2018 Southeastern Ohio Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Teams That Will Shock People In 2018

Post by greygoose »

Depends on what your definition of shock is really. Is it a team that simply makes the playoffs that typically doesn't even if they don't have success in the playoffs?? Is it the team that typically that you typically don't see, like a Madison who never made the playoffs, make a deep run in the playoffs?? How about a team that is typically a 3-4 win team but wins 9-10 games??

Bdawg79
Waterboy

Post by Bdawg79 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:47 pm I think Burg will shock some people on how good they will be next year as well. Defensively they will take a step back but they will be a juggernaut offensively.
I agree I still feel like once they gel defensively they will be once again a run stopper. With that said I feel like donnini will be the leading tackler

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:47 pm I think Burg will shock some people on how good they will be next year as well. Defensively they will take a step back but they will be a juggernaut offensively.
Do you think “defending state champs will be good again” constitutes ‘shocking’?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am
Do you think “defending state champs will be good again” constitutes ‘shocking’?
Not in the least bit, talking about a team that has won what at least 2 games in the playoffs for a few years in a row now. Sorry but listing them as a shocking team to do whatever, unless we're talking about a repeat just doesn't qualify in my books. Like when someone mentioned Bishop Hartley really the only shocker by either of those teams is if we're talking about 2 teams that finish with 5-7 wins.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Absolutely. I think most people think burg will not be able to duplicate themselves and this years accomplishments with what they are losing. I for one think people will be shocked of how good they can be next year if they can gel an offensive line. The title was shock not who will be good.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm
The title was shock not who will be good.
Good call.
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 am
sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am Bishop Hartley. And in 2019. One heck of a sophomore class, and a bunch were varsity starters this season.
Why would a private school in Hartley that can attract athletes to their school be a shock? They should be good.
There is a whole page dedicated to recruiting on their athletic website for crying out loud. I hope Burg waxes them next year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:38 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm

The title was shock not who will be good.
Good call.
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 am
sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am Bishop Hartley. And in 2019. One heck of a sophomore class, and a bunch were varsity starters this season.
Why would a private school in Hartley that can attract athletes to their school be a shock? They should be good.
There is a whole page dedicated to recruiting on their athletic website for crying out loud. I hope Burg waxes them next year.
Ok you got me on the They should be good however the shock value would not even compare with Hartley and burg. Burg has two state title appearances. How many does Hartley have with the ability to attract top athletes? Hence why I made the point about “shocking”. Apparently this title should be who will be a team that will be way better than they were last year to alleviate confusion. And yes I think it would shock people if burg were to go to the state championship game again considering it was 27 years before they were there the first time.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018

Post by mattash »

Almost time

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”