State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Post by 4thgoal »

I knew our QB was injured, but his fibula was broken. Pretty tough to limp around for nearly a half on a broken bone.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Congratulations to the Burg for representing Southern Ohio football.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am Donini absolutely deserves the credit!!! Haven’t found a picture yet of it. Looking though

Hey Jolly Pirate. You ole Scallywag——I’m watching the game on YouTube. Post a link. I’m terrible at it. Much better at stealing and pasting.

I searched Wheelersburg on YouTube and it came up.
Here you go.
https://youtu.be/cwkknBH3LpA

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

91blue14 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 am
91blue14 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 am congrats on winning. I hope you send the coach from Pemberville something for Christmas for calling a timeout with :23 seconds left.
His defense was on their heels. Burg would have scored the next play anyways. They already had it called up. But. Haters gonna hate.
how in the world can you say they was gonna score the next play anyways. I was cheering for burg no hating here but I live in reality.
So do I. Current STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm I knew our QB was injured, but his fibula was broken. Pretty tough to limp around for nearly a half on a broken bone.
Kids a Bad Dude. Very impressed by his attitude and toughness.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Man, that sucks for Trent!! Probably knocks him out of basketball this season!!! He will recover and be ready for next year!! Is it 2018 yet!!!!!!!

That makes that last drive in regulation that more incredible that he did all that on a broken fibula!!! What heart and determination he had to lead the Pirates down the field to tie the game.

That play where Eastwood fumbled, pretty sure it was Donini that put his helmet on the ball and caused it to squirt free. The funny thing Mathews saw it immediately and reacted to it but couldn't get to it because it had went in between Cole Lowery's legs and then once he saw it, game over!!!!!!

Once again, I tip my hat to the coaches and players on a fine season capped off by a State title. Job well done men!!!

Can't wait until next year!!!!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

I keep waiting for 14svt to congratulate the Pirates. I guess I better not hold my breath haha.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

What does the burg have coming back??

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

2018 Burg Football will have another strong Senior class. The juniors were major contributors this year.

In 7th & 8th Grades, next years seniors had perfect football seasons. 9th-11th grade, perfect regular football seasons.

The boys know how to win. Going into Senior Year, their HS record is 40-2. These guys have played 42 games out of a TOTAL possible 45 games. This is basically an extra football season of games going into their senior year.

Congratulations Burg!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

WAY TO GO BURG

I want to give a shout out to Scioto County/Southern Ohio schools/fans. Way to come together to give support to a Southern Ohio team. When I saw the video of Portsmouth BDubs last night where most people there were up and celebrating/going crazy when Burg won in OT last night, I had goose bumps.

That's the way we should all treat each other here in Southern Ohio. Be rivals the week we play, in any sport we play, and then support all the local teams in the playoffs no matter which school/sport is it. Successes around here have been few and far in-between. I will be first to support any team that advances and goes into hostile territories with unfair media bias that I have seen from Mid and Northern Ohio for years. We have a lot of talent in Southern Ohio that is not recognized by colleges, media, other people around Ohio.

GO SOUTHERN OHIO!!!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm I keep waiting for 14svt to congratulate the Pirates. I guess I better not hold my breath haha.
Maybe all of us should send him a PM or an email just to make sure he didn’t choke on that crow he’s eating.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

PirateBB wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 pm WAY TO GO BURG

I want to give a shout out to Scioto County/Southern Ohio schools/fans. Way to come together to give support to a Southern Ohio team. When I saw the video of Portsmouth BDubs last night where most people there were up and celebrating/going crazy when Burg won in OT last night, I had goose bumps.

That's the way we should all treat each other here in Southern Ohio. Be rivals the week we play, in any sport we play, and then support all the local teams in the playoffs no matter which school/sport is it. Successes around here have been few and far in-between. I will be first to support any team that advances and goes into hostile territories with unfair media bias that I have seen from Mid and Northern Ohio for years. We have a lot of talent in Southern Ohio that is not recognized by colleges, media, other people around Ohio.

GO SOUTHERN OHIO!!!
Absolutely. Great post.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm I keep waiting for 14svt to congratulate the Pirates. I guess I better not hold my breath haha.
Maybe all of us should send him a PM or an email just to make sure he didn’t choke on that crow he’s eating.
:D :D :D :D

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Not taking anything away from the team. They are a hell of a team and will make some noise next season. I just gotta say something about their fans. I'm not exactly sure how much time was left when they started the I believe we have won chant but anything can happen in the closing minute of a game and we proved that

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Here is the $64,000 question-What Burg player makes the cover of next years State program?

Each year they put one player from each championship team on the front cover.

I would go with Xander Carmichael

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

So many players had a huge night.. Xander, Donini, Mathews, Lowery, Keeney, Parsley.. etc.. etc.. But as much as I’d love to see a senior get the nod you have to admire Salyers for playing on a freaking broken leg. JMO and any player who gets it deserves it.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Cpt. Obvious wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 pm So many players had a huge night.. Xander, Donini, Mathews, Lowery, Keeney, Parsley.. etc.. etc.. But as much as I’d love to see a senior get the nod you have to admire Salyers for playing on a freaking broken leg. JMO and any player who gets it deserves it.
I think Parsley was a man amongst boys yesterday and Keeney made Eastwood pay for thinking he wasn’t a threat.
Last edited by bleed_blue on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Nic the nugget Parsley gets the nod from me 14 tackles 8 tackles for loss and the play where #26 their stud back brokeaway for about a 31 yd run Parsley was the one to catch him from the other side of the field wow what a play the game announcers said if Burg happens to win that we should remember that play . But IMO its hard to single out anyone they all did great and Trent playing on a broken leg now thats incredible everyone on Burgs team from the freshmen to the seniors are all. A great group of young men but if I had to choose just one it would be Nic Nugget!

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

All well deserving!

Hopefully we can back to the title game to see who it is in person.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 pm
91blue14 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 am

His defense was on their heels. Burg would have scored the next play anyways. They already had it called up. But. Haters gonna hate.
how in the world can you say they was gonna score the next play anyways. I was cheering for burg no hating here but I live in reality.
So do I. Current STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you guys won it. I drove a long way to witness it bought 4 tickets and got my moneys worth.

Return to “Football”