farmer8
Riding the Bench

Should they eliminate JH Football????

Post by farmer8 »

Thoughts???????

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Re: Should they eliminate JH Football????

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Can you tell us more about why you wuld want to?

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

Koondogger wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am
Farmer Yoder wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am Can you tell us more about why you wuld want to?
This is an obvious attempt to get out of playing the Cats. Just take your medicine fellas, and stop trying to avoid the beatings.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:
Im not talking about cats im talking about JH football

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

Belpre and Federal Hocking don't even have teams. Southern barely has one. I think it's about time for it to die

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

lets just cancel football. thats what our liberal media wants.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LET'S HOPE NOT.
I DON'T CARE WHAT COLDWATER DOES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

Baldeagle wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am lets just cancel football. thats what our liberal media wants.
Last edited by comebacker on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

A few of the successful HS programs in South Carolina have only flag football until the ninth grade. The result is higher turnout and less burnout, a more finess oriented high school game. However one method does not fit all situations. These schools have long established coaching staffs and have control over the feeder programs. The added bonus is avoiding the politics with well meaning parents and youth coaches. The other shoe that will drop on youth and junior high ball is the risk and cost of injury. It is not if, but when BOE's will be forced to make hard decisions.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

farmer8 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:11 am
Koondogger wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am
Farmer Yoder wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am Can you tell us more about why you wuld want to?
This is an obvious attempt to get out of playing the Cats. Just take your medicine fellas, and stop trying to avoid the beatings.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:
Im not talking about cats im talking about JH football
So what's your thoughts then?? Hate when people start a topic that seems to be a real reach and then give no insight or opinion on the topic they want everyone else to hash out for them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

comebacker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am lets just cancel football. thats what our liberal media wants.
There is an all out attack on the sport. I hate to see it happen but IMO the liberals are winning and eventually small school DIV 6 & 7 football will start to die be of low numbers like belpre fed hock and southern are now
Give us some prove and don't keep using fake news. There is a forum for politics so take it over there.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:53 am
There is an all out attack on the sport. I hate to see it happen but IMO the liberals are winning and eventually small school DIV 6 & 7 football will start to die be of low numbers like belpre fed hock and southern are now
Give us some prove and don't keep using fake news. There is a forum for politics so take it over there.
True the Liberals in general are afraid of little Johnnie get bang up! The solution FLAG football for the 6th , 7th and 8th grade with the emphasis on teaching basics! :mrgreen:

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I think this is an interesting post and speaks to a real problem that schools and communities face.

Anybody who thinks this is political is mistaken--it's hard to get a more Republican area than Belpre and they didn't field a team---so the Liberal nonsense is just that nonsense.

There are places in the country where there are plenty of kids but the school districts turn JH sports over to clubs.

Check out the Novato school system in Marin Co. CA if you doubt it.

Our districts locally will be squeezed financially (Federal just put out a newsletter showing them to be in the red in 2020) and with a loss of students

it will be attractive to turn over the sports programs to clubs.

Alexander will be looking to make cuts after the loss of another levy---and the list goes on.

I wonder how many complaints a JH principal and Super deal with yearly over coaches, players, incidents on the bus or McDonalds, and cheerleaders.

Any AD's out there have the total cost of a JH football program---equipment, field maintenance, coaches and bus drivers salaries, refs, and the cost of mileage?

I like the way it works now but is it sustainable? If it isn't what replaces it? I look forward to hearing people's suggestions.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

It's all BS. Eastern has a really good JH program. Belpre's numbers are down in every sport. It's a dying community more than it is anything else. FH hasn't won a game in what, 3 years. No wonder their numbers are down. And it is a liberal thing. They love soccer, and want to get rid of our game to replace it with that one.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

JH sports arent terribly expensive but they also dont bring in much revenue. I think schools could easily justify cutting them due to finances. But at what cost is this to kids? Kids not involved in school activities dont do as well academically and often find themselves in trouble.

An option is to have schools start offering different sports. On my twitter feed last night someone wrote that LaCrosse demands roughly the same skill set as football without the head collisions. Will schools (and their lawyers) start looking at something other than football?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am It's all BS. Eastern has a really good JH program. Belpre's numbers are down in every sport. It's a dying community more than it is anything else. FH hasn't won a game in what, 3 years. No wonder their numbers are down. And it is a liberal thing. They love soccer, and want to get rid of our game to replace it with that one.
Soccer is one of the problems with Logan's Football program, Taking away some skilled position kids on the varsity level! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by moonshine on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Alternative sports sounds good. If we offerd varsity beer drinking at VC we would be state champs every year.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

and i might actually consider coaching....

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

comebacker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 am Belpre and Federal Hocking don't even have teams. Southern barely has one. I think it's about time for it to die
Suthern is a wanna be basketball school, and I explained above why Belpre and FH are struggling. It goes in trends. Back when Suthern had all those red shirts in JH they had plenty of players cause they were winning.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 am
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am It's all BS. Eastern has a really good JH program. Belpre's numbers are down in every sport. It's a dying community more than it is anything else. FH hasn't won a game in what, 3 years. No wonder their numbers are down. And it is a liberal thing. They love soccer, and want to get rid of our game to replace it with that one.
Soccer is one of the problems with Logan's Football program, Taking away some skilled position kids! :mrgreen:
Logan has too many students 9 thur 12 to have soccer make too big of a difference in the football program.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 am
noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:53 am

True the Liberals in general are afraid of little Johnnie get bang up! The solution FLAG football for the 6th , 7th and 8th grade with the emphasis on teaching basics! :mrgreen:
Still like to see what stats are out there that show one political group has anything to do with numbers in sports. The conservitives rule the state of Ohio.

Return to “Football”