victory.

Go Burg! #ReachHigher

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg4 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:22 am Outstanding game last night. As of now, 3pm gametime temperature in Canton is 41 and it will be 39 by end of game. Amazing weather up north for December 2nd

One game season next Friday. Burg D has been lights out all year. I think everything comes together for the final game and for a Burg Victory.

Go Burg! #ReachHigher
Dont go December 2nd! You will miss it!
Try Dec. 1st!😆😆

🏈🏈🏈🏈

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:54 am Is there any chance that we can change the name of this thread and acknowledge what it is a Division 5 state championship rather than just a regular game????

Looks like its a week 4 Game!

Thank You!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 am
Burg4 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:22 am Outstanding game last night. As of now, 3pm gametime temperature in Canton is 41 and it will be 39 by end of game. Amazing weather up north for December 2nd

Go Burg! #ReachHigher
Dont go December 2nd! You will miss it!
Try Dec. 1st!😆😆

🏈🏈🏈🏈
Lol! Thanks for the correction!!!

Go Burg! Go Bucks!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by Omega »

From afar, Wheelersburg has proven their mettle by overcoming deficits the last two weeks. In playing for a championship character becomes as important as talent.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Sounds like another game that will be won in the trenches. The biggest thing that has impressed me about the Pirates is they play all four quarters and do not get worn down. They may get knocked back a time or two but never down. I believe the Pirates will win as long as they do not get thrown off what has made them successful thus far. Go Pirates.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 am time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!
it hain't a game till doggie sings his pirate song. I met me a big ole burg fan yesterday at menard's in chilli. and congratulations to the mighty pirates, showing they are championship worthy. keep it up one play at a time, one series at a time. good luck to you guys.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Prediction!!!

Some idiot from Wheelersburg will yet again predict a running clock

Return to “Football”