Should Your School Be allowed to Recruit?????

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Should Your School Be allowed to Recruit?????

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm
B-ball-fan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 am I would be willing to bet a Ribber dinner that at least 1 of those kids go to Burg. I work with a very reliable source on this matter. It could very well be 2 of them. They are still working on it.
If anyone leaves it will be a shock. I've heard talk but told by kids there just spreading rumors. We shall see I guess.
Even if these kids do come to Burg, playing time is not guaranteed. It’s earned week in and week out. They will have to put in the work. We will see how it all shakes out come week 1.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Lot of rumors going around.
If a player transfers open enrollment now, do they not have to sit out 50% of next year's games after they start 7th grade.

Some people think if they transfer now, they wouldn't have to sit next year but I thought that you had to sit 50% of all sports unless you live in the district?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Westfan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 am Lot of rumors going around.
If a player transfers open enrollment now, do they not have to sit out 50% of next year's games after they start 7th grade.

Some people think if they transfer now, they wouldn't have to sit next year but I thought that you had to sit 50% of all sports unless you live in the district?
Essentially, yes. But there's all kinds of loopholes around it.

By moving residences inside the new school district TYPICALLY the student won't have to sit out. If they are afraid they still would have to, they can even pull the card of "I was bullied at my last school" and that can get them automatically eligible. Not trying to poke fun at bullying, obviously in many cases this is a good part added into the transfer bylaw, but there's also a way to take advantage of it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Junior high kids are not affected by this rule. You have to establish yourself as a freshmen before this rule applies.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Nut wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 pm If Burg adds Parker at running back, Boehm on the line, and Wilson at lb they repeat and that's unheard of around here.
Where is the Wilson kid from?

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 pm
Nut wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 pm If Burg adds Parker at running back, Boehm on the line, and Wilson at lb they repeat and that's unheard of around here.
Where is the Wilson kid from?
Ironton

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Will it makes us easier to watch? If so, then heck yes we should recruit!

Return to “Football”