2018 SOC2 Football

Post Reply
scott1297
Freshman Team
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by scott1297 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:20 am

Oak wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:13 am
bleed_blue wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:34 am
Seabee_0586 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 pm
Count the boys that live in franklin furnace township that go to burg
And count how many of those kids have gone to Wheelersburg well before hey started playing pee wee. As it has been stated only 2 kids that played on this years team came after Jr High.
What does it matter when they came? Basically a quarter of Wheelersburg's football roster is open enrollment
It matters a ton because how in the heck are you gonna know if any of those boys are even gonna play football or be any good at that young of an age your talking 10 or 11 or 12 yr olds or maybe even younger when they came to Burg but IMO Burgs program probably has a lot to do with those kids being good as a team
..I think when kids come to Burg via open enrollment at a young age it's not because of sports it's because Burg has an excellent school system .


Burg grad 85

wobycat
S
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by wobycat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:28 am

Oak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 am
bleed_blue wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 pm
Oak wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm


No with open enrollment they should be able to go to any school they want as long as that school hasn't exceeded the number of students in that grade that they can support. If you want to go to that school put your name on a list and openings should be filled based on first come first serve. That would mean if Billy the trombone player wants to go to Wheelersburg and they have room, he should have the same opportunity as Jimmie the great athlete. That would be fair. But that doesn't happen
How do you know that doesn’t happen at Wheelersburg?
I know of 3 instances of this happening. One of those instances 2 boys applied at same time. 1 kid is really good and he was accepted. The other isn't near the player. He was declined
Is that how norm does it?

fbnut
S
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by fbnut » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:38 am

Burg must be great at evaluating talent if they can determine whose going to be good athletes at the age of 5. Not sure about the instances that may have happened above but I do know of a very good athlete that wanted to open enroll at the jr high level a couple years back and be held back and they were denied.

bleed_blue
Freshman Team
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by bleed_blue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:37 am

Oak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 am
bleed_blue wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 pm
Oak wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm


No with open enrollment they should be able to go to any school they want as long as that school hasn't exceeded the number of students in that grade that they can support. If you want to go to that school put your name on a list and openings should be filled based on first come first serve. That would mean if Billy the trombone player wants to go to Wheelersburg and they have room, he should have the same opportunity as Jimmie the great athlete. That would be fair. But that doesn't happen
How do you know that doesn’t happen at Wheelersburg?
I know of 3 instances of this happening. One of those instances 2 boys applied at same time. 1 kid is really good and he was accepted. The other isn't near the player. He was declined
So you were at the board office with the powers that be when those discussions were made? You know every detail of those 3 instances or are you going off what you want to believe because it makes it convenient to spin it your way just so you can make yet another pathetic attempt to try to bash Wheelersburg as you constantly do on here?
Last edited by bleed_blue on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bleed_blue
Freshman Team
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by bleed_blue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:45 am

wobycat wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:28 am
Oak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 am
bleed_blue wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 pm


How do you know that doesn’t happen at Wheelersburg?
I know of 3 instances of this happening. One of those instances 2 boys applied at same time. 1 kid is really good and he was accepted. The other isn't near the player. He was declined
Is that how norm does it?
Woby, you beat me to it haha.

formerfcfan
All Conference
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by formerfcfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Oak wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm
Seabee_0586 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm
They should play where they live
So a kid that lives out 522 in Franklin frurnace but closer to burg should have to go to and play for green? That is stupid. Let's hinder a kid academically and athletically because he lives in another school district!
No with open enrollment they should be able to go to any school they want as long as that school hasn't exceeded the number of students in that grade that they can support. If you want to go to that school put your name on a list and openings should be filled based on first come first serve. That would mean if Billy the trombone player wants to go to Wheelersburg and they have room, he should have the same opportunity as Jimmie the great athlete. That would be fair. But that doesn't happen
Seeing as how Burg outclasses the county in not just athletics, but also academics, I’m not sure this narrative fits.

bleed_blue
Freshman Team
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by bleed_blue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:26 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:03 pm
Oak wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm


So a kid that lives out 522 in Franklin frurnace but closer to burg should have to go to and play for green? That is stupid. Let's hinder a kid academically and athletically because he lives in another school district!
No with open enrollment they should be able to go to any school they want as long as that school hasn't exceeded the number of students in that grade that they can support. If you want to go to that school put your name on a list and openings should be filled based on first come first serve. That would mean if Billy the trombone player wants to go to Wheelersburg and they have room, he should have the same opportunity as Jimmie the great athlete. That would be fair. But that doesn't happen
Seeing as how Burg outclasses the county in not just athletics, but also academics, I’m not sure this narrative fits.
It fits into Oak’s delusional mind because he/she is grasping at straws. Wheelersburg winning state has left him/her with this as a failed attempt try to bash Wheelersburg’s success once again.

BigBlueNation
All State
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:12 pm

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm
Seabee_0586 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm
They should play where they live
So a kid that lives out 522 in Franklin frurnace but closer to burg should have to go to and play for green? That is stupid. Let's hinder a kid academically and athletically because he lives in another school district!
Yes they should go to Green. I have a West Portsmouth address live 5 miles from West schools but live in the Northwest district. We live 14miles from Northwest and that's where my kids go to school.

Oak
Freshman Team
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by Oak » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:31 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:26 pm
It fits into Oak’s delusional mind because he/she is grasping at straws. Wheelersburg winning state has left him/her with this as a failed attempt try to bash Wheelersburg’s success once again.
What I told you is true. I know both families well

greygoose
S
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by greygoose » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:00 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:12 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm
Seabee_0586 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm
They should play where they live
So a kid that lives out 522 in Franklin frurnace but closer to burg should have to go to and play for green? That is stupid. Let's hinder a kid academically and athletically because he lives in another school district!
Yes they should go to Green. I have a West Portsmouth address live 5 miles from West schools but live in the Northwest district. We live 14miles from Northwest and that's where my kids go to school.
And does the P-West bus provide pick up where you live or only Northwest bus pickup??

bleed_blue
Freshman Team
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by bleed_blue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Oak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:31 pm
bleed_blue wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:26 pm
It fits into Oak’s delusional mind because he/she is grasping at straws. Wheelersburg winning state has left him/her with this as a failed attempt try to bash Wheelersburg’s success once again.
What I told you is true. I know both families well
I have a 2 kids that do open enrollment at Wheelersburg and athletics are far from their strong points. Yet they got in so if they don’t take first come first serve until all spots are filled like it says on their school website then how in the world did my kids get in?

BigBlueNation
All State
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:15 pm

greygoose wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:00 pm
BigBlueNation wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:12 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm


So a kid that lives out 522 in Franklin frurnace but closer to burg should have to go to and play for green? That is stupid. Let's hinder a kid academically and athletically because he lives in another school district!
Yes they should go to Green. I have a West Portsmouth address live 5 miles from West schools but live in the Northwest district. We live 14miles from Northwest and that's where my kids go to school.
And does the P-West bus provide pick up where you live or only Northwest bus pickup??
Only Northwest. Several kids on our road goes to West and a few go to Burg.

Oak
Freshman Team
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by Oak » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:17 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 pm
Oak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:31 pm
bleed_blue wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:26 pm
It fits into Oak’s delusional mind because he/she is grasping at straws. Wheelersburg winning state has left him/her with this as a failed attempt try to bash Wheelersburg’s success once again.
What I told you is true. I know both families well
I have a 2 kids that do open enrollment at Wheelersburg and athletics are far from their strong points. Yet they got in so if they don’t take first come first serve until all spots are filled like it says on their school website then how in the world did my kids get in?
I don't know. I'm sure the enrollment multiplier has made a difference in how many and who they are taking.

User avatar
Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by Abe Froman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Oak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:31 pm
bleed_blue wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:26 pm
It fits into Oak’s delusional mind because he/she is grasping at straws. Wheelersburg winning state has left him/her with this as a failed attempt try to bash Wheelersburg’s success once again.
What I told you is true. I know both families well
Isn't like 80% of your starting line-up on the hardwood this year "transfers"? What is even your point? Open enrollment is like complaining that too many people are driving 55MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Swear this makes zero sense.

Oak
Freshman Team
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by Oak » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:05 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm
Isn't like 80% of your starting line-up on the hardwood this year "transfers"? What is even your point? Open enrollment is like complaining that too many people are driving 55MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Swear this makes zero sense.
True. Difference is Oak Hill people don't deny that it's been a huge part of success. If you mention that in a Wheelersburg thread it's deny, deny, deny. If you wanna bring up basketball, 2 out of Wheelersburg's 3 best basketball players have transferred in in the last 1 to 2 years. Without them, Wheelersburg would be struggling.

scott1297
Freshman Team
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by scott1297 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:45 am

Oak wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:05 am
Abe Froman wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm
Isn't like 80% of your starting line-up on the hardwood this year "transfers"? What is even your point? Open enrollment is like complaining that too many people are driving 55MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Swear this makes zero sense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
True. Difference is Oak Hill people don't deny that it's been a huge part of success. If you mention that in a Wheelersburg thread it's deny, deny, deny. If you wanna bring up basketball, 2 out of Wheelersburg's 3 best basketball players have transferred in in the last 1 to 2 years. Without them, Wheelersburg would be struggling.
Burg grad 85

scott1297
Freshman Team
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by scott1297 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:46 am

Oak wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:05 am
Abe Froman wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm
Isn't like 80% of your starting line-up on the hardwood this year "transfers"? What is even your point? Open enrollment is like complaining that too many people are driving 55MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Swear this makes zero sense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
True. Difference is Oak Hill people don't deny that it's been a huge part of success. If you mention that in a Wheelersburg thread it's deny, deny, deny. If you wanna bring up basketball, 2 out of Wheelersburg's 3 best basketball players have transferred in in the last 1 to 2 years. Without them, Wheelersburg would be struggling.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Burg grad 85

Oak
Freshman Team
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by Oak » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great conversation :lol:

greygoose
S
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by greygoose » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 am

Thought this thread was about the discussion of the SOC 2 and how it will look next year. Open enrollment is present so why does it matter?? It's like saying private schools recruit, yeah so what it happens get over it. No rule violation.

fbnut
S
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by fbnut » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:22 am

greygoose wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 am
Thought this thread was about the discussion of the SOC 2 and how it will look next year. Open enrollment is present so why does it matter?? It's like saying private schools recruit, yeah so what it happens get over it. No rule violation.
It’s an easy way for people to justify why they can’t compete

Post Reply