TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK1 Tri-Valley @ Logan

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:17 am
moonshine wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 am

Can you give us some more detail? :mrgreen:
I wasn't there. I was told (hearing) by a parent of one of the players that Spatar looked good, and threw his boy 4 touchdown passes. His boy was moved to tight end this year on offense. Said others looked good as well. Burke seems to be moving players where he thinks they should be. That's all the info I got from him, but hung in there with Lancaster well he said. Another 7 on 7 today but can't remember who he said it was.
I am hearing that Lancaster is somewhat down this year, per a source close to the program but to compete with those big boys is a start! Still 4-6 if the Chiefs are lucky! :mrgreen:
Don't know about Lancaster being down. Many feeders coming in there every year. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus the Gales are not usually a passing team. Logan receivers did well getting by their d-backs per my info I got. The negativity for the Chiefs is getting thick in here. Fans need to get behind them to help get this broken bus running on all 8 cylinders again and turned around. Got to have some faith brother. They are do.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:27 am

I wasn't there. I was told (hearing) by a parent of one of the players that Spatar looked good, and threw his boy 4 touchdown passes. His boy was moved to tight end this year on offense. Said others looked good as well. Burke seems to be moving players where he thinks they should be. That's all the info I got from him, but hung in there with Lancaster well he said. Another 7 on 7 today but can't remember who he said it was.
I am hearing that Lancaster is somewhat down this year, per a source close to the program but to compete with those big boys is a start! Still 4-6 if the Chiefs are lucky! :mrgreen:
Don't know about Lancaster being down. Many feeders coming in there every year. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus the Gales are not usually a passing team. Logan receivers did well getting by their d-backs per my info I got. The negativity for the Chiefs is getting thick in here. Fans need to get behind them to help get this broken bus running on all 8 cylinders again and turned around. Got to have some faith brother. They are do.
The downhill side is like a runaway train! The engineer needs to grab to controls and stop this train! can it be done MAYBE, But we will find out after week 10. Still a supporter of the Chiefs! :mrgreen:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree trench, too much negativity before they have even put on the pads. Lets give them a chance and see what happens. It was just 3 short years ago they were competing for a playoff spot. I also agree 87 that you need some passing to balance things out. You can win running solo but you better have some fast, strong backs and a dominant line like Ironton used to have back in their heyday.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like to see Logan with a average passing game plus two backs that can get yardage.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, I'd settle for that as well, Noreply. With a killer D.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

cbolt wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:44 pm

I agree trench, too much negativity before they have even put on the pads. Lets give them a chance and see what happens. It was just 3 short years ago they were competing for a playoff spot. I also agree 87 that you need some passing to balance things out. You can win running solo but you better have some fast, strong backs and a dominant line like Ironton used to have back in their heyday.
bolt and Trench I agree . Support the team and get behind them . Build pride back into the team . My guess there are goals. The ones I know will give you 110% and they want to win . Win or lose each week they need community support. Go Chiefs!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Any transfers in or out this year? :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:24 am
cbolt wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:44 pm
bolt and Trench I agree . Support the team and get behind them . Build pride back into the team . My guess there are goals. The ones I know will give you 110% and they want to win . Win or lose each week they need community support. Go Chiefs!!!!
I agree with supporting the kids who come out and play. Where I diverge here is to support the regime. I can appreciate the difficulty that the AD faces in trying to get Logan into a workable conference. What I question is the insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Is the atmosphere at The Chief the same it was 10 years ago? Or for that matter, at Bill Sauer? Money talks and walks.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Putting my radio show host hat on for a second

Football Friday night is back 8/24 after the games on 105.5fm and we will do a preview show on 970 WATH on Thursday’s at 6.

With that

Logan competed at the Grandview 7 on 7 last weekend with a lot of solid competition and faired fairly well I’m told. Mixed teams up and competed well vs a lot of different teams.

Live Like A Champion!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Hearing the same about the Grandview 7 on 7 as well, Logangrad. Did well against Columbus area teams that was there. It's very good news so far with all the 7 on 7's they've competed in. Hope they do well in the scrimmages coming up. GO CHIEFS!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

anyone know when the 1st scrimmage is?

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I don't right off hand. But I can ask Dream Weaver. Might give him a call this afternoon.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

August 7th Practice @ Bloom Carroll
August 10th H vs. Fairfield Union
Thursday August 16th Jamboree @ Canal Winchester.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I like how we are creating working relationships with schools to the North. Both games, scrimmages and practices. It will eventually lead to a league out of SEO.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thanks for the info, Thanos. Paladin, I agree and liking it as well.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

thanks thanos.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:29 am I like how we are creating working relationships with schools to the North. Both games, scrimmages and practices. It will eventually lead to a league out of SEO.
Hope so.....SEO is no longer needed. With every town/city [but Athens/Logan] getting smaller every year football will be in the past for some schools

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

consolidation for survival will be in there future.

AT THE RESERVATION
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:00 pm Hope so.....SEO is no longer needed. With every town/city [but Athens/Logan] getting smaller every year football will be in the past for some schools
Yeah. Logan really needs to get in a south D2 football columbus league which is what will probably happen

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Heard through Twitter that Tri-Valley did very well on 7v7s vs DeSales, Dublin Jerome, and Westerville South. The incoming coach likes to throw, throw, throw I am hearing.

Return to “Football”