2018 SOC2 Football

toast
All State

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by toast »

[/quote]
The burg class of 2018 were not very good in jr high
I think they turned it around though and finished ok at the highschool level :lol:
[/quote]

The burg class of 2018 wasn't very good in jr high? Really?

The 2018 Waverly class was good. You guys beat us 20-0 in 8th grade. Where do you get this stuff? :lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

toast wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 am
I think they turned it around though and finished ok at the highschool level :lol:
[/quote]

The 2018 Waverly class was good. You guys beat us 20-0 in 8th grade. Where do you get this stuff? :lol:
[/quote]

Really! Never said they never won a game. I watched them in 7th and 8th to say they were avg would be generous
The group behind them has always been pretty dominant

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

toast wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 am
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not very good as 7th graders, a little better in 8th, pretty solid as freshman. No one looked at this group of seniors in jr high and said that group is future State Champions :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Because high school is about 3 classes and how they mesh.
Very few times do classes come along that don't need much help.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

^^^

Lowery coming to Burg after his freshman year at Portsmouth made a huge impact on the team. He was fantastic on both sides of the ball. Nice basketball player also.

I would never call the 2018 class average even without Lowery. Some tremendous athletes in that class. But as mentioned above, high school is about blending several classes together.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

toast wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 am ^^^

Lowery coming to Burg after his freshman year at Portsmouth made a huge impact on the team. He was fantastic on both sides of the ball. Nice basketball player also.

I would never call the 2018 class average even without Lowery. Some tremendous athletes in that class. But as mentioned above, high school is about blending several classes together.
Lowery came after his sophomore year. Where do you get this stuff :lol: . Nobody is going to say there avg now.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"Lowery came after his sophomore year. Where do you get this stuff :lol: . Nobody is going to say there avg now."

He came after his sophomore year....got it. :)

No where near the vicinity of average. Present or past :)

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

toast wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:59 pm "Lowery came after his sophomore year. Where do you get this stuff :lol: . Nobody is going to say there avg now."

He came after his sophomore year....got it. :)

No where near the vicinity of average. Present or past :)
You can go back in the jr high thread from years ago and find some of the scores
They lost pretty big by jr high standards to coal grove, Minford and west. Couldn’t find anymore scores. I remember them beating ironton and valley I remember going to the old Jackson high school field and watching them manhandle a few burg teams over the years but unsure on the years.
Jackson has always seems to dominate the burg in the lower grades
If you look at the best team in area threads from 2013 jr high no one was mentioning the burg
No harm in agreeing to disagree

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Re: 2018 SOC 2 Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I believe the SOC2 again runs through Wheelersburg. The athletes that The Burg has returning on both sides of the ball will prove to be a tall task for any SOC2 team. What I think is even more important is the leadership that returns. The seniors and even juniors that saw time at crucial points in the season last year will have this team clicking on all cylinders. In my opinion the offense will be better than it was last year, which is hard to imagine, but the development at QB and WR positions will be deeper. The RB position has potential to be very dynamic, with multiple athletes touching the ball, and I think the OL will surprise some people even though they have to replace 4 starters. The back end of the defense is again filled with athletes that can fly around and make plays, along with the leadership of 1 returning LB (and the offseason addition). The DL will return multiple guys that saw a lot of time last season but it will be interesting to see if they can develop into the physical staple of the defense as they did last year. All in all, look for it to be another exciting year in The Burg.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

With the recent ruling regarding transfer eligibility from the OHSAA will the player from Ironton stay since he' only the elegible for first 5 games if he's open enrollment?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TCat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am With the recent ruling regarding transfer eligibility from the OHSAA will the player from Ironton stay since he' only the elegible for first 5 games if he's open enrollment?
He transferred before the rule. I think he’d be ineligible transferring back. Plus I think he moved to district.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TCat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am With the recent ruling regarding transfer eligibility from the OHSAA will the player from Ironton stay since he' only the elegible for first 5 games if he's open enrollment?
If a parent lives in district it doesn’t matter

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

He transferred pre-ruling. He will be eligible for last 50% and playoffs. I’d heard they moved to Burg but can’t confirm that.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know he had moved.

Also rumors of several players at the middle school level transfering open enrollment. Are those true?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TCat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:35 am Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know he had moved.

Also rumors of several players at the middle school level transfering open enrollment. Are those true?
What do you mean?

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Was told a few middle school players were transferring in open enrollment.

With the more penalties for transferring at the high school level players are tranferring earlier. Rules seem to be much more relaxed in middle school as far as transferring.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They may. I think they will happen earlier but burg has to be full by now.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

There’s always unlimited space at our Super Secret Training Facility under Ed Miller Stadium. Lol

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm There’s always unlimited space at our Super Secret Training Facility under Ed Miller Stadium. Lol
Absolutely. Always room for one more footballer or basketball star. It’s like magic. Need a spot. There’s a spot open.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

If they're good they'll find room for them.

Return to “Football”