2018 SVC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

SEOPS
Freshman Team

2018 SVC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by SEOPS »

Please post schedules, predictions, and any off season talk. Please post rosters, schedules and key returns on 2018 individual team pages.

ImageAdena viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67829

Image Huntington viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67830

Image Paint Valley viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67831

Image Piketon viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67832

Image Southeastern viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833

Unioto viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65688

Westfall viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67834

Zane Trace viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67835

se-alum
All Conference

Re: 2018 SVC

Post by se-alum »

SE JV team was average. SE is losing A LOT. I'd look for them to drop back to the bottom half of the league.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Paint Valley will be a year older and should be a lot better.

I.M.O. if that QB can get in tune with more than one receiver, that offense will be dangerous.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I would be surprised if Southeastern was any worse than 8-2/ 7-3 next year. They lose some key players to graduation but return probably the most dynamic player in the league in Ruby at quarterback and their entire line.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

KRS wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:23 pm I would be surprised if Southeastern was any worse than 8-2/ 7-3 next year. They lose some key players to graduation but return probably the most dynamic player in the league in Ruby at quarterback and their entire line.
I hope you're right. Just think it's going to be hard to replace nearly 3000 yards and 30+ TD's on offense between Stauffer and Houser. It'll be interesting to see if SE sticks with the Wing T or spreads it out to give Ruby more room to work. It will probably depend on whether or not they can replace Stauffer and Houser with adequate backs.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I would be surprised if southeastern stays in the double wing. My guess is they go back to spread and run the qb.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Very early prediction

1.unioto
2.westfall
3.pv
4.se
5.hunt
6.pike
7.zt
8.adeina

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Adena will be young, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were mid-pack. Their current Freshmen class is talented, and they will have another talented Freshmen class next year. I see them competing for a league championship in '19.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

It’s hard to predict things in the svc. Seems like there are always 1 or 2 teams with a good record and a lot of teams tied for spots with the same league records. I wasn’t impressed with adiena jv at all but it is possible they played lot of young guys on varsity. I will be surprised if they compete for a title anytime soon though.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:31 pm It’s hard to predict things in the svc. Seems like there are always 1 or 2 teams with a good record and a lot of teams tied for spots with the same league records. I wasn’t impressed with adiena jv at all but it is possible they played lot of young guys on varsity. I will be surprised if they compete for a title anytime soon though.
Hard to surmise anything from small school JV football. Their young talent was varsity exclusive. The freshmen QB, Sykes, will be a very good QB in this league. This years Freshmen, along with this years 7th & 8th grade classes, will make for some good Adena football teams in the near future. I think you'll see this Freshmen class be very accomplished in all sports.

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

I thought the Sykes kid was fabulous. Put some weapons around him in the near future and he could be the best qb in a league of really athletic qbs. Adena also had a great freshman lineman and linebacker.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I’ll keep an eye on him but it takes a lot to win a league title. I’ll see more next year with there junior high and jv guys. Of all my years watching high school football I’ve only seen one guy that was a one man team. Romero from mechanicsburg. Doubt I’ll ever see that again on a football field. Aron kraft was close but he had lot better players around him. Svc is a far cry from the competition that they faced. Just look at Huntington and westfall they have great qbs but it takes more to win a title. I’ll definitely keep an eye on them only time will tell.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:14 pm I’ll keep an eye on him but it takes a lot to win a league title. I’ll see more next year with there junior high and jv guys. Of all my years watching high school football I’ve only seen one guy that was a one man team. Romero from mechanicsburg. Doubt I’ll ever see that again on a football field. Aron kraft was close but he had lot better players around him. Svc is a far cry from the competition that they faced. Just look at Huntington and westfall they have great qbs but it takes more to win a title. I’ll definitely keep an eye on them only time will tell.
Sykes will have a lot around him in '19. The Jr. and So. classes that year will be talented, and have good numbers.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think the SVC needs to look at making some changes, just my opinion but I believe SVC needs to look into adding couple more teams and make it a 10 team league and split it into 2-5 team divisions. They can have 4 divisional games and go cross conference for 2 games giving them 4 open dates to try and get little more quality opponents to try and help in terms of playoff points and getting them ready for divisional play.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:29 am I think the SVC needs to look at making some changes, just my opinion but I believe SVC needs to look into adding couple more teams and make it a 10 team league and split it into 2-5 team divisions. They can have 4 divisional games and go cross conference for 2 games giving them 4 open dates to try and get little more quality opponents to try and help in terms of playoff points and getting them ready for divisional play.
I would like to see this happen but I don’t think there is any chance. As a tanks fan I am hoping that the new Chillicothe school helps drop are numbers down or we will be in trouble.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:59 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:29 am I think the SVC needs to look at making some changes, just my opinion but I believe SVC needs to look into adding couple more teams and make it a 10 team league and split it into 2-5 team divisions. They can have 4 divisional games and go cross conference for 2 games giving them 4 open dates to try and get little more quality opponents to try and help in terms of playoff points and getting them ready for divisional play.
I would like to see this happen but I don’t think there is any chance. As a tanks fan I am hoping that the new Chillicothe school helps drop are numbers down or we will be in trouble.
Yeah I don't think it will happen either, seems like so many teams in the SOC, SVC are perfectly content in trying to keep everything status quo. I mean other than teams moving from SOC 1 to 2 when's the last major change that either conference embarked on?? SVC I believe likes the setup because outside of Westfall, who I'm surprised hasn't tried to change conferences to one more local like mid-state, most drives are with what 20-40 min. They're only responsible for getting 3 open dates a year, which is pretty easy.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Svc 2018 preview

Post by Rolltanks »

What are your thoughts on this upcoming season? I think as a whole the conference will be much better than last year. What are some of the strengths and weaknesses of your favorite svc school. As for Unioto, we should have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. Despite losing some key players on the defensive line I look for the defense to be very good. Still have a lot of weapons on offense but have to break in a new qb. Kicking game was not consistent last year and we will be counting on some first year starters. Tanks should be among the favorites.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Re: Svc 2018 preview

Post by Slappy »

Unioto will be the favorite, ZT and Piketon will be decent. SE will drop off to a 5 or 6 win year, My Bearcats will be better but how much I don't know.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Paint valley had the best jv team we played last year good size and strength in there young guys.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 pm Paint valley had the best jv team we played last year good size and strength in there young guys.
Newland is the best looking QB in the league. If only he had a few WR options. Mcfadden and (name escaping me, short kid on bball can really fly) another then their offense could really move the ball.

Return to “Football”