2018 TVC-Ohio Football

indianabuck
All State

Re: 2018 TVC Ohio

Post by indianabuck »

Serious question, could Alex drop football in this scenario? I know they already have soccer. Isn't football the most expensive sport to cover for an athletic department?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

indianabuck wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 pm Serious question, could Alex drop football in this scenario? I know they already have soccer. Isn't football the most expensive sport to cover for an athletic department?
They could but I don't think they will.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 pm Athens may be getting some transfers soon.
Well a state title was won when we combined forces :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What ends up happening in these types of scenarios is numbers start to decline (if pay to play is adopted) - and lets face it, Alexander can't afford to lose any more bodies. Your numbers go down, your success rate drops. If you become a traditionally bad team, then that next really great athlete will probably transfer or open enroll to the neighboring school. I know of at least two really, really good sophomore athletes at Athens right now that should be Lancers, but are Bulldogs ... And can you blame them for that leaving that circus in Stewart?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 am What ends up happening in these types of scenarios is numbers start to decline (if pay to play is adopted) - and lets face it, Alexander can't afford to lose any more bodies. Your numbers go down, your success rate drops. If you become a traditionally bad team, then that next really great athlete will probably transfer or open enroll to the neighboring school. I know of at least two really, really good sophomore athletes at Athens right now that should be Lancers, but are Bulldogs ... And can you blame them for that leaving that circus in Stewart?
I remember when Warren was pretty good at all sports and then they added pay to play, Warren’s athletics took a pretty big hit.

Hopefully the Terry kid transfers to Athens

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 pm
koondoger wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:51 pm

What is the percentage Athens has won since their inauguration into the TVC? No idea but seems to be > .500 for sure maybe close to .700?
They are 46-10 for an 82% winning record in the TVC. But Davey lost to them 5 years in a row. Rusty won't do that, and will probably beat them 9 out of 10 years so while they did dominate during a brief 4 year stretch that has ended. If Meigs gets those move ins like I've heard Athens will be lucky to finish 3rd next year.
I meant record against NY. Is it close to 82% as well?
No, 50%. And that's with Davey. Wait and see what Rusty hangs on them cause he's never lost to Athens. It will be much worse, and NY is D6 compared to D3 Athens.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Jebro_17 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:00 pm
ARod74 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 am vinton county will be last place this year. yates is the only reason they were ok for the past 4 years.
Ok so what's your point?
They wont win a game. My people are telling me that there are entire families leaving the school district because the football coach refuses to practice. No 2 a-days, no 7 on 7, and done with practice by 5 during the season. Where's hawkeyepierce or Dundas on this?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Solomon wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm
ARod74 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 am vinton county will be last place this year. yates is the only reason they were ok for the past 4 years.
Ok so what's your point?
They wont win a game. My people are telling me that there are entire families leaving the school district because the football coach refuses to practice. No 2 a-days, no 7 on 7, and done with practice by 5 during the season. Where's hawkeyepierce or Dundas on this?
Sad. Where is Jack O'Rourk when you need him? :o

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Now that the prison is gone, Hocking College is close to closing, and The Plains is about to add 50 families in that housing complex, how long until Trimble and NY consolidate?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:32 pm Now that the prison is gone, Hocking College is close to closing, and The Plains is about to add 50 families in that housing complex, how long until Trimble and NY consolidate?
There's a better chance of Joe Burrows starting at tOSU next year than that happening. But glad to see The Plains adding more low income housing. That will make them more like the other schools in these parts, and maybe add some of that toughness like they use to get from Chauncey and Millfield when people lived there. :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 pm There's a better chance of Joe Burrows starting at tOSU next year than that happening. But glad to see The Plains adding more low income housing. That will make them more like the other schools in these parts, and maybe add some of that toughness like they use to get from Chauncey and Millfield when people lived there. :mrgreen:
The best athletes in south east Ohio come from The Plains. The Dover Township kids don’t play sports

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:18 pm
koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 pm There's a better chance of Joe Burrows starting at tOSU next year than that happening. But glad to see The Plains adding more low income housing. That will make them more like the other schools in these parts, and maybe add some of that toughness like they use to get from Chauncey and Millfield when people lived there. :mrgreen:
The best athletes in south east Ohio come from The Plains. The Dover Township kids don’t play sports
So there you go, they will play since they will now live in The Plains. But I remember bruisers named Kostival and Abdella, just to name a few. Those boys would put a tatooing on you. Athens doesn't have that anymore. Recently they've had ILB's that measure 5'2" and a buck nothing, and such. :mrgreen:

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:18 pm
What????

That girls team your dad loved so much with the Willis twins started 5 Chauncey girls!

And koondogger is right, been times when Athens was loaded with Chauncey & millfield kids. Kostival, Abdella, Earich, Lyons ... I'm from Chauncey you jackwagon. Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

All the OU coaches live in The Plains. Those are by far the best athletes in all of south east Ohio

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Heck we have a soccer coach in prison

NutBusterVC
Waterboy

Post by NutBusterVC »

koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:16 pm
Solomon wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Ok so what's your point?
We would run threw walls for JackieO. Just ask Kenny Bixx. Give him a few beers and he would bust some heads. I thought we had a chance to recapture that when we hired Jesty.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

NutBusterVC wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am
Solomon wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm They wont win a game. My people are telling me that there are entire families leaving the school district because the football coach refuses to practice. No 2 a-days, no 7 on 7, and done with practice by 5 during the season. Where's hawkeyepierce or Dundas on this?
We would run threw walls for JackieO. Just ask Kenny Bixx. Give him a few beers and he would bust some heads. I thought we had a chance to recapture that when we hired Jesty.
I am not touching this...other than to say this...I hope that commonsense prevails, because there is no winning, only degrees of losing. And I don't mean in the sense of a win/loss record...but rather opinions, attitudes, perceptions, and expectations. Everyone has them, and everyone thinks that they are right. I do, I do hope that commonsense prevails.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 am
NutBusterVC wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am

I am not touching this...other than to say this...I hope that commonsense prevails, because there is no winning, only degrees of losing. And I don't mean in the sense of a win/loss record...but rather opinions, attitudes, perceptions, and expectations. Everyone has them, and everyone thinks that they are right. I do, I do hope that commonsense prevails.
They had a chance to get "Jackie O" back last time, but instead brought in the 4th or 5th "proven winner" in a row. So you people need to get more involved if you really want him to return next time the job opens. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
NutBusterVC
Waterboy

Post by NutBusterVC »

If they had followed the standards used to find a good coach this wouldnt have happened. These are a matter of public record. Does anyone remember?

Return to “Football”