Canton for the State finals

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Canton for the State finals

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Can someone explain to me why the state thinks Canton is a great place to play?!!

The stadium wasn’t completed on one end. The visiting section has a huge open area right in the middle that took away a lot of seating.

Now the parking situation is HORRENDOUS!!! You’d think the fairgrounds could have at least cut the grass where everyone had to park plus had to wait over 40 minutes to catch a bus back to our car.

4 to 4.5 hour drive for anyone in Southern or Southwest areas of the state. Columbus is at most a 2.5 hour drive for any area of the state. Oh and guess what, you don’t have to be shuttled in a school bus to and from the game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Canton for the State finals

Post by greygoose »

Guess what I have never figured out is this they go out of their way to try and get centralized locations for teams to drive fairly equal distances throughout the entire playoffs. Then choose the state championship game to say well we're not worried about a central location for everyone if you have to drive 4 hours that's ok. It's only the most important game for any team to be make it to that point and they choose to treat teams in that manner. In no way shape or form should state championship games be played at one end of the state or the other, where's the capital in the center of the freakin state. Play the state championship games in Columbus and be fair to everyone involved. Seems like it should be a safety issue as well teams driving home after having a late game and maybe they drive 3-4 hours getting them home at 1-2 in the morning, do we really want to be sending teenagers out who have just road on a bus that long then get back to their car and have them driving home at 1-2-3 in the morning.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Play it in Columbus

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Columbus would be great.

But, I enjoyed the trip and the day. The Stadium was nice and New and will be better in a year or two.

I parked 3 blocks at most away in a yard where they were having a party and charging $20 to park. Easy out too. There was no way in Hades I was going to the fairgrounds.

And it’s the Hall of Fame !!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

OHSAA is in love with the Canton area.
It makes to much sense to have the game at a central location.
All the OHSAA CARES ABOUT IS MONEY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 pm Guess what I have never figured out is this they go out of their way to try and get centralized locations for teams to drive fairly equal distances throughout the entire playoffs. Then choose the state championship game to say well we're not worried about a central location for everyone if you have to drive 4 hours that's ok. It's only the most important game for any team to be make it to that point and they choose to treat teams in that manner. In no way shape or form should state championship games be played at one end of the state or the other, where's the capital in the center of the freakin state. Play the state championship games in Columbus and be fair to everyone involved. Seems like it should be a safety issue as well teams driving home after having a late game and maybe they drive 3-4 hours getting them home at 1-2 in the morning, do we really want to be sending teenagers out who have just road on a bus that long then get back to their car and have them driving home at 1-2-3 in the morning.
goose I couldn't agree with you more. been sayin it for years. it's there for 2 reasons, money, and the hall of fame. play them in Columbus, it's central for any and everyone. the parking, handicap facilities, restrooms, etc. is the best anywhere. then after the season take a field trip to the hall of fame.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I may have understood this wrong. But I heard the OHSAA was going to move the Finals every 4 years. As they are looking for a place for 2021 to host the finals.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I understand the thought of ohio stadium looking empty. and I've said it for years. I loved watching them there, always did. don't get me wrong I like stark county as well pirate, but there is just something magical about ohio stadium. and there always will be, and it's centrally located for anyone in the state. and there ain't a bad seat in the house, and the facilities and parking cannot be rivaled anywhere. but you all would have had a big showing in Ontario. it was a fun game to watch and an exciting crowd to see.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

As was mentioned in another thread, Mapfre Stadium would be a great location. Perfect size and centralized location and parking. Great grass playing surface. The only issue is how to pay to maintain it year round without the Crew in it.

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Northeast Ohio is high school football!
It should be in Canton.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Fred Flintstone wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:26 am Northeast Ohio is high school football!
It should be in Canton.
Bullshit!! Last I checked it was the Northwest side of the state with The teams from the MAC dominating.

These games need to be in Columbus. If not at the Shoe than somewhere.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what dabba said,

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

LickingCountyFan, we’ve already established that you didn’t like Columbus last year and didn’t want to go then either.

This facility is amazing, and will do nothing but become even better as it’s completed.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Could have sworn I heard a representative from the OHSAA talk during halftime of the Burg game that they would reevaluate it after this season was over about where to have it in the future. Maybe I misunderstood him.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Fred Flintstone wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:26 am Northeast Ohio is high school football!
It should be in Canton.
TROLL elsewhere no one is buying that stupid notion.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

It should always be in Columbus.

Cannoli137
Waterboy

Post by Cannoli137 »

Parking at the Fairgrounds was a joke, so we found a spot near the stadium on a side street, paid $20 to park in someone’s yard. It was well worth it, short walk to & from the stadium.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:31 pm LickingCountyFan, we’ve already established that you didn’t like Columbus last year and didn’t want to go then either.

This facility is amazing, and will do nothing but become even better as it’s completed.
The only way this place becomes amazing is if they add parking near the stadium and then the location just doesn't make sense. My 83 year old dad couldn't go because of the 4 hour drive from Wheelersburg. Plus, there was no way to drop him off close to the stadium because you couldn't get a car near it.

There has got to be some reason why the games are still being played in Canton with Ohio state still having field turf. Someone is greasing someone's palms at the OHSAA office.

I shouldn't have to pay $20 to park in someone's yard just because the parking at the fairgrounds sucks.

As for the fairgrounds, here's a banner idea!!! Cut the freaking grass the week before the games. I can't imagine that place if it is raining.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

There hasn't been anyone with brains or good since for years at the OSSHA it might be a nice stadium someday , but the placement will always be second class. Shame to waste all the money for that location.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

All I want to hear is a reason?? Has that ever been given?? I mean what is the justification for such an idiotic idea as to having it all the way at one end of the state instead of a central location?? I mean these guys or gals do have half a brain right?? I'd just LOVE to hear the reasoning behind it. As I stated sites are picked throughout the entire playoffs to try and be as fair as possible when it comes to travel. Yet when it comes to this game people actually sat behind closed doors and thought THIS should be the site for championship games. I mean are they the ones who own houses around the stadium making a killing on parking fees or what.

Return to “Football”