2018 Portsmouth Trojans Football Outlook

Prime Time
All State

Re: Portsmouth Football Coach

Post by Prime Time »

Ptownclown, one of best posts of read on this site. You sound like a standup person that know where it starts. Thank you for your thoughts here.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Its called leadership.Im wondering from where it will come.We need a leader!

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:34 pm I was told today it's between kalb or born. How true who knows but thats what was whispered to me. Cadogen has coaching in swimming and track which he doesn't want to give up respectfully so. He would have to give those up. Just sharing what info I get. It could be fake news.
I was told the same this morning. I see why kids wanna transfer.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

As I take some time between slices of my extra sloppy pepperoni pizza from Papa John’s with garlic butter dripping off my chin, delivered by some elderly gentleman in a car that if it was white I would have sworn it was a golf cart,I decided to check in on the latest rumors surrounding Portsmouth’s next head football coach...any news?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

trojandave wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm trojan 85: For the last 10 years, the Trojans have gone 35-65 and I can count the games I've missed, home and road, on 1 hand. I am one fan that can actually watch a losing team play. I don't like it, but I will still show up to watch my Trojans. I grew up in the 70's a Cleveland Indians fan, and they were horrible, a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, and they won only 15 games their first season in 1969-70, and didn't win a championship until 2016. I am a Cleveland Browns fan, and they are 1-29 in their last 30 games. I've had good training following losing teams. I am not going to let a losing team disrupt my everyday life. As bad as it's been for Trojan football the past decade, it won't last forever.

One of the easiest things in the world is to follow a team that wins every year. Must really be easy to be a Pittsburgh Steelers or New England Patriots fan, knowing that they will contend for the Super Bowl every year. Same with being a New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox fan.

I've seen more and more Alabama clothing here in the Portsmouth area, where there used to be virtually no one wearing Crimson Tide stuff. Some people just think they have to follow a winner which I guess inflates their self-esteem.
You Sir are a sick man lol
Rooting for the Cleveland trifecta is like rooting for SATAN, The Taliban and your ex-wife!!!!!!

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Post by Beergoggleblues »

PtownClown wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:53 pm As I take some time between slices of my extra sloppy pepperoni pizza from Papa John’s with garlic butter dripping off my chin, delivered by some elderly gentleman in a car that if it was white I would have sworn it was a golf cart,I decided to check in on the latest rumors surrounding Portsmouth’s next head football coach...any news?
Nothing. I was told it's internal posted until the 20th. Was told someone, I forgot the name from Russell ky is interested. I just logged on to check as well lol

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

PtownClown wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:53 pm As I take some time between slices of my extra sloppy pepperoni pizza from Papa John’s with garlic butter dripping off my chin, delivered by some elderly gentleman in a car that if it was white I would have sworn it was a golf cart,I decided to check in on the latest rumors surrounding Portsmouth’s next head football coach...any news?

Wait!!!! They don't make golf carts in colors? ??
Oh ,I have a million dollar ideal.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Is the new coach getting a golf cart and Papa John's pizza as a signing bonus?

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

farmer wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:50 pm Is the new coach getting a golf cart and Papa John's pizza as a signing bonus?

No a golf cart won't get him out of town fast enough

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Any news on the Trojan front?

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Nothing yet. Was told the 20th. That had past. Its still not posted. Id say it's a internal hire. Hopefully should know pretty soon if there doing in house or something. I know the kids are wondering who is leading this team next year.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I was told it's definitely an internal hire. They will NOT be opening it to outside candidates. They will hire the new coach at the next board meeting. I believe she said the January 12 meeting.

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

It's in fellows. Just got the word. Kalb is the new coach. Well a reliable source just told me

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Re: Who will take over in Portsmouth

Kalb got the job.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

If true it’s a good hire. Why wouldn’t you hire someone from the current staff that was a part of Back to back non losing seasons? Not only is Bruce a great coach but more importantly he is a great man, father, and husband. Not to mention he is very intelligent. With him in charge and Matiz, Mayo, Cagogen, and Born on board I dont see how Portsmouth could have a much better staff. Again he faces many obstacles/ challenges but if he can withstand the current administration ( they won’t be around forever) and get the parents on board with allowing him to be more hands-on at the pee wee level, I truly believe that he will be able to finish what AD started, which is a more respectable football program. I just wanna remind all the coach bashers out there again...6-4 and 5-5 the last two seasons... the best seasons PHS has had in a long time... I know this past season was a disappointment to some but considering the injuries to your top running back as well as your future D1 lineman, the depth is just not there to overcome those type of losses. Again if true, big congrats to Bruce! Just like AD, another person you should want your kids around as much as possible.

trojan_85
Waterboy

Post by trojan_85 »

Ptownclown i hope to god you were being sarcastic or are you really a clown

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

I was really hoping the offense ran would be gone with a new hire. But we hired our offensive coordinator. Nothing will change. We need to throw that playbook and qb sneaks in the trash can. I'll be there every game no matter what. They wanted to hire within. There was not a thought of hiring outside the walls. That's sad. I'm sure there was some interest from others

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Trojan-85:

Sarcasm? Not at all
Have been called a clown before though
U used to go to PHS? 85 grad?
Trojans had a great team in 1984
U play football?
Power football is what they played that year
Killed almost everybody they played
Boomer Reid was a stud
Last edited by PtownClown on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojan_85
Waterboy

Post by trojan_85 »

Exactly right and yes he was , that's the type of football they need to go back to these bubble screens , QB sneaks , option plays don't work or we just don't execute them correctly

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Can any Trojan posters out there provide some details about the new head coach, i.e. previous coaching experience etc? Best of luck to the new coach and the Trojans, every week except week 10. The word up here is that the administration didn't support the previous coaching staff? Evidently not true, if the hire came from within.

Return to “Football”