NutBusterVC
Waterboy

Re: 2018 TVC Ohio

Post by NutBusterVC »

koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:16 pm
Solomon wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Jebro_17 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Ok so what's your point?
They wont win a game. My people are telling me that there are entire families leaving the school district because the football coach refuses to practice. No 2 a-days, no 7 on 7, and done with practice by 5 during the season. Where's hawkeyepierce or Dundas on this?
Sad. Where is Jack O'Rourk when you need him? :o
We would run threw walls for JackieO. Just ask Kenny Bixx. Give him a few beers and he would bust some heads. I thought we had a chance to recapture that when we hired Jesty.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

NutBusterVC wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am
Solomon wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm They wont win a game. My people are telling me that there are entire families leaving the school district because the football coach refuses to practice. No 2 a-days, no 7 on 7, and done with practice by 5 during the season. Where's hawkeyepierce or Dundas on this?
We would run threw walls for JackieO. Just ask Kenny Bixx. Give him a few beers and he would bust some heads. I thought we had a chance to recapture that when we hired Jesty.
I am not touching this...other than to say this...I hope that commonsense prevails, because there is no winning, only degrees of losing. And I don't mean in the sense of a win/loss record...but rather opinions, attitudes, perceptions, and expectations. Everyone has them, and everyone thinks that they are right. I do, I do hope that commonsense prevails.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 am
NutBusterVC wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am

I am not touching this...other than to say this...I hope that commonsense prevails, because there is no winning, only degrees of losing. And I don't mean in the sense of a win/loss record...but rather opinions, attitudes, perceptions, and expectations. Everyone has them, and everyone thinks that they are right. I do, I do hope that commonsense prevails.
They had a chance to get "Jackie O" back last time, but instead brought in the 4th or 5th "proven winner" in a row. So you people need to get more involved if you really want him to return next time the job opens. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
NutBusterVC
Waterboy

Post by NutBusterVC »

If they had followed the standards used to find a good coach this wouldnt have happened. These are a matter of public record. Does anyone remember?

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

NutBusterVC wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:39 am If they had followed the standards used to find a good coach this wouldnt have happened. These are a matter of public record. Does anyone remember?
The next coach they get needs to have one of those cool names. :D

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Deez Nutz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 pm The next coach they get needs to have one of those cool names. :D
Yes, like “Deez Nuts!”

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

Sid Farkus wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:07 pm
Deez Nutz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 pm The next coach they get needs to have one of those cool names. :D
Yes, like “Deez Nuts!”
Nah, no intent of coaching any time soon. But more like Jesty, Dutch, Jackie O, and so on. ;)

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Deez Nutz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm
Yes, like “Deez Nuts!”
Nah, no intent of coaching any time soon. But more like Jesty, Dutch, Jackie O, and so on. ;)
Or maybe, "Pup!"

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Sid Farkus wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:20 pm
Deez Nutz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm
Yes, like “Deez Nuts!”
Or maybe, "Pup!"
"Buzz."

Buzz Kirkhart was a he11 of a coach. Coached a 9-0 Eastern team in the early 70's and then went on to win two state championships at Tiffin Calvert. I always planned to name my first born "Buzz." :mrgreen:

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 TVC-Ohio Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by juicebox »

Wellston will be the strongest team in the T.V.C. year in and year out while Lucas is there. However the will be a .500 team most years.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:13 pm
bburner wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:11 am Nelsonville-York has won the TVC about 50% of the time since 1970. Everyone else combined has won the other 50%. Since Athens joined the TVC, either NY or Athens has won the TVC every year except the year Alexander won it.

Just going off the law of averages, it is highly probable that either NY or Athens will win the TVC in any given year.
NY defense is loosing Cooke, Williams, Richards, Maiden from D backfield; Wend & Yinger at LB, both DE's. They are loosing the best QB they have ever had & their recievers. The new QB, whoever that ends up is untested. If they win 8 games, Richards should win Ohio COY. That said......it's possible!

If you look at NY history, you will find many years where NY lost most starters to graduation and the next group stepped up and won the conference again the following year. Winning programs don’t rebuild, they reload.

True that

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

As we close in on 4 weeks till Week 1, I figured I would give a stab at my predictions for TVC-Ohio 2018.

1- Athens
2- Nelsonville-York
3- Wellston
4- Meigs
5- RV
6- Alexander
7- Vinton County

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
SEOhioFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOhioFootballFan »

I think Meigs will stay healthy and contend for the Championship this year

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

could breaks in the games go a little differently than as expected the top 3 could shuffle around a bit

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Slothman
Freshman Team

T.V.C. Ohio

Post by Slothman »

Why is the League so down? Other than Athens which given their size they aren’t very good either . Case in point. Athens has lost to Fairland who is going to finish probably behind four teams in the O.V.C. This is not a post to bash these schools , rather a legitimate question to the state of the league as far as football is concerned. I just dont understand why the league is so down , while other leagues like the S.O.C 1 , O.V.C. and even the S.V.L. all of which I believe our best team the Athens wouldn't win any of these league .Again not picking on Athens here just using them as a reference because they look to be the team that will win the T.V.C. Ohio.

Discuss, please no bashing of schools here!
Last edited by Slothman on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OSU22
Varsity

Re: T.V.C. Ohio

Post by OSU22 »

Here's the way I look at it. The TVC was pretty Senior heavy the last two years. I see most of the TVC schools with underclassman not only getting significant playing time, but starting. The lack of experience could be the main factor in all of it. Looking at the schools

Alexander- Won the league a few years ago but graduated over 20 seniors, all of which started or got significant playing time. The underclassmen hardly touched the field and are now in the midst of rebuilding.

Athens- Has their qb and rb's back but lost their big threats at WR. Granted, a school the size of athens should be able to replace them but those two were exceptional athletes.

Meigs- Would think Meigs would be solid every year but again lost some key players to graduation, they're currently playing with a freshman qb. The one who is the leader on the field is 14-15 years old.

Nelsonville-York- Lost the Co-offensive TVC MVP and the Defensive MVP, both All state players. everybody but Wilburn and McCollister are gone from that team last year. 16 Seniors graduated who had some sort of varsity role from their sophomore year on. New faces all over the place

River Valley- 1 they lost some very good athletes, especially their qb and 2 a new coach with an entirely new system. Went from 4-5 wide, throwing the ball almost every play to double tight sets trying to ground and pound. It may take some time before their kids fit the system.

Vinton County- Again lost the Co-Offensive MVP of the TVC and then some transferred away leaving inexperienced kids to step up into a system they may not be ready for.

Wellston- packaged with losing their seniors as well they also play a pretty tough schedule to start the year with Jackson, Paint Valley & Portsmouth West. And with their double tight sets and ground and pound mentality as well it's hard to fight back when you get down quickly when your main objective is running the ball the majority of the game.

This is all just an opinion, obviously I want the TVC to be great! But the only thing I see is just lack of experience from all of the teams. It seams as if there are just more underclassman or even upperclassmen on the field who haven't seen a ton of varsity action before this year.

I hope the rest of the year allows the teams to gain some confidence and momentum and hopefully get a few into the playoffs!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The TVC has been pretty darn good for about 9 straight years. Multiple regional title games and tons of playoff wins between Athens, NY & even Alex a few times.

Can't stay on top every single year, every team/league takes a dip, with the exception of a few like the mighty Mac.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Not many schools in the region would have survived NY's nonleague schedule either.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Meigs, Nelsonville-York, River Valley, VInton County, and Wellston have all played tough non conference schedules. Their opponents are a combined 47-17 so far this year. That may have a lot to do with the poor records of the TVC. Only Athens and Alexander are .500 or better but their non conference has only combined for a record of 6-17. Overall that takes the TVC opponents record for the conference down to 53-44 overall.
Last edited by Dundas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”