2018 Ironton Head football coach

coach knows
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by coach knows »

The meeting held yesterday by head coach should be under review by the BOE.

BullMoose44
Waterboy

Post by BullMoose44 »

coach knows wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 pm
BullMoose44 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am

Best advice for you is to stay off the boards. People on here don’t make decisions for you or the school.
It’s just a shame that I come on her with the name of my grandfather thinking that this whole situation is bull but to my suprise to see that my community is completely divided. It’s on every single players minds, all that’s talked about is desertion of the Team and the school and very few of us stay loyal. I get that he may not discipline as much as he should but it’s not a like a toga party out there. Our Senior and Junior leaders have given up hope, I just want to show the community there is hope and loyalty still here. I was raised with the idea of complete and utter loyalty to ironton through thick and thin and everybody’s seem to forget that. Seeing the paintings my grandfather made in tiger alley and his name on the Ironton MVP plaque just me hope thy at least we can agree that we’re trying to move in the right direction. For his sake and the great men that have come before us. We shouldn’t be cursing with eachother we need to be working together, look at Wheelersburg’s community. Every single person is backing them through everything and we’re stuck here fighting. Tbh it’s a darn shame

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BullMoose44 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am
BullMoose44 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:40 am

One Family not getting their way??? As a Student at Ironton and a Member of said family it’s utter BS that it’s an issue with the entire Family not getting their way. We love Ironton and want the best for it and just not having one good season doesn’t mean that we can fire a Coach. We just changed up our Offense and it’ll take time before we become good at it. As a Football player for Ironton I seriously don’t want any other men coaching me than them. Get your priorities straight if you’re a member of the Ironton Community you need to be supporting us not spreading Lies on a darn message Board... -Freshman Football/Wrestling/Track Player
Best advice for you is to stay off the boards. People on here don’t make decisions for you or the school.
It’s just a shame that I come on her with the name of my grandfather thinking that this whole situation is bull but to my suprise to see that my community is completely divided. It’s on every single players minds, all that’s talked about is desertion of the Team and the school and very few of us stay loyal. I get that he may not discipline as much as he should but it’s not a like a toga party out there. Our Senior and Junior leaders have given up hope, I just want to show the community there is hope and loyalty still here. I was raised with the idea of complete and utter loyalty to ironton through thick and thin and everybody’s seem to forget that. Seeing the paintings my grandfather made in tiger alley and his name on the Ironton MVP plaque just me hope thy at least we can agree that we’re trying to move in the right direction. For his sake and the great men that have come before us. We shouldn’t be cursing with eachother we need to be working together, look at Wheelersburg’s community. Every single person is backing them through everything and we’re stuck here fighting. Tbh it’s a darn shame...
From reading that your senior and junior leaders have given up hope that tells everyone on the outside what kind of shape the team is really in. Not to mention you've now gone out and called out fellow players, which for someone trying to band a team together is a big no no. You've give out to much information about yourself and now your teammates, coaches and members of the board have a bit of insight that they may not have had otherwise. Honestly best advice has been given to you, let the powers to be handle the situation and don't go adding fuel to it. Get in the weight room worry about your studies and try and stay off these sites, definitely don't go posting on them with all the information you've given out. Your passion is great but it's misguided if you think you're going to change anything through a site such as this. Things aren't going to stay status quo at Ironton it's just to far gone now in what direction that runaway train has headed. Band together as a team you either work out any issues you have with current coaches or if there's a new coach you guys as players need to wipe the slate clean of the past and get behind the new regime.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

What is happening at IHS is not a dumpster fire. A dumpster fire is contained and easily extinguished. Greygoose is right. Concentrate on the task at hand and make the best of it whatever the outcome. Players just need to play and fans need to support the team. What happens after that is out of your control.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:24 am What is happening at IHS is not a dumpster fire. A dumpster fire is contained and easily extinguished. Greygoose is right. Concentrate on the task at hand and make the best of it whatever the outcome. Players just need to play and fans need to support the team. What happens after that is out of your control.
Yes it not a dumpster fire what ever that new term is but it is long over due. I hate it for the kids but they are not the problem.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Game day wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:11 am
79Tiger wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:24 am What is happening at IHS is not a dumpster fire. A dumpster fire is contained and easily extinguished. Greygoose is right. Concentrate on the task at hand and make the best of it whatever the outcome. Players just need to play and fans need to support the team. What happens after that is out of your control.
Yes it not a dumpster fire what ever that new term is but it is long over due. I hate it for the kids but they are not the problem.
Sounds more like a wild fire like they have out in California every year. Just keeps spreading, consuming everything in its path.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Very well spoken! The players don’t need all this drama. Get focused for the upcoming season. You boys make us proud and your community supports you 100%

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

I understand that things aren't what they used to be in all sports at Ironton. I know there are less jobs and people have moved away due to that..my question is what is truthfully the problem with ironton at this point.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Getting Older wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 am I understand that things aren't what they used to be in all sports at Ironton. I know there are less jobs and people have moved away due to that..my question is what is truthfully the problem with ironton at this point.
Pretty sure that's explained throughout this entire thread and throughout the other Ironton 2018 thread. No one is going to add anything new tot he subject just go back and look it over.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

here's a quote from a student at IHS that I saw on social media
" Doesn't this sound right? The football team had a losing record. The basketball team is gonna have a losing record. So what did the school board do? Fire the baseball coach, which had a winning record last year, Makes sense lol"

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Good point but I think they are cleaning house and it is well over due.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This thread is a dumpster fire.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Kids come First
Waterboy

2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Kids come First »

Does anyone know who is going to be head coach at Ironton next year? I am hearing that several people that are qualified for the position and have expressed interest but the school board has not posted that position. Sounds like to me the school board is waiting till last second so no one applys because they either applied for other positions or took a position because they can’t wait till May for a position to be posted, therefore, the school board does not have to make any changes which is the easiest way out for them. This job as well as many others including the superintendent’s position needs to be posted now so that the best applicants can be evaluated for all positions. It sounds like to me the full time athletic director at Ironton needs to go or start evaluating his coaches better and set higher expectations for his coaches/programs and himself.

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Basketball:30 »

So is Vass for sure done?
if so, did he resign? Or officially let-go?

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Kids come First wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Does anyone know who is going to be head coach at Ironton next year? I am hearing that several people that are qualified for the position and have expressed interest but the school board has not posted that position. Sounds like to me the school board is waiting till last second so no one applys because they either applied for other positions or took a position because they can’t wait till May for a position to be posted, therefore, the school board does not have to make any changes which is the easiest way out for them. This job as well as many others including the superintendent’s position needs to be posted now so that the best applicants can be evaluated for all positions. It sounds like to me the full time athletic director at Ironton needs to go or start evaluating his coaches better and set higher expectations for his coaches/programs and himself.
Why not contact the Ironton Board of Education and give your questions to someone who may actually be able to answer them instead of on this site where this topic, which has been beaten like a dead horse, will just digress to a pile of crap like it always does?

Ironton Board of Education:
105 S. Fifth Street, Ironton, OH 45638
Phone 740.532.4133
Fax 740.532.2314

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

Thanks for the information Snoop pope but that route does not seem to work. Ironton needs some serious changes and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Very well said I agree the entire athletic program should be reviewed starting with the football program. I spoke to several coaches in the last few years and they all want the head football coach to stay. Because under his guidance we have hit rock bottom.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kids come First wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm Thanks for the information Snoop pope but that route does not seem to work. Ironton needs some serious changes and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
So you've contacted them and they won't answer your question?? Are you asking a question or putting it in the form of how you feel the program should be ran?? Surely they'd be more than willing to answer a question in terms of head coach if you simply ask that and where it stands. Leave it at that though they don't want lectured sure there's enough of that in these meetings.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'LL GIVE THIS TOPIC TILL ABOUT SUNDAY AT 3PM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

What has happened is the coaches tried to please a few kids with a new offense and the lack discipline has caught up with them. You have divided locker room which leads to an out of control program. I have watched the off season conditioning program and I could find a bunch of old men that could left harder. Bottom line change must come and quickly.

Return to “Football”