2018 SOC2 Football

Injun
Waterboy

Re: 2018 SOC 2 Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by Injun »

The League will probably resemble last year. With Waverly loosing alot of their skill I think the gap from the top 2 to the rest probably got bigger. I think Valley will be improved. I could see them competing for the 3rd spot.
1. Wheelersburg
2. West
3. Valley
4. Waverly
5. Minford

As far as the middle school kids. I know two of the kids that are rumored and I think they are making a mistake. They are good players for sure. But they also play in excellent classes currently from good schools. I have been told a few things that makes it appear that one county school opporates in the grey area. This is a problem that the OHSAA needs to address

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Injun wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am The League will probably resemble last year. With Waverly loosing alot of their skill I think the gap from the top 2 to the rest probably got bigger. I think Valley will be improved. I could see them competing for the 3rd spot.
1. Wheelersburg
2. West
3. Valley
4. Waverly
5. Minford

As far as the middle school kids. I know two of the kids that are rumored and I think they are making a mistake. They are good players for sure. But they also play in excellent classes currently from good schools. I have been told a few things that makes it appear that one county school opporates in the grey area. This is a problem that the OHSAA needs to address
Don't look for Waverly to drop to 4. If the O-line is good they have the skill kids to put points on the board. Look for the defense to be better....

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

TCat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 pm If they're good they'll find room for them.
As true as this statement is, this stuff is exactly why amateur sports are going down the crapper fast.

12 to 15 year olds being treated like primadonnas, parents living through their kids, and schools pushing the limits of what is ethical/unethical.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I do believe Burg has this in the bag as of now however the rest is up in the air
1.Burg
2.West
3.Waverly
4.Minford
5.Valley

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Oak wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:29 pm
TCat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 pm If they're good they'll find room for them.
As true as this statement is, this stuff is exactly why amateur sports are going down the crapper fast.

12 to 15 year olds being treated like primadonnas, parents living through their kids, and schools pushing the limits of what is ethical/unethical.
I was being sarcastic. But you are right the open enrollment stuff is getting out of hand.

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

TCat wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:51 pm

I was being sarcastic. But you are right the open enrollment stuff is getting out of hand.
If teams would just stick together we could produce quality teams here. Buts it difficult when one school constantly gets some of the better players from different schools in different sports male and female.

The kid from Valley is a really good baseball player. But also good at other sports. His team won the junior high tournament in basketball, was good in baseball without him, and is very good in football. Valley boys put Wheelersburg out of the baseball tournament and is playing tonight, but he's supposedly still gonna drive to go to Wheelersburg to play baseball. Kinda difficult to understand.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Injun wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm
TCat wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:51 pm

If teams would just stick together we could produce quality teams here. Buts it difficult when one school constantly gets some of the better players from different schools in different sports male and female.

The kid from Valley is a really good baseball player. But also good at other sports. His team won the junior high tournament in basketball, was good in baseball without him, and is very good in football. Valley boys put Wheelersburg out of the baseball tournament and is playing tonight, but he's supposedly still gonna drive to go to Wheelersburg to play baseball. Kinda difficult to understand.
I believe the Young man lives in the Northwest school district doesn't he.

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:22 pm I believe the Young man lives in the Northwest school district doesn't he.
Yes. But he has always went to Valley as far as I know.

The other kid is from West. From what I was told they signed up together the last day of open enrollment. Problem is the West kid has a younger brother who is gonna be a 7th grader and that class is full at Wheelersburg and there is a list. So will Wheelersburg bypass kids in line for open enrollment to get the brother? We will see. I was told that the Wheelersburg administration has already been contacted concerning possible improper contact with at least one of these kids.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Injun wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:44 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:22 pm I believe the Young man lives in the Northwest school district doesn't he.
Yes. But he has always went to Valley as far as I know.

The other kid is from West. From what I was told they signed up together the last day of open enrollment. Problem is the West kid has a younger brother who is gonna be a 7th grader and that class is full at Wheelersburg and there is a list. So will Wheelersburg bypass kids in line for open enrollment to get the brother? We will see. I was told that the Wheelersburg administration has already been contacted concerning possible improper contact with at least one of these kids.
Again, you just can’t say “improper contact”. No one knows what you mean. If you’re going to make these statements at least clarify who, what,or when.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I can see all of this being the beginning of the end of the SOC 2. So Wheelersburg is getting the Jr. High kid from Valley that is outstanding in several sports. And the Jr. High kid from Portsmouth West that may be the best multi sports athlete in southern Ohio. I've heard the are also getting Minford's best Jr. High football player.

How long does West, Minford, Waverly and Valley want to sick around in a conference where you will have zero change of winning a league championship and very little chance of ever playing a competitive game against Wheelersburg in any sport? It's not a situation that is healthy or enjoyable for anyone.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Kicker. wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:04 pm I do believe Burg has this in the bag as of now however the rest is up in the air
1.Burg
2.West
3.Waverly
4.Minford
5.Valley
I agree with this. Minford is a dumpster fire which was evident in last years loss to Logan while blowing a huge (28 pt?) lead in the second half. Add in the parents calling the shots and fingers need to be pointed this year as the Ruby honeymoon is over. Lewis should be the QB. Last year vs West he made catch after catch from the slot position and the following week never saw the field at WR. That pretty much sums it up.

Valley should be equal to Minford in talent but their solid coaching staff will prevail.

That leaves the 3 Ws and I see it as Burg, West and Waverly in that order at the top.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

toast wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 am I can see all of this being the beginning of the end of the SOC 2. So Wheelersburg is getting the Jr. High kid from Valley that is outstanding in several sports. And the Jr. High kid from Portsmouth West that may be the best multi sports athlete in southern Ohio. I've heard the are also getting Minford's best Jr. High football player.

How long does West, Minford, Waverly and Valley want to sick around in a conference where you will have zero change of winning a league championship and very little chance of ever playing a competitive game against Wheelersburg in any sport? It's not a situation that is healthy or enjoyable for anyone.
Ageed 100%
They recruit. They are very careful with how they do it. If voting them out of the league is the way to stop it then do it. Make them go out of this area to find games.

Now will be all the replies from Wheelersburg fans that they don't recruit. They don’t have to. Blah blah blah. Well you do. Most of your better players are from out of district. And anyone that's lived in this area knows and has seen it. It's 2018, the age of social media. There are no secrets anymore. If these transfers go through you can bet the OHSAA will be involved.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Not a Burg fan here, but if anybody got proof of recruiting by Burg, then submit it to the OHSAA. Otherwise, saying "everybody knows it" means nobody truly knows it.

New Boston basketball last year was how the process works. People accused them of underhanded tactics and submitted their proof to OHSAA who ruled accordingly. If Burg as guilty as some of you imply, it should be an easy one for the OHSAA.*

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Oak wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 am
toast wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 am I can see all of this being the beginning of the end of the SOC 2. So Wheelersburg is getting the Jr. High kid from Valley that is outstanding in several sports. And the Jr. High kid from Portsmouth West that may be the best multi sports athlete in southern Ohio. I've heard the are also getting Minford's best Jr. High football player.

Ageed 100%
They recruit. They are very careful with how they do it. If voting them out of the league is the way to stop it then do it. Make them go out of this area to find games.

Now will be all the replies from Wheelersburg fans that they don't recruit. They don’t have to. Blah blah blah. Well you do. Most of your better players are from out of district. And anyone that's lived in this area knows and has seen it. It's 2018, the age of social media. There are no secrets anymore. If these transfers go through you can bet the OHSAA will be involved.
Well ok, they don’t recruit, they don’t have to :lol:

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Ageed 100%

I see the troll has emerged yet again. So the solution to Wheelersburg’s so called recruiting is they should be kicked out of the league. I guess the same should be done with Oak Hill basketball as well.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

bleed_blue wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Ageed 100%

I see the troll has emerged yet again. So the solution to Wheelersburg’s so called recruiting is they should be kicked out of the league. I guess the same should be done with Oak Hill basketball as well.
No, that’s totally different

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

And here they are, right on time :lol:

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

I had not heard about the Minford kid. I was told the best athlete at Minford turned them down as did the big center from South Webster.
Word is a former local Varsity basketball coach was called to gage interest in coaching basketball at burg. He wasn’t interested. But he was told of the influx of talent when they reached out to him.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ageed 100%

Vote Burg out? Haha. Please, do us the favor. Lmao

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

It will come to a point that the other schools will have no choice. That or the other School AD's need to threaten them with it. It's hard to compete with private schools. Wheelersburg should know that from Bishop Hartley in football and basketball this year. In fact burg fans were upset because of the team that knocked them out at the convo is no different than they are.

Return to “Football”