2018 Portsmouth Trojans Football Outlook

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth Football Coach

Post by Beergoggleblues »

I was told by a source cadogen said he doesn't want the job. Not because he doesn't want it but has full time coaching with swimming and track. Something was brought up that he would maybe have to give those up and he didn't want too. If true I don't blame him. Head coach takes alot of time. Going to be interesting to see who gets it.

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

dontreply wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:11 pm
Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am Man, I thought my Ironton Fightin Tigers had a brutal and delusional fan base. After reading these threads about the Trojans I have to believe they are even worse. First of all, from my vantage point, the Trojan players aren't very good. The hype is just that...hype! Daddies that probably weren't any good that think their kids are superstars and all going D1. The current head coach and staff at least made the program respectable and competitive after many many years of being atrocious. I have a great idea for portsmouth that would greatly benefit my Fightin Tigers. How about they hire Trojan Dave as Athletic Director. He seems to have all the answers for Trojan athletics. Then they can name Nut as Offensive Coordinator. I'm sure his play calling would be stellar with all his years of experience coaching from the stands. Then get Prime Time and Beergoggleblues to be the other coordinators. All of Portsmouth's problems would be solved then. Somebody should let them all know that Portsmouth is accepting applications. Wonder if any of them could pass a background check to be around kids?
Because fans put their opinion out there about what they feel needs done you post your smart ass remarks to try to be little them?

And no you ate right,your fighten tigers are brutal and delusional, difference is no one from Portsmouth gives a darn about your problems why you up in theirs?

People seem to forget these coaches ,ADs even superintendent work for the tax payers and as tax payers they should be able to post or even ask opinions the way they try to keep it buddy to buddy and not want to talk about it with anyone is bulshit
I'll take the job lol. I can 100% pass a background check. I'm just a fan and critique what I see. I guess I hit a nerve somewhere.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

If donoreply isn’t a mad daddy I don’t know who would be. Can’t see the forest for the trees.

Amazing.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

The job is posted for 5 days lmao I guess that means in house.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 pm
dontreply wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:11 pm
Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am Man, I thought my Ironton Fightin Tigers had a brutal and delusional fan base. After reading these threads about the Trojans I have to believe they are even worse. First of all, from my vantage point, the Trojan players aren't very good. The hype is just that...hype! Daddies that probably weren't any good that think their kids are superstars and all going D1. The current head coach and staff at least made the program respectable and competitive after many many years of being atrocious. I have a great idea for portsmouth that would greatly benefit my Fightin Tigers. How about they hire Trojan Dave as Athletic Director. He seems to have all the answers for Trojan athletics. Then they can name Nut as Offensive Coordinator. I'm sure his play calling would be stellar with all his years of experience coaching from the stands. Then get Prime Time and Beergoggleblues to be the other coordinators. All of Portsmouth's problems would be solved then. Somebody should let them all know that Portsmouth is accepting applications. Wonder if any of them could pass a background check to be around kids?
Because fans put their opinion out there about what they feel needs done you post your smart ass remarks to try to be little them?

And no you ate right,your fighten tigers are brutal and delusional, difference is no one from Portsmouth gives a darn about your problems why you up in theirs?

People seem to forget these coaches ,ADs even superintendent work for the tax payers and as tax payers they should be able to post or even ask opinions the way they try to keep it buddy to buddy and not want to talk about it with anyone is bulshit
I'll take the job lol. I can 100% pass a background check. I'm just a fan and critique what I see. I guess I hit a nerve somewhere.
I don’t think this fool is from Ironton.. coaches wife or mommy I’m sure. Lol

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

fbnut wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm Would a new coach = Burg back on schedule ?
No dog in this fight,but do you really want that at this point in time?

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Black Panther wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 pm
fbnut wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm Would a new coach = Burg back on schedule ?
I think that Pirate ship sailed....Trojans gave up on a easy home and away.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

rxburgfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 am
Black Panther wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:33 pm
rxburgfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 am
Black Panther wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 pm No dog in this fight,but do you really want that at this point in time?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always a large gate regardless of records. Who ever at Ptown thought it was a good idea to drive 4 hours to get their head kicked in? Good call on that one. Lol

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

I was told today it's between kalb or born. How true who knows but thats what was whispered to me. Cadogen has coaching in swimming and track which he doesn't want to give up respectfully so. He would have to give those up. Just sharing what info I get. It could be fake news.

trojan_85
Waterboy

Post by trojan_85 »

I was born and raised in Ptown graduated from PHS if they hire either one of these guys it just proves they could care less about football at Portsmouth., I will never step foot in Portsmouth coliseum again and i am embarrassed to call myself a Trojan what a joke if this is true . Portsmouth is pretty much the laughing stock of southern ohio

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Regardless of who the next football coach is, I will always love my Portsmouth High School and will never be ashamed to call myself a Trojan. I will never let the hire of a coach, even if I don't agree with it, change my loyalty. Good or bad, win or lose, first place or last place, I will always have a deep passion for my Trojans. I do get upset at times, very much so, because I CARE. I will, Lord willing, continue to faithfully follow the fortunes of the football program and always hope for the best for the players and coaches.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Post credentials of both, please.Past head coaching records. What other schools coached etc. Thank you. Question is this a money decision, loyalty decision, friend decision, this seems more intriguing daily.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Portsmouth has always had a good reputation. I always looked forward to playing them because I respected them and always knew we would get their best. I hope the decision they make turns the program around. The same can be said for my Tigers

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Called the School to see if the job was open and they said they were looking internally first before going outside. I think that is a poor way to go about finding the right coach.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

drama in ptown

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
trojan_85
Waterboy

Post by trojan_85 »

So TROJANDAVE you are pretty much saying no matter if the Trojans only win 3 games a season or say go 0-10 for a long period of time it would be fine by you because your a Trojan thru and thru . Well I'm a Trojan thru and thru but this is getting ridiculous c'mon Dave get real , attendance has been dropping off every year you go to the games and the stands are empty because people are ashamed and tired of this crap . The football program is looking like a three ring circus I hope any of these kids that love football and want to play and possibly win transfers somewhere else it would be the best thing they could ever do athletic and academically speaking

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

People that just show up when you're winning aren't true fans. They are band wagoners. Wanna protest something then protest the NFL, these are high school kids.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

trojan 85: For the last 10 years, the Trojans have gone 35-65 and I can count the games I've missed, home and road, on 1 hand. I am one fan that can actually watch a losing team play. I don't like it, but I will still show up to watch my Trojans. I grew up in the 70's a Cleveland Indians fan, and they were horrible, a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, and they won only 15 games their first season in 1969-70, and didn't win a championship until 2016. I am a Cleveland Browns fan, and they are 1-29 in their last 30 games. I've had good training following losing teams. I am not going to let a losing team disrupt my everyday life. As bad as it's been for Trojan football the past decade, it won't last forever.

One of the easiest things in the world is to follow a team that wins every year. Must really be easy to be a Pittsburgh Steelers or New England Patriots fan, knowing that they will contend for the Super Bowl every year. Same with being a New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox fan.

I've seen more and more Alabama clothing here in the Portsmouth area, where there used to be virtually no one wearing Crimson Tide stuff. Some people just think they have to follow a winner which I guess inflates their self-esteem.
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojan_85
Waterboy

Post by trojan_85 »

Hey OAK I've went to every game winning or losing for years so I'm not a band wagoner , so you think this is a protest i guess all the fans that have left out of the stands are protesting too well so be it . and your right this is not the nfl it's kids they are supposed to be taught while playing the game how can they learn with 4 coaches in 7 years and the assistants they have . Oak your probably from a rival school that wants this too keep going down hill in a spiral effect .

Return to “Football”