dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: WK1 Tri-Valley @ Logan

Post by dazed&confused »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:49 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:20 pm

You can always spend your Friday nights at Boston Field!
I don't like your speed limit :?
I know it's hard to go from 50 to 35 when their are 2 signs warning you of the speed limit change :lol:
Hard to go 55, let alone 35 :lol: I'm with Sammy Haggar

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Shows how bad the state of Logan Football is right now when we start talking about speed limits in little villages. :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

cbolt wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:06 pm Shows how bad the state of Logan Football is right now when we start talking about speed limits in little villages. :lol:
Yup. Pretty much sums it up

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Never had a problem with the speed limit out in that area..not even being three sheets in the wind years ago.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:55 am So far, I hear little interest in the ‘18 season from the natives. No expectations. Worse, little interest. But that happens when you allow the program to fall into incompetent hands. Starting 4 Frosh one year, including a 140 lb. LB told me all I needed to know. The only question that remains is how embarrassed must they get before they are forced to do something to rectify the problem.

Go Chiefs
Need a new head of this snake and your replace the leader to inject new blood into a dying program! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like people were saying the girls basketball coach wasn't renewed because of playing too many freshman and this happen with last years football team.

Now young players can be better than older ones.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree reply sometimes the young pups are better than the old dogs. Just cause your older don't always mean you're better.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

So play the upper classmen or the young guns. Do better than 3-7

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Maybe and I stress maybe Physically only at the most of the so called young pup are even close to playing ! :mrgreen:

3-7 this year will not be accepted! :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

A few thoughts (while I still have them) -

Most coaches do not play Frosh as they are not physically ready to compete with seniors. Logan played four Frosh in over 100 years of football. Then along comes a genius and plays four Frosh in one year.

Coaches often see a Frosh as a future player at a position, yet fails to move an upperclassman to a new position he can physically compete at. This is called coaching to a system rather than playing players to their ability.

System coaches also fail to win as they are not prepared to coach different offensive or defensive systems that utilize players of different abilities that are more effective.

Personnel should always trump “philosophy”. 4-4 vs 5-2 ? Spread vs Wing T? Play action passing vs shotgun ? Run vs Pass ? Playing straight vs stunts and blitzes? Rule vs zone blocking ?

Many more points to make, but a competent coach looks at personnel FIRST, and puts his most physically developed players on the field to compete in the system that suits their talent. Playing four Frosh who get beat 50 and 60 -0 shows a serious lack of judgement. Then add in players who leave the team and don’t play makes it an impossible situation.

Are the players the real problem to being competitive or the coach ?

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Not agreeing with none of this. No way a coach will play young pups over size, strength, speed and Friday night experience that an upper classmen has. Logan has only been playing some because they had no choice the last two years or so. I say we do better than 3-7 this year, if not, someone needs to hit the bricks. Embarrassing of what Logan football use to be and are capable of getting it back in tune/line.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Never said it should always happen, but it does occasionally all over the country. We are not around them players all the time like the coaches. They see stuff we don't. Maybe these frosh were not better but close in talent to the upper classmen they had available. Some of them classes really struggled ahead of them coming up. If that's the case why not put them out there and get them all the experience you can ? In theory it would only help the program for the future. These frosh will be juniors now so I do agree with one thing 3-7 won't cut it. :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

You could see if a few on the fly in game adjustments was made in a couple of games last year they could have won. They aren't very well prepared in lots of ways. Not totally sure what it is but it's beginning to be obvious. I should be hearing some kinda info soon. Got a close source to one of the players on the team. GO CHIEFS!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Kind of change of subject. Who is going to be QB??

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm Kind of change of subject. Who is going to be QB??
Your guess is as good as mine. :lol: I haven't heard much of anything. It's as quiet as a church mouse on here and I haven't talked to anyone really. All I heard is some are getting solid as rocks from lifting. All the info I got for now. :(

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Most of the time when a freshman starts and does well you will see a team with a lot of talent in the upper grades. Seems like that happens in Jackson a lot.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm Kind of change of subject. Who is going to be QB??
Braden Spatar should be the QB.

Team could be better than last year. Could be worse. I say that only because I thought last year would be better and it didn't materialize. Will be interesting to see if some changes on the staff lead to better results.

Sad to me to see the decline in not only the program but the community's excitement and commitment. Program needs a shot in the arm.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:22 am

Team could be better than last year. Could be worse. I say that only because I thought last year would be better and it didn't materialize. Will be interesting to see if some changes on the staff lead to better results.

Sad to me to see the decline in not only the program but the community's excitement and commitment. Program needs a shot in the arm.
I agree Braden should be. But...... I'm hearing Braden is 1 of 4 that is being looked at. The only other QB I know of is the Castle boy. The other 2 I have no clue who they would be. Unless we are going to put a RB back there and run the offense out of the "wildcat" like we did a few years ago with Nick Kost when Lane went down in week 1. Also, I'm not 100% but I've heard Billy is taking the offense over this year.

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:22 am

I agree Braden should be. But...... I'm hearing Braden is 1 of 4 that is being looked at. The only other QB I know of is the Castle boy. The other 2 I have no clue who they would be. Unless we are going to put a RB back there and run the offense out of the "wildcat" like we did a few years ago with Nick Kost when Lane went down in week 1. Also, I'm not 100% but I've heard Billy is taking the offense over this year.
Sounds good with Billy taking over the offense. Might see something different this year and be able to score more.

Return to “Football”