Canton for the State finals

doubleplay643
S

Re: Canton for the State finals

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm Most people here will agree with your logic because most are fools here. Do you HONESTLY think the OHSAA is going to premise the games on the MAC games in D-6 and D-7 or D-1 and D-2 with teams from Cleveland (Mentor) and Akron (Hoban) ? Lol. Look at the long time attendance figures for Stark and Columbus. Stark wins hands down . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And that means that not only do they draw from the NEO because of the teams involved, they also draw the casual fan in NEO who is rabid about H. S. Football. The city slickers in metro Columbus care only about Ohio St. The rest of the state draws few people, even when the games were centrally located, so more people could attend because it was " convenient ". lol. That's complete BS.

Cha -Ching !!!!!!!
If fools could fly you would be a $#@%ing ROCKET SHIP.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm Most people here will agree with your logic because most are fools here. Do you HONESTLY think the OHSAA is going to premise the games on the MAC games in D-6 and D-7 or D-1 and D-2 with teams from Cleveland (Mentor) and Akron (Hoban) ? Lol. Look at the long time attendance figures for Stark and Columbus. Stark wins hands down . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And that means that not only do they draw from the NEO because of the teams involved, they also draw the casual fan in NEO who is rabid about H. S. Football. The city slickers in metro Columbus care only about Ohio St. The rest of the state draws few people, even when the games were centrally located, so more people could attend because it was " convenient ". lol. That's complete BS.

Cha -Ching !!!!!!!
You realize you just keep spewing the same stuff over and over. I understand where you're coming from you are trying to state your opinion just like the rest of us. It still doesn't make you any more right than any of us, unless you are OHSAA and we know you're not you simply offer no validity to your argument. I mean instead of saying money, what I read your saying is, "we as OHSAA cater those in this area." Of course they should cater to the MAC because unlike the teams you mentioned you can guarantee the MAC will have 1-2-3 teams in the state championship game, Coldwater moved from DV to DVI this year so they didn't have any who had a chance at representing them. Hoban has been division 3 for sometime and only this year jumped to D-2. So where's Pickerington Central (Columbus), Winton Woods, Trotwood, Clinton-Massie, Wheelersburg?? 3 of them are in and around the Cincinnati area and Burg is far south. Then we can go MAC schools Minster and Marion Local by Dayton. So basically I just discredited your argument on teams around the NEO area only. That's game set and match.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

OHSAA has the record book of where all the teams are from in the Championship game YEAR AFTER YEAR. Check it out sometime. lol. There were 5 NEO in 7 divisions this year and that's down. Now go back to pounding sand again. Oh and thank the OHSAA for not putting Cardinal Mooney and Steubenville in a SEO regional as they have done before. Lol

Have gun, will travel
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm OHSAA has the record book of where all the teams are from in the Championship game YEAR AFTER YEAR. Check it out sometime. lol. There were 5 NEO in 7 divisions this year and that's down. Now go back to pounding sand again. Oh and thank the OHSAA for not putting Cardinal Mooney and Steubenville in a SEO regional as they have done before. Lol
Strange I just named 7 teams not in the NEO area and you have NO response. Like I said game set match dude. You've got to get out from under the OHSAA desk, brush off your knees and realize you literally have no idea why they do what they do. None of us do. Sorry man just move on to yappi or jjhuddle or something where maybe someone buys what you're selling. It's either that or you just like to hear yourself think you KNOW exactly what is going on, didn't you learn anything from your championship picks?? :lol: PEACE. Now get some new material and get back with me son or just take your loss with dignity.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"

Have gun, will travel
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"
9>5

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"

As your responses get shorter and shorter and you simply can't answer any questions I post, I can just see the realization coming through for you. It's pretty funny actually. Good luck buddy maybe there will be a topic you can provide some substance to one day. MAYBE

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol
AS USUAL you are 100% WRONG!!!! I spoke to Dan Ross earlier this week and he said next year 2018 the Finals are back at the Shoe...... but continue with your blowhard idiotic rants ..... can you predict anything correct????????

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Just my opinion here. I’ve been to games at canton Massillon and the shoe. I prefer Massillon to the others. I like the town the atmosphere and everything about Paul brown tiger stadium. Shoe feels to big for me and I just don’t like canton at all. If they want it to be fair travel Columbus is easily the best choice but for me I’ll always choose Massillon just something about it does it for me.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I watched some of the finals on spectrum
They kept saying several times that it levels the playing field. .No its a unfair advantage for Nw ohio.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NY BUCKS wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:45 pm I watched some of the finals on spectrum
They kept saying several times that it levels the playing field. .No its a unfair advantage for Nw ohio.
How could they even think that? They must hang with Paladin then.

Where did you guys win state at in 1981? I thought I read it one time and it said Groveport Madison

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Groveport

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Blitz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol
AS USUAL you are 100% WRONG!!!! I spoke to Dan Ross earlier this week and he said next year 2018 the Finals are back at the Shoe...... but continue with your blowhard idiotic rants ..... can you predict anything correct????????

Is this true? Going back to Columbus next year? That will be nice even if my team doesn’t make it.

Wonder how many people from Southern Ohio called him to say they didn’t go because of the drive? I still the Burg game would of had around 12,000 or more there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NY BUCKS wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 pmGroveport
Wow!! What a joke. Burg played Versailles there in 1989 for the State semifinals. It was way to small.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Groveport is doing major upgrades now..
Levon bell paid for field turf dont know much about seating. .School is being upgraded also

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

When Ny played in the championship game at Groveport
It was standing room only ..and freezing wind my god it was brutal

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Is this true? Going back to Columbus next year? That will be nice even if my team doesn’t make it.

Wonder how many people from Southern Ohio called him to say they didn’t go because of the drive? I still the Burg game would of had around 12,000 or more there.
When I called I spoke with a Tyler who said the decisions were above his pay grade. He did tell me the 2 people to contact and one was Ross, he mentioned he hadn't heard anything on location for next year. Should be interesting I will be contacting the other 2 gentleman he mentioned. I understand the Shoe being a bit overwhelming but it could be played at a D1 school. I really feel it should be kept in Columbus but if they want to move around they should incorporate Cincy, Columbus and Canton on a rotating 1-2 year term.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Loser.

"Yawn"
According to the OHSAA there are 6 districts.

And this year each of those 6 districts had a state champion.

Pickerington Central. Central
Akron Hoban Northeast
Trotwood Madison. Southwest
Steubenville. East
Wheelersburg. Southeast
Marion Local. Northwest
Minster. Northwest.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

GoIrish wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 am
Pol pot wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am
GoIrish wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am While I completely understand that NE Ohio is the birthplace of high school football, I think their location selection has everything to do with money. Personally, I don't want to give my $ to a pure for-profit organization like the HoF. Columbus is the no-brainer. If not OSU, then Ohio Wesleyan, or even Mapfre. If they're going to insist on NE Ohio, I'd much rather go to Massillon HS than Canton.

It's a shame that Capital, Otterbein, and Ohio Dominican don't seat enough. I'd much rather give my $ to see a game to a small school like those.

Or, considering 6 of the 14 teams in the finals were from the western half of the state, plus one from the central, why not Welcome Stadium in Dayton?

You guys and your conspiracies about foundations.
So, I'm confused! If the OHSAA only cares about money, and then everyone believes that attendance would have been higher in Columbus, then how can moving to Canton be about the money?
How much money does the HoF organization donate to the OHSAA or it's Foundation? If we can find that answer, that makes it about money.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm

When I called I spoke with a Tyler who said the decisions were above his pay grade. He did tell me the 2 people to contact and one was Ross, he mentioned he hadn't heard anything on location for next year. Should be interesting I will be contacting the other 2 gentleman he mentioned. I understand the Shoe being a bit overwhelming but it could be played at a D1 school. I really feel it should be kept in Columbus but if they want to move around they should incorporate Cincy, Columbus and Canton on a rotating 1-2 year term.
Last January OHSAA had an agreement to have it in Canton again next year. Then after next year make a decision. I cannot find where anything has changed. http://ohsaa.org/Sports/News/ArtMID/109 ... 7-and-2018

Return to “Football”