Tri-Valley 48 Logan 7

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Tri-Valley 48 Logan 7

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:57 am Has Logan ever went 0-10?
Nope!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LHS 72 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:15 am Mistakes and more mistakes! Sad! :oops:
Very sad. Have some good athletes to compete, but the boys aren't prepared. Anyone who stays in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 and knows they've had numerous bad snaps isn't thinking clearly. Why gamble. Get under center for crying out loud. Other areas needs work as well. Bad on the fly decision making is killing them. Don't know what else to say, but I'm sorry, " but completely unbelievable".

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 pm
Very sad. Have some good athletes to compete, but the boys aren't prepared. Anyone who stays in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 and knows they've had numerous bad snaps isn't thinking clearly. Why gamble. Get under center for crying out loud. Other areas needs work as well. Bad on the fly decision making is killing them. Don't know what else to say, but I'm sorry, " but completely unbelievable".
I have to agree with Moon "The Fat Lady is warming up" :oops:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LHS 72 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:24 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 pm
I have to agree with Moon "The Fat Lady is warming up" :oops:
Yep, Many would tell ya she's just around the corner too. ;)

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Logan is completely outmanned! I saw about as many players standing around on the sidelines injured as about as many dressed. It is sad. I have to question the determination of some of the players where they really want to play or not. Logan is a really bad program right now! The bad snaps on offense are just killing them. The projected starting center quit before first scrimmage to concentrate on track according to the radio. Football is declared dead at Logan right now. The offense was moving the ball but a bad snap or penkalkeek would stop them. The defense? Well nothing to say there it is just terrible right now. Lack of speed is glaring on both sides of the ball. Teays is supposed to be really loaded according to Wade on the radio so it could be another long one. Lets just hope they can put this behind them and not completely unravel.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

mattash wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:50 pm Final Tri-Valley 48 Logan 7
Come someone post box score with stats
Scotties 48, Chiefs 7

Quarters 1 2 3 4 T

T-V 13 21 7 7 48

Team Statistics T L

First Downs 15 11

Offensive Plays 40 55

Rushes-Yards 21-88 43-100

Passing Yards 207 66

Total Yards 295 166

Passes 16-19-0 7-12-1

Punts-Avg. 1-55.0 3-41.3

Fumbles-Lost 1-1 1-0

Penalties-Yards 1-5 7-45

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:04 pm Logan is completely outmanned! I saw about as many players standing around on the sidelines injured as about as many dressed. It is sad. I have to question the determination of some of the players where they really want to play or not. Logan is a really bad program right now! The bad snaps on offense are just killing them. The projected starting center quit before first scrimmage to concentrate on track according to the radio. Football is declared dead at Logan right now. The offense was moving the ball but a bad snap or penkalkeek would stop them. The defense? Well nothing to say there it is just terrible right now. Lack of speed is glaring on both sides of the ball. Teays is supposed to be really loaded according to Wade on the radio so it could be another long one. Lets just hope they can put this behind them and not completely unravel.
Los of stuff that's happening that shouldn't be, can be corrected from the sidelines. If there is numerous bad snaps like last night, why keep playing in the shotgun specially on a 3rd down a 2 and hope the bad snaps goes away. There's two sides to this coin and one side needs to be wiser and make better do with a product. "Numerous mistakes from being unprepared". Very plain to see, and other eyes are seeing it that you would think would be quiet about it. Teays will be tough, but if Logan is unprepared and making silly mistakes and bad decisions are made it will be another long night with no fight. Did you go to the game, Bolt? You mentioned radio. I didn't but hearing from people that did and the radio. Wade also was not in favor of the shotgun with all the bad snaps on the 3rd and 2. His exact words was get under center old school style with that many bad snaps. Now, wouldn't that have been a good decision from the sidelines going under center, or just keep hoping the bad long shotgun snaps will go away. :lol: :lol: Com on!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree with the change in center so quick probably would be better to put him under center. I can see why Burke wants him in the shotgun, with a short quarterback it is much easier to see the field from the shotgun than under center, but with the turmoil that happen at center before the first scrimmage it probably would have been best to get under center until at least the replacement can get some experience. I went to the game and listen to the radio replay when I got home. Wade did mention he would rather see the QB under center esp. that fourth and short play, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway Logan has way too many other problems right now other than the QB/CENTER exchange. Wade said the snaps have to be good with Logan's offense because it messes up the timing if not. The game was already over at that point. It was over as soon as the Scotties kicked off.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Heard him. Any bad snap is bad with timing, and messes up the whole play. That's common sense. There was bad snaps early too Bolt. Have as many bad snaps as they did last night, "regardless of the new center" it should have been changed sooner. It was worked on in practice but still was a problem. Add that in with all the other mistakes and you get hammered. No preparedness what so ever with bad decisions and you get that look you are talking about where the players don't look like they want to play. It's called confusion. Spatar is quick enough to get his sights down under center. Be better than chasing the ball snapped over his head or under snapped which wastes more time dealing with it. Yep, look for a long season, and unpreparedness and decision making is the main theme again this year. I'm done ranting along with many others that's not even on this site. Letting it go.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley might be the best team Logan plays this year. (Sheridan is also really good.) I wouldn't judge the whole season on this one game.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Don't worry, I'm not. Still should have put up a better fight than 48-7. We will see if the decision making/mistakes gets better as the season moves forth. GO CHIEFS!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Didn't attend the game. I assume the athletic dept. appreciated my season ticket revenue. I can't comment on the game. I can say this is completely unacceptable. But who am I? Cash my check. Carry on.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Based on what I heard when in town 10 days ago and now the debacle in the opener, looking at the schedule, I see them winning a max of two games. And Teays Valley isn’t one of them.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:17 pm Tri-Valley might be the best team Logan plays this year. (Sheridan is also really good.) I wouldn't judge the whole season on this one game.
This is probably true. Garfield Heights looks to be extremely strong later in the season as well.

Logan's schedule might be slightly weaker at the top end but much stronger at the bottom end than last season (No Warren, Hamilton Ross, Minford, and Meigs will be much stronger).

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Best be ready for Garfield Hts. They take no prisoners.

I would agree Logan’s schedule is tougher this year. But no excuse for not being prepared.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”