Should Your School Be allowed to Recruit?????

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Should Your School Be allowed to Recruit?????

Post by farmer8 »

Thoughts??????

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Should Your School Be allowed to Recruit?????

Post by wobycat »

Explain? Like legally?

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Sure. Since we're already accused of it by clueless jackwagons.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Akron Hoban one is great. The QB lives in Youngstown but drives to Akron. They will get in trouble since they stole him from Cardinal Money. Pickerington also recruits very well

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

Proving that a school or program "recruited" a player is impossible without a paper trail.

And I'm not sure that the OHSAA really cares when there is a paper trail.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

Everyone should be allowed to do anything they want. You should be able pay player and even offer them cars. We should all step it up and recruit these athletes and use ANY means necessary

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is it recruiting if a player is good but played for a sub .500 team as a 10th grader and wants to drive to the next county to attend a very good school with open enrollment? This happen a lot all over Ohio.

Now you have a player that knows he will not get much playing time next year so he drives to a school a county away because he knows he will be a starter at his new school.

These two examples are about the same but the good player that drives a county away, people will hear about before the other example. A lot of times in the 1st example people will say he was recruited where the 2nd example they will just say he transferred.

I can remember several years ago people were saying with the strong industry in the Pickerington area they were offering or wanting parents from other schools where their son was playing to look into them getting work in the Pickerington area so their kid could play at Pickerington. This was actually to do with the girls basketball team when they were making all those finals.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

morganjones wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:16 pmProving that a school or program "recruited" a player is impossible without a paper trail.
Concerned citizens provided some photos and a video that got the Hoban coach busted. St Hilary and some middle school in Kent, Ohio is what earned him a two game suspension and a very brutal training session. Two for one special, I guess.

An angry SVSM (they are beating us at our own game) dad told me that their people had seen him at nine different schools spread all over northeast Ohio, even up in Lake territory. I asked what their people were doing there. Zing!

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 pm
morganjones wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:16 pmProving that a school or program "recruited" a player is impossible without a paper trail.
Concerned citizens provided some photos and a video that got the Hoban coach busted. St Hilary and some middle school in Kent, Ohio is what earned him a two game suspension and a very brutal training session. Two for one special, I guess.

An angry SVSM (they are beating us at our own game) dad told me that their people had seen him at nine different schools spread all over northeast Ohio, even up in Lake territory. I asked what their people were doing there. Zing!
that would count as a paper trail. LOL

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:31 pmI can remember several years ago people were saying with the strong industry in the Pickerington area they were offering or wanting parents from other schools where their son was playing to look into them getting work in the Pickerington area so their kid could play at Pickerington. This was actually to do with the girls basketball team when they were making all those finals.
Other than some slipper company and a crapton of pizza joints in strip malls, there is no industry in Pickerington. The old 80s culture of families renting apartments for high school (usually just girl's baseketball) is (mostly) gone now. Most players start early with PYAA nowadays. It's probably the best youth group on this part of town. Even back then, prospects moved here. I don't think any recruiting was going on. Good and successful programs draw more kids than they need.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I wouldn't say that "renting" apartments is dead now. Football and basketball players families still do it.

Have gun, will travel
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:46 pm The Akron Hoban one is great. The QB lives in Youngstown but drives to Akron. They will get in trouble since they stole him from Cardinal Money. Pickerington also recruits very well
You mean the 16 year old freshman QB that is driving :o

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Paladin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 pmI wouldn't say that "renting" apartments is dead now. Football and basketball players families still do it.
Renting for just the four years of high school is mostly gone. Most are now permanent move-ins who got here young. Property values went to crap in 2007, so there are a lot of affordable rental homes in the area in addition to apartments. Bonafide x-star mercenary guys are everywhere now, but, these days, Pickerington guys trend more to homegrown. Ish. I'd bet nearly all of them were here by 3rd/4th grade.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

OHSAA spends more time on compliance, enforcement and legal issues than anything else. How about we do away with OHSAA and make every sport a club sport with little if any regulations, and then we could all recruit whoever we wanted. Just like AAU. LOL!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Pickerington has so many apartments built so it doesn't take too long to get to work in the Columbus area. Their city limits seem to be a large area.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I remember hearing a slew of star Reynoldsburg players used to flock on over to Picktown when their pay to play was so high. Since they lowered it years ago they might not these days and Reynoldsburg is more competitive than they were back then.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

These days you can't tell where Pickerington ends and Reynoldsburg starts.

Needs to be called Pickinsburg.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

In our area it's Burg now, it used to be Notre Dame. I used to hate this but I've grown to understand it. Why wouldn't a kid and parent want the best? From the start of peewee in every sport Wheelersburg has a program that is second to none. So I wouldn't call it recruiting it's kids and parents sick of seeing the same shot and wanting to go to the best.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Nut wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:31 am In our area it's Burg now, it used to be Notre Dame. I used to hate this but I've grown to understand it. Why wouldn't a kid and parent want the best? From the start of peewee in every sport Wheelersburg has a program that is second to none. So I wouldn't call it recruiting it's kids and parents sick of seeing the same shot and wanting to go to the best.
you should edit that post to get rid of kids and insert boosters. Money and incentives talk.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Schools do recruit.

The success of the their academic and sports programs, the passion of their fan base, their facilities, the breadth of their extracurricular activities, the quality of their kids that represent the community.

No coach or administrator has to say a word to anyone.

Parents and kids see it, read it, and can feel it.

So yeah, Schools can recruit.

Return to “Football”