2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: FAC League, How long will it stay together??

Post by greygoose »

Well I was hearing Hillsboro would like something with Southern Buckeye league teams more in their area. Also if teams in the Peebles, West Union and North Adams area can get up and going and start a league could be a possibility. Guess we'll see what happens but to be hearing these things this early pretty much can guarantee it won't stick together with all current teams involved.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Traveling to Jackson is a 1 time a season thing for those far away schools. Big deal...1 time.

These threads suck. Speculation is fun.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 pm Traveling to Jackson is a 1 time a season thing for those far away schools. Big deal...1 time.

These threads suck. Speculation is fun.
1 time??? What about all the other sports?? The midweek scheduling. Everyone thought it was pure speculation with the SEOAL also then they started dropping like flies. I know it's hard to hear with you being an ironman fan because you worry about another league folding. No one is talking about that but right now there's teams out there already questioning it. It's simply not speculation but when a representative of Hillsboro talks about getting once they get a chance one does have to wonder.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm Well I was hearing Hillsboro would like something with Southern Buckeye league teams more in their area. Also if teams in the Peebles, West Union and North Adams area can get up and going and start a league could be a possibility. Guess we'll see what happens but to be hearing these things this early pretty much can guarantee it won't stick together with all current teams involved.
I hope Hillsboro doesn’t try to get a league with those schools...that’d be taking even the easier way out. Their enrollment at Hillsboro doesn’t make sense to consider those tiny schools from the SHAC. I’ve talked with former athletes from the Boro and they all say the same stuff...there’s bodies in the school to play but not all those bodies want to play anything. Their football team is coming off their best season in awhile and their basketball team is good this year so maybe things will look up for the School.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BallDontLie wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm Well I was hearing Hillsboro would like something with Southern Buckeye league teams more in their area. Also if teams in the Peebles, West Union and North Adams area can get up and going and start a league could be a possibility. Guess we'll see what happens but to be hearing these things this early pretty much can guarantee it won't stick together with all current teams involved.
I hope Hillsboro doesn’t try to get a league with those schools...that’d be taking even the easier way out. Their enrollment at Hillsboro doesn’t make sense to consider those tiny schools from the SHAC. I’ve talked with former athletes from the Boro and they all say the same stuff...there’s bodies in the school to play but not all those bodies want to play anything. Their football team is coming off their best season in awhile and their basketball team is good this year so maybe things will look up for the School.
Yeah they had a good season in football, mostly it was the schedule though. Overall though Hillsboro is more in the 2-4 wins year in and year out.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Hillsboro has a nice team last year. We scrimmaged them and they were easily the best team we played in season. Waverly would have scored on them but I think they woulda struggled to stop the run game. That said they still won’t be good enough to put punch Jackson and have no way to play with Chillicothe. I can see how it would be frustrating to have a team that you feel like is one of the best you’ve had in a long time but know you have 2 losses before the season and have no chance at the title. Up to the kids in the school to see that good season and want to be a part of it. Seems like too many schools have numbers have athletes but they don’t want to play. You end up playing a d4 schedule with a d6 roster.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Unioto and Waverly would be great fits for the FAC.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

se-alum wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm Unioto and Waverly would be great fits for the FAC.
I don't know that they would be a great fit for it, but neither school would ever enter into the league with Chillicothe and Jackson in it. I actually would see the Mid-State league as a good fit for Unioto and Waverly if you were going to place them in another league.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 pm
se-alum wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm Unioto and Waverly would be great fits for the FAC.
I don't know that they would be a great fit for it, but neither school would ever enter into the league with Chillicothe and Jackson in it. I actually would see the Mid-State league as a good fit for Unioto and Waverly if you were going to place them in another league.
Waverly's best fit is the SVC. Unioto does not need to venture away. WHS likely faces declining enrollment over time and need not to be biting off more than they can chew. Greenfield needs to give the FAC a couple of years to see what shakes out. The SVC might be their best option way down the road.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

That McClain football program isn't getting better any time soon.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

McClain is in over their heads. They cant compete in FAC, but then again they couldn't compete in the SCOL and that's one (and a few others) reason they left, because they couldn't play with Massie and Wilmington (don't run, get better). Hard to feel sorry for them when they were part of the cut and run they did to the Clinton County schools in the SCOL. Massie and Wilmington were never informed until the FAC announcement.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

domain master wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:43 pm McClain is in over their heads. They cant compete in FAC, but then again they couldn't compete in the SCOL and that's one (and a few others) reason they left, because they couldn't play with Massie and Wilmington (don't run, get better). Hard to feel sorry for them when they were part of the cut and run they did to the Clinton County schools in the SCOL. Massie and Wilmington were never informed until the FAC announcement.
Totally agree with you Domain Master- do not run and complain get better. I have said that in the SVC, Unioto is in the top 3 usually in top 2 in most sports, but the other SVC schools know Unioto is going nowhere so they have to get better if they want to compete.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Hamilton Township is not leaving the MSL for a larger league, so you can forget about that one.

No one is going to jump into the FAC until they see some stability.

Greenfield has wanted into the SVC for years, along with Waverly, but the SVC doesn't want to mess with its chemistry after seeing what happened to the SEOAL and the SCOL.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

A two division SVC wouldn't be a bad thing, I don't think.

Big School:
Unioto
Waverly
McLain
Westfall
ZT

Small school:
Southeastern
Adena
PV
Huntington
Piketon

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

2018 FAC SCHEDULES

Post by jgrlzz »

UPDATED 1/10/2018

CHILLICOTHE
24-Aug-18 H ASHVILLE TEAYS VALLEY
31-Aug-18
7-Sep-18 H PATASKALA WATKINS MEMORIAL
14-Sep-18 A COLUMBUS BISHOP HARTLEY
21-Sep-18 A LOGAN, OH
28-Sep-18 A HILLSBORO
5-Oct-18 A GREENFIELD MCCLAIN
12-Oct-18 H WASHINGTON CH MIAMI TRACE
19-Oct-18 H WASHINGTON CH WASHINGTON
26-Oct-18 H JACKSON

GREENFIELD MCCLAIN
24-Aug-18 A FRANKFORT ADENA
31-Aug-18 H CHILLICOTHE UNIOTO
7-Sep-18 H CHILLICOTHE ZANE TRACE
14-Sep-18 A LEES CREEK EAST CLINTON
21-Sep-18 H TROY CHRISTIAN
28-Sep-18 A WASHINGTON CH MIAMI TRACE
5-Oct-18 H CHILLICOTHE
12-Oct-18 A WASHINGTON CH WASHINGTON
19-Oct-18 H JACKSON
26-Oct-18 A HILLSBORO

HILLSBORO
24-Aug-18 A MOUNT ORAB WESTERN BROWN
31-Aug-18 A GOSHEN
7-Sep-18 H LEES CREEK EAST CLINTON
14-Sep-18 A WILLIAMSBURG, OH
21-Sep-18 H BATAVIA CLERMONT NORTHEASTERN
28-Sep-18 H CHILLICOTHE
5-Oct-18 A WASHINGTON CH WASHINGTON
12-Oct-18 A JACKSON
19-Oct-18 A WASHINGTON MIAMI TRACE
26-Oct-18 H GREENFIELD MCCLAIN

JACKSON
25-Aug-18 H WELLSTON
31-Aug-18 A LANCASTER FAIRFIELD UNION
7-Sep-18 H GALLIPOLIS GALLIA ACADEMY
14-Sep-18 H MOUNT ORAB WESTERN BROWN
21-Sep-18 A WHEELERSBURG
28-Sep-18 H WASHINGTON CH WASHINGTON
5-Oct-18 H WASHINGTON CH MIAMI TRACE
12-Oct-18 H HILLSBORO
19-Oct-18 A GREENFIELD MCCLAIN
26-Oct-18 A CHILLICOTHE

WASHINGTON CH MIAMI TRACE
24-Aug-18 H CIRCLEVILLE
31-Aug-18 A WILMINGTON
7-Sep-18 A CIRCLEVILLE LOGAN ELM
14-Sep-18 A CLARKSVILLE CLINTON-MASSIE
21-Sep-18 H ZANESVILLE
28-Sep-18 H GREENFIELD MCCLAIN
5-Oct-18 A JACKSON
12-Oct-18 A CHILLICOTHE
19-Oct-18 H HILLSBORO
26-Oct-18 A WASHINGTON CH WASHINGTON

WASHINGTON CH WASHINGTON
24-Aug-18 A BLANCHESTER
31-Aug-18 H CIRCLEVILLE
7-Sep-18
14-Sep-18 H ZANESVILLE
21-Sep-18 A COLUMBUS ST. CHARLES
28-Sep-18 A JACKSON
5-Oct-18 H HILLSBORO
12-Oct-18 H GREENFIELD MCCLAIN
19-Oct-18 A CHILLICOTHE
26-Oct-18 H WASHINGTON CH MIAMI TRACE
Last edited by jgrlzz on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 2018 FAC SCHEDULES

Post by countywide35 »

good first year of the FAC......all the way down to week 10 to determine the champ....makes for an exciting time for young kids at this point of their life's and expect the FAC will continue to offer those types of opportunities for years to come.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

This basketball season, with the exception of Chillicothe will be extremely competitive. Its gonna be a dogfight for 2nd place in the FAC between Jackson, MT, WCH, and Hillsboro. Chillicothe loses 6-7 seniors after this year as well, so next season should be even more competitive. I personally am excited for this league. The 2018 football season will be very interesting with Chilli and Jackson borh losing their top player overall and some other key seniors, while Hillsboro and WCH both return their best players.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

it will last forever. the never ending league

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

Missing two games from the conference. Chillicothe-week 2---August 31. Washington-week 3--September 7.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

Week 3
London @ Washington Court House -

Week 4
Linden McKinley @ Washington Court House -- http://oh.8to18.com/washingtoncity/sche ... /2018-2019

Return to “Football”