Canton for the State finals

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Canton for the State finals

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NY BUCKS wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:45 pm I watched some of the finals on spectrum
They kept saying several times that it levels the playing field. .No its a unfair advantage for Nw ohio.
How could they even think that? They must hang with Paladin then.

Where did you guys win state at in 1981? I thought I read it one time and it said Groveport Madison

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Groveport

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Blitz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol
AS USUAL you are 100% WRONG!!!! I spoke to Dan Ross earlier this week and he said next year 2018 the Finals are back at the Shoe...... but continue with your blowhard idiotic rants ..... can you predict anything correct????????

Is this true? Going back to Columbus next year? That will be nice even if my team doesn’t make it.

Wonder how many people from Southern Ohio called him to say they didn’t go because of the drive? I still the Burg game would of had around 12,000 or more there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NY BUCKS wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 pmGroveport
Wow!! What a joke. Burg played Versailles there in 1989 for the State semifinals. It was way to small.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Groveport is doing major upgrades now..
Levon bell paid for field turf dont know much about seating. .School is being upgraded also

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

When Ny played in the championship game at Groveport
It was standing room only ..and freezing wind my god it was brutal

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol
AS USUAL you are 100% WRONG!!!! I spoke to Dan Ross earlier this week and he said next year 2018 the Finals are back at the Shoe...... but continue with your blowhard idiotic rants ..... can you predict anything correct????????

Is this true? Going back to Columbus next year? That will be nice even if my team doesn’t make it.

Wonder how many people from Southern Ohio called him to say they didn’t go because of the drive? I still the Burg game would of had around 12,000 or more there.
When I called I spoke with a Tyler who said the decisions were above his pay grade. He did tell me the 2 people to contact and one was Ross, he mentioned he hadn't heard anything on location for next year. Should be interesting I will be contacting the other 2 gentleman he mentioned. I understand the Shoe being a bit overwhelming but it could be played at a D1 school. I really feel it should be kept in Columbus but if they want to move around they should incorporate Cincy, Columbus and Canton on a rotating 1-2 year term.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"
According to the OHSAA there are 6 districts.

And this year each of those 6 districts had a state champion.

Pickerington Central. Central
Akron Hoban Northeast
Trotwood Madison. Southwest
Steubenville. East
Wheelersburg. Southeast
Marion Local. Northwest
Minster. Northwest.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

GoIrish wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 am
Pol pot wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am
GoIrish wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am While I completely understand that NE Ohio is the birthplace of high school football, I think their location selection has everything to do with money. Personally, I don't want to give my $ to a pure for-profit organization like the HoF. Columbus is the no-brainer. If not OSU, then Ohio Wesleyan, or even Mapfre. If they're going to insist on NE Ohio, I'd much rather go to Massillon HS than Canton.

It's a shame that Capital, Otterbein, and Ohio Dominican don't seat enough. I'd much rather give my $ to see a game to a small school like those.

Or, considering 6 of the 14 teams in the finals were from the western half of the state, plus one from the central, why not Welcome Stadium in Dayton?

You guys and your conspiracies about foundations.
So, I'm confused! If the OHSAA only cares about money, and then everyone believes that attendance would have been higher in Columbus, then how can moving to Canton be about the money?
How much money does the HoF organization donate to the OHSAA or it's Foundation? If we can find that answer, that makes it about money.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm

When I called I spoke with a Tyler who said the decisions were above his pay grade. He did tell me the 2 people to contact and one was Ross, he mentioned he hadn't heard anything on location for next year. Should be interesting I will be contacting the other 2 gentleman he mentioned. I understand the Shoe being a bit overwhelming but it could be played at a D1 school. I really feel it should be kept in Columbus but if they want to move around they should incorporate Cincy, Columbus and Canton on a rotating 1-2 year term.
Last January OHSAA had an agreement to have it in Canton again next year. Then after next year make a decision. I cannot find where anything has changed. http://ohsaa.org/Sports/News/ArtMID/109 ... 7-and-2018

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With the crowds being as small as they are,there are several high schools in the Central part of the state that could handle the games.
Go back to using two locations, if need be.

Some of the state gets the games on TV and most of these fans will stay home, unless their team is playing.
Being most do not get the games on TV, a Central location is the best solution, only the NE fans will disagree and a few others, at most.

Ticket prices like it or not keep others away and I am sure there are even more reason some of the once upon a time hard core fans no longer go.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah, but we all know you are so full of poop your eyes have to be brown.

The Burg-Eastwood game drew a record 9778 fans. I guarantee that if that game is in Columbus there would have been close to 12,000 people there. Cha-Ching!!!

Winton Woods might have brought more fans had they not of been playing 3.5 hours away on a Thursday night. Cha-Ching!!!

Your logic about more schools in NEO is one of the biggest crocks of poop you’ve ever put on here.

You stated there were 6 schools from NEO in the finals so guess what clown, there were 8 schools from the other regions. The OHSAA can put any number out there of the attendance and we have no way to dispute that but like was said earlier the main reason was only one private school this year. I was looking through the program at past champions and some of them attendances were a joke. 4400, 5200 and the main reason was there was st least one private school playing.

Your reasoning is still a crock and if you think the OHSAA believes the same way you do why don’t they have the balls to tell me??!
Probably because they don’t answer to you. They answer to the member schools, which makes you a nobody. Maybe you should do everyone a favor and boycott high school sports.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

It still amazes me how so many of you still try to argue with Paladin. He feeds off of it but you all keep on grinding.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The doctor says stay away from those French fries, but you can't seem to go to any place that doesn't serve them.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Well OHSAA has never been fan friendly. I realize it’s anout money. And I realize this is football thread but as a person who attended many State Championship basketball games the best seats in the house were never for fans. The fans seats are in the end and in the upper arena.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Good point rxburgfan. It shouldn't be that way.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

:lol: The thread continues to show ignorance from some SEO folks. There are FOUR regions -- NE, NW, SE and SW. Yet some idiot comes along and says there are SIX DISTRICTS !!! That has nothing to do with football !!! Once again, there are so many schools in NEO that OHSAA has to put many of them into the NW region And the SE region. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney was in the SE region at one time. Ditto Steubenville at one time. Logan's current region includes Youngstown East and Boardman , among others in D-II. Many a NW or SE region is won by a NEO team. That overloads the teams from NEO that make the semis and often the finals. The years of greatest attendance are years that Canton/Massillon host.

Cha- Ching

They may rotate back to Columbus for a year or two at a time, but NEO will always continue to host the games as they have OHSAA's blessing for drawing the most folks in ( both from numbers of teams playing from NEO and from attendance of fans, both from the schools and casual fans). NO OTHER REGION comes close. Cha-Ching.

That's the facts. :lol:

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”