2018 Portsmouth Trojans Football Outlook

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Portsmouth Football Coach

Post by greygoose »

dontreply wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm What Portsmouth needs is for the parents to start being parents and start teaching their kid when their is controversy they need to man up and work through it and stop jumping school to school because a coach raised his voice and made you piss,down your leg.

Back in the day you had strong kids with strong parents that instilled this in their kids,now days kids and parents tend to be a bunch of pansy ,Portsmouth has lost a lot of kids to some good programs , it hurts Portsmouth but in a way it hurts other programs as well, example ,Andrew bendolph goes to burg,burg has a few "burg" kids not come out that have played all the way up until then ,is it worth winning a few more games at the cost of YOUR kid getting cheated out of what he worked for all through his school career?

Burg has had success a lot to do with Portsmouth kids,but their parents are happy with that as long as they can win.

Also on another note,Cole lowery had a big hand in getting the football team to the state and he is the only reason burg will win some basketball games along with truit who is another transfer, but when its all said and done neither kid is going pro,so what did they do but hurt their home school???
Parents simply don't raise kids these days they let them make their own decisions.
So your idea is to place blame on the parents and the kids??? Let's be real frank here P-town has been going down, down, down for sometime now. They have dropped off in sports, academics and overall outsider appeal as a city. Your solution instead of trying to build up at least ONE of those things is to put the blame on a teenager for not wanting to be there and his/her parents for not forcing their child to be at a place where they are unhappy??? You do see the fault in your ideology here correct??? I mean it seems as if every Trojan fan has complained about the play calling the small town politics the leadership within the program, but yes by all means let's blame the teenager and the parents for wanting to go to a place where they feel they can achieve better things both in school and in athletics. So before you go and rant about how parents don't raise their kids, looks as if they parents are doing exactly what they need to do for their child. Guess the parents just don't want to wait for the adults at p-town to fix things because they've seen that isn't going to happen, that's called parenting and being proactive to a situation instead of reactive. WOW :roll:

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I've said it before and say it again Cole was born in Burg school district he was just coming home.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

just my two cents worth, which is about nothing...
We have open enrollment here in Arizona and I have mixed
feeling toward them.
Charter schools are becoming huge here and are into sports
and other after school events.
From a standpoint of not having children in school for over 30 years
I do think open enrollment has hurt public schools in some parts of Phoenix
metro ( will not include rest of state as I do not follow) however, what has
happened here is the schools that are football, basketball, baseball and track
have become stronger as kids migrate towards schools that might afford them
a chance of higher level of play and a chance for a scholarship, for this I say ,,,go
for it.
Schools such as PHS, my alma mater btw, have been left behind and I do lay
that on admin.
Having said that,,,,Go Trojans

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

My two cents again it starts at top super then principal then ad and then coach. But where does school boards come into play or do they. Other question that pops in my mind is it seems all coach’s being hired are phs people. Are super. Principle. Ad All phs alums. Trying to get a feel of hiring process there. How is other sports at phs is everybody alums. What kind of success are these coach’s having. Anyway I hope things get straighten out down on the river.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

I feel da MOJO and JUJU running through da veins of all da Trojan faithful. Da Trojans will rise again!

We all leave Portsmouth for various reasons, but Portsmouth never leaves our soul.

Lead, follow, or get da he11 out of da way!

Once a Trojan, always a Trojan!

We believe in ya, Prince Trojan!

:mrgreen:

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Jesco White wants to be a part of the proud tradition once again at Portsmouth!

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

PDT article on the hiring of Coach Kalb.

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sp ... portsmouth

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Portsmouth Trojans Football Outlook

Post by mattash »

Numbers?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”