2018 Ironton Head football coach

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by wobycat »

coach knows wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 am The BOE put all coaches on notice that their jobs would be under review along with their staffs. I asked was that an official announcement? No the 2 said but after the meeting Tuesday and what happened to the baseball coach they should all know now.
Letting go a baseball coach just prior to a season when pre condition is going on makes zero sense to me especially if the coach had a winning season last year. I think reviews are good but they should be handled properly. There should be a protocol

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I would agree but I looked at the Ironton website and that job was poster 12/09/17. I believe and the assistant job is open to.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This is from the schools web site: http://www.tigertown.com/postings/index.htm

Job Openings

The following positions, for the 2017-2018 school year, are currently open with the Ironton City Schools:
Custodian: 200 Days
Substitutes (ex. Bus Driver, Cook, Custodian, Paraprofessional, Secretary, etc.) - As Needed Basis
Tutor - As Needed Basis (ex. Intervention Programs, Home Instruction, Summer School, etc.)

Supplemental Openings

The following supplemental positions, for the 2017-2018 school year, are currently open with the Ironton City Schools:

Assistant Baseball Coach (12/06/17)
Assistant Softball Coach (12/06/17)
Assistant Track Coach (12/12/17)
Assistant Wrestling Coach (11/02/17)
Head Baseball Coach (12/06/2017)

Applications are available on line by clicking Teaching Application, Classified Application, or Athletic Application. Applications are also available at the Ironton Board of Education, 105 South Fifth Street, Ironton, Ohio.

If you plan to apply for a position with the Ironton City Schools, please read this important information before you submit your application.

Employees of the Ironton City School District

Employees of the Ironton City School District that want to be considered for a any of the above job openings may submit an e-mail or a letter of interest to Dean Nance, Superintendent:

dean.nance@tigertown.com

Employment opportunities with the Ironton City Schools are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, or disability.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't see anything about asst. football coaches there. but good luck to them in their searches.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:49 pm This is from the schools web site: http://www.tigertown.com/postings/index.htm

Job Openings

The following positions, for the 2017-2018 school year, are currently open with the Ironton City Schools:
Custodian: 200 Days
Substitutes (ex. Bus Driver, Cook, Custodian, Paraprofessional, Secretary, etc.) - As Needed Basis
Tutor - As Needed Basis (ex. Intervention Programs, Home Instruction, Summer School, etc.)

Supplemental Openings

The following supplemental positions, for the 2017-2018 school year, are currently open with the Ironton City Schools:

Assistant Baseball Coach (12/06/17)
Assistant Softball Coach (12/06/17)
Assistant Track Coach (12/12/17)
Assistant Wrestling Coach (11/02/17)
Head Baseball Coach (12/06/2017)

Applications are available on line by clicking Teaching Application, Classified Application, or Athletic Application. Applications are also available at the Ironton Board of Education, 105 South Fifth Street, Ironton, Ohio.

If you plan to apply for a position with the Ironton City Schools, please read this important information before you submit your application.

Employees of the Ironton City School District

Employees of the Ironton City School District that want to be considered for a any of the above job openings may submit an e-mail or a letter of interest to Dean Nance, Superintendent:

dean.nance@tigertown.com

Employment opportunities with the Ironton City Schools are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, or disability.
Thanks,

If the job was posted how did the head baseball coach not know they would be looking for another coach?

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I was looking at Facebook last night and every time someone does not agree with the Burcham they go crazy about coaching moves. Where were they when they ran Triplett away from Ironton? No where to be seen but behind the seen's they were removing all the playbooks films, etc.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any family is affected by coaching changes. it's only human. I had the same thing happen to me at a peewee level at rock hill, and we were winning a bunch. I hold no grudges with anybody.broke my heart when it happened , because I put everything into those kids. and people have no idea of the time commitment and scrutiny involved. but I was the one that signed up for it. I got over it. and it is part of life.just like any other job. if a coach gets fired/forced out/ or whatever, there is no need to belittle him or his family. if you do something for so long and it's not working, especially in sports then you know change is inevitable. you can't continue to do the same thing in any profession much less sports, and make no changes and expect things to improve. I have nothing but respect for the triplett, burcham, lutz family. they have poured their whole lives into football and turning boys into men. and exposed themselves to any and all scrutiny whether it's justified or not. but when you're a team like ironton with multiple state titles and I don't need to go any further, they were the gold standard for 40 years like burg is now. you start getting busted up by rivals and losing it happens. and a fan has every right to question things and how they are seeing it been done. and ironton football fans are as educated about the game as anybody you'll find. questioning leadership is part of life. ------------------------------------ what's wrong is getting on social media and just bashing the he-- outta somebody or their family. saying stuff like f--- that person or this person. and I have saw it with my own eyes.but have never been a party to that. ------------------- I have however questioned things and I admit that, but I have never, ever bashed somebody. and that was a great comment about coach triplett as well. he was in the SEOAL not the OVC, and had a winning season, beat burg and made the playoffs, never even hardly had time to assemble a staff, then rode roughshod out of his own hometown. I been there so I know. they had the perfect man in place to get the job done and practically horsewhipped him out so coach lutz could come back from retirement for a year. the staff in place is losing a lot of games, big rivalry games, and league games to county schools. it is inevitable there will be change, but respect these men and their families. if you ain't been there, you have no idea how stressful it is on you and your family, the time involved and the heartbreak of growing pains building a program. so rather applaud these people for their efforts and careers and if you have to make changes, they are nothing different than any other school. we have loved their efforts and success.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

School BOE meeting tonight. I am not sure they will have it with school out. I heard 2 coaches have already said they will not return next year to coach football.

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Game day wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am School BOE meeting tonight. I am not sure they will have it with school out. I heard 2 coaches have already said they will not return next year to coach football.
Where did you see there was a school board meeting tonight? And who is the other coach I know one is red.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Herdfan73 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 am
Game day wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am School BOE meeting tonight. I am not sure they will have it with school out. I heard 2 coaches have already said they will not return next year to coach football.
Where did you see there was a school board meeting tonight? And who is the other coach I know one is red.
The next meeting was mentioned in the last meeting when the Super resigned. He is to submit his resignations tonight. That could have changed.

I won't mention the other coach but it should not be hard to figure out with red quitting.

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Game day wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 am
The next meeting was mentioned in the last meeting when the Super resigned. He is to submit his resignations tonight. That could have changed.

I won't mention the other coach but it should not be hard to figure out with red quitting.
O ok cause I looked on tigertown and the next bored meeting is listed for the 22nd.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ok thanks!

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Game day wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 amOk thanks!
Welcome

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The meeting is tonight at 5:30 according to the Ironton Tribune article from the last BOE meeting.

http://www.irontontribune.com/2018/01/0 ... ay-resign/

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any changes made at the most recent meeting

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any word on any of the new assistants.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I believe the meeting was cancelled due to the weather. I have not heard anything about coaches, I know one said he would not return to Ironton. But only time will tell there are several kids that are wondering what will happen next.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm just as excited as anybody else for the future of ironton fighting tiger football moving forward. hopefully I can get back to going on a regular basis. but i'll always be a fighting tiger fan. and I'm proud to have experienced as a youth.if I'm not there I'm glued to the radio. sometimes I regret not coming back after my knee surgery after my sophomore year. but at the time I had a job, and had decided to change gears and go to the vo-ed school and learn a trade. but there has always been an empty spot in my heart for not going back for my last 2 years. but I had a serious gagging disorder, and me n mouthpieces were bitter enemies, I felt like I'd throw up the entire time I had it in my mouth. and frankly after the injury just wanted to do something else.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but for about 52 years I was dang near every one they played.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BOE meeting tonight at the high school must be expecting a big crowd.

Return to “Football”