Tri-Valley 48 Logan 7

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Tri-Valley @ Logan

Post by noreply66 »

Logan needs a QB with size and a good arm.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 pm Logan needs a QB with size and a good arm.
Recruit the halls and develop a good QB! :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I now think Logan is a DII school that needs luck getting athletes like a smaller school. If it doesn't fall right, they won't be competitive.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan just graduated something like 315 students and more than half of them were boys. Even being 50/50 that is 150+ boys. Take the fall sports and add the boys up and you wouldn't have half of them playing a sport. Now go to the winter sports and it would probably be less playing sports. Now the spring sport have track which is very close to what the football team would have and the other sports don't make up a lot.

These are a lot of smaller schools in the area playing with a lot higher percentage of boys. Even when Logan was winning big in football the numbers were low for a DI school and it is about the same being a DII school. Even if Logan would fall to a DIII schools and with the numbers they have been having they still would be having a hard time winning. For the Chief to start playing about .500 they will have to have good players in all classes for a while. It take about a dozen outstanding players from every class to put up a high winning percentage. You don't need 20 good players every year to have the varsity playing .800 ball. 12 talented boys in each class 10 thur 12 can make a team a big winner. If you can do that you can bring in a few freshmen that can get varsity time without having to play a full game.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ask around and see how many athletes are not out for football. Logan has athletes. See how many drop out before their Jr/Sr. Years.

Athletes ? Check the basketball, track and baseball teams. Then tell me Logan has no athletes.

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan has a lot of players playing just one or two sports now days. When I was in school a ton of boys played three sports. How many basketball players played football this past school year? How many baseball players played football? Did football players fill the wrestling team? How many soccer players went on to play more than one sport. Lot of talent not playing football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I always thought Landis could be a great high jumper. Has the built you see on a lot of jumpers and can jump real well.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:38 pm Logan has a lot of players playing just one or two sports now days. When I was in school a ton of boys played three sports. How many basketball players played football this past school year? How many baseball players played football? Did football players fill the wrestling team? How many soccer players went on to play more than one sport. Lot of talent not playing football.
You have to have a passion for football to risk injury and be out for another sport (Lane was that example ). That passion has to be inserted at the lower level in what ever sport they choose . Many factors in what sports are successful . Logan has a lot of talent that are not playing Football . Soccer, Basketball and Track has been very good lately but to be good takes alot of dedication and passion which requires a commitment to that certain sport . Good luck to all the sports teams ( Boys and Girls)

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:46 am I always thought Landis could be a great high jumper. Has the built you see on a lot of jumpers and can jump real well.
Good point! Could you imagine him at wide receiver and defensive end :o ! Myers might have been a great QB had he decided to stick with football. He dominated the flag leagues but decided to give up football and only concentrate on basketball, which might be a good decision in his case. I think you are spot on Chieftain Fan. Football is not what it was in the minds of these kids like it was back in our day. Times change. People think they should consider it the top sport like we all did back in our day. You would think as popular as college football and the NFL are the passion would still be there. There are still a few that have the passion but not enough to field consistent winning.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Also another problem in this day and age, a lot of kids don't even go out for any sports. Football seems to be taken the big hit from it around here but it can be fixable. Make the product ya got better and use it in ways that works. Logan's cupboard isn't completely empty, and is capable of being turned around in the right direction.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Make football a credit.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:15 pm Make football a credit.
Good idea. :) They need to do something. The bread winner/bill payer needs a fixing quickly.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I look forward to Logan hosting a first round playoff game. My biggest question is where will their next playoff game be played so I can arrange my schedule? :?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Whoever stays on the team and competes shall be awarded a varsity letter! :mrgreen:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Is it true they will be taking some of the parking lot away with that fieldhouse? That's what I heard over the weekend. Not sure that was a great idea if true. I thought it would all be in that field back there they use for overflow parking. Looks like a lot of people will have to start using the shuttle bus for big games. :(

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:29 pm Is it true they will be taking some of the parking lot away with that fieldhouse? That's what I heard over the weekend. Not sure that was a great idea if true. I thought it would all be in that field back there they use for overflow parking. Looks like a lot of people will have to start using the shuttle bus for big games. :(
At first that probably would not have happened, but with the size being doubled I can see it.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Until Logan becomes relevant again in football, the only time we will see that overflow needed is in a big playoff show down.

AT THE RESERVATION
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

SOMEONE must be satisfied with the state of the program! Billy is still there.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I just wonder how much is being done to promote the program inside and outside of the schools. Which the obvious answer is nothing. Its like we're just going to ride this old beaten up warship in to battle and what ever happens happens....... The program isn't what it once was. Things need to be done to promote the program, and spark interest in the program again in the elementary schools.

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Things have been quite at the reservation. Anyone heard anything new??

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Football”